Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Holidays and Kitchen - so exciting for you...

Hope all goes well...

From me too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Whoop whoop :j:T:j:T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Holidays-wise we were planning to go to Ibiza beginning of July until the building works date was set. If I'd been sensible I would've waited until October when we had planned to go to Lanzarote. But dragging my heels over booking that holiday meant all the centrally located reasonably priced villas had gone. So persuaded Mr SA to go back to that hotel we went to before, resulting in a very much cheaper holiday, hence booking the Ibiza one too. Not quite buy one get one free but not far off. I do regret not booking the villa we originally wanted for October even though it would've meant foregoing Ibiza.

The building works started today - OMG the state of the house, layers of dust everywhere. The boiler, airing cupboard and radiators have gone and the only hot water is via the shower. The chimney that ran through the kitchen and bathroom has gone, Mr SA said there was soot everywhere. He's enjoyed having the company and has helped out where he could.

We've had salad tonight although the oven will be there until later this week so might cook tomorrow. Taking it one day at a time.

Boiling hot at work today 34 degrees in office and we have no air con.

After the weekend excesses tonight is an AFD. Need to detox :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mortgage has been approved finally. Phew!

No builder today, finishing another job off. I told Mr SA if the window cleaner came to tell him to come back when the works have finished. So he let him clean all the windows today including the two that are going!!! This means my planned NSD has gone awry and I've wasted £10.

Been note taking in a meeting from 11.30 to 15.30 with no break for lunch. I was starving!!! Ate my lunch then it was time to go home.

Ocado have sent me £45 off next 4 orders plus free delivery pass so have used first voucher of £15 off £50 shop for this week's delivery. They had some good offers but only ordered basic stuff as don't know how much longer will have cooker. Some of their stuff is cheaper than Morrisons and the £15 off beats the 10% staff discount (DD works there).

Walked to and from work today, getting easier on ankle now.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great news on the mortgage missus

Boo to the window cleaner mix-up (take it out of Mr SA's Ale allowance ;D )

Rest up tonight, you've deserved it
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Great news on the mortgage missus

Boo to the window cleaner mix-up (take it out of Mr SA's Ale allowance ;D )

Rest up tonight, you've deserved it

From me too!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay to the mortgage and building work starting SA.

Boooo to Mr SA with the window cleaner though :eek::rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay to the mortgage and building work starting SA.

Boooo to Mr SA with the window cleaner though :eek::rotfl: xx

Echo those words, hope you have not melted too much today.... who is currently doing a rain dance !
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Been raining here too!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Feel free to send the rain here ;)

Hope all is well SA :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts