I Want To Be Mortgage Free!

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Hi Jessy how are you doing? X
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Jessy103 wrote: »
    Hi lippy. My mortgage is with natwest but I don't know if others do it or not. I have to call them to make an op as I don't have a current account with them so I can't do it online. I might ask them next time why it's any of their business! Maybe they look at me overpaying and think she must be dodgy to keep wanting to overpay on her mortgage instead of spending money on crap she doesnt need like 'normal' people do! Lol! X
    Have you asked them yet :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Jessy how are you doing? X

Hi ATB! I'm good thanks! Haven't posted for a little while because I'm waiting for OH to get paid on Friday so I can see how much of a bonus he has got and how much of an OP I can make! To be honest I'm getting a bit impatient and wishing the days away, which I know I shouldn't do! How are you? Any news on the overdue invoice front since you went to the solicitors? x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Jessy103
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Have you asked them yet :D.

Hi Gallygirl! No I haven't asked them yet because I can't do another OP until Friday when OH gets paid. Will let you know as soon as I have spoken to them! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Jessy103 wrote: »
    I don't think I know VO, is it any good and if so will you give me the full name please?

Hi Jess, sorry for not replying sooner - that's the problem with subscribing and reading on my phone but not looking when on my computer! VO= Valued Opinions - I think a lot of people get on well with them, but I know I used to get screened out quite a long way through the survey. I haven't missed them - there's only so many surveys I can do!:rotfl:

We used to have a NW mortgage, but we had an account with them too, so didn't have to ring them up - I think I might have been tempted to come up with some creative responses to the question.... e.g. 'a Nigerian prince sent me the money for helping him escape the bad guys... I met him by email!' :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Options
    Hi madvix. No problem I know we're all busy people on here! Yes I have used Valued Opinions in the past but I gave up because they just weren't sending me any surveys! Might try them again though but like you say there are only so many you can do in a day!

OMG yes I love that one!!! I never thought about a Nigerian prince! Like I say I am always tempted to say I've pimped out OH or that I've sold a lot of weed this month! :rotfl:
  • Jessy103
    Options
    OH got paid today and I'm pleased to say he got a lovely Christmas bonus! I'm really pleased for him because he works really hard bless him and often comes home abit stressed out! It has allowed me to pay £2164.52 off the mortgage which takes us down to £67,000.00!

For all of you that would like to know why they ask me where the funds come from the answer is 'anti money laundering'. I said I'm always tempted to say something silly like pimping out OH and the bloke on the other end laughed and said I wouldn't be the first to come up with a colourful story in response to this question! He advised me not to do it though because all calls are recorded and monitored for money laundering prevention! Well at least we know now!

The larger amount does mean my monthly payment will be reduced, I did ask for it to stay the same but he said the difference will be taken off my 10% yearly allowance so I said to reduce it so I can keep a closer eye on the amount I overpay and make sure I don't incur any charges. I explained to him that I have a spreadsheet for this! I also told him after we talked about Christmas shopping that I have a spreadsheet for my Christmas shopping too! He laughed and said he'd never spoken to someone so organised, I told him to get on this forum!! Lol!

Have a great day everyone!
    Jess x
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice OP Jess! :T Mr Jess must be very pleased with the recognition of his hard work.

That's a bit of a weird answer from NW really as you don't have to give a reason when you pay online! Perhaps the Nigerian prince suggestion isn't a great one - that does actually sound like money laundering!!

It's perfectly normal to have spreadsheets for everything, isn't it?! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Nice OP Jess! :T Mr Jess must be very pleased with the recognition of his hard work.

That's a bit of a weird answer from NW really as you don't have to give a reason when you pay online! Perhaps the Nigerian prince suggestion isn't a great one - that does actually sound like money laundering!!

It's perfectly normal to have spreadsheets for everything, isn't it?! :D

Thanks Madvix! Yeah I think he is and will be rewarded more next week when he goes on his works Christmas dinner and afternoon in the pub, all paid for by his employer!

I know that's what I thought but hey ho, I've not got any money from a Nigerian Prince yet so will just have to carry on with the boring source of funds which is wages! Lol! I'm hoping in the new year that Natwest will offer some money to switch to their current account so I can get some money for switching banks and be able to pay online in future!

I thought it was to normal to have spreadsheets too but I'm starting to think that we're just special on this forum and that other people just go months spending money willy nilly and never check their bank statements!

x
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Well it's been an expensive weekend! My food shop came which was just over £100, it's usually under but I had to get a last minute Christmas present for a neighbour as they brought one round for us the other day! One of my lovely dogs decided to chew my glasses last Monday so I had to order some new ones which I collected today and cost me £120! They were buy one get one free so I've got a spare pair incase it happens again and I really am blind without them so needs must! We've also found our holiday for next year so that's booked and paid for. A nice place in Devon which allows the dogs, really looking forward to it! I know it's not as exciting as jetting off round the world but it's what we enjoy, it's cheaper as we don't have to put the dogs in kennels and I don't have to worry about flying on a plane!

Have a good week everyone!
    Jess x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure