Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Options

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @ uk1; After the switch to RHE there should actually be a safeguard in the form of the 14 days cool down. RHE will be bonkers if they don't do that.

What makes me suspicious about RHE is that they are pushing through the largely automatic switch from SSE to them rather quickly and not really allowing SSE to catch it's breath and make an offer. My other reservation about RHE is that they are local government and what implications there are related to that are unclear

Still no email and no letter and no opt-out form received from Ebico and today's post has been. I suppose there is Saturday's post and Monday's post but I'm not optimistic.
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. I understand all that. It remains misinformation by ommission followed and compounded by inertia selling. Ebico have lost my admiration.
  • Anthorn
    edited 3 March 2017 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Got to the bottom of it because I got an Ebico telephone support staff who was actually interested in looking up my account.

Because I recently switched to Equipower, Ebico don't have my account details because they get them monthly. So my email, letter and form hasn't been sent out to me. They say that I will be staying with SSE as I have requested and to ignore any letters I get about switching to RHE.

So there you go. The carpet-baggers are not getting my account nor my monthly direct debit :D
  • uk1
    Options
    From what I can tell, the Ebico Robin Hood rate isn't a special opening rate at discount but will be their ongoing rate until change. Apart from the small saving I can't see any reason not to stay with SSE until they change the rate.
  • Anthorn
    Options
    uk1 wrote: »
    From what I can tell, the Ebico Robin Hood rate isn't a special opening rate at discount but will be their ongoing rate until change. Apart from the small saving I can't see any reason not to stay with SSE until they change the rate.

According to Uswitch if I changed to Ebico Zero (RHE) it would be £10.86 a year cheaper than Equipower and that includes payment by monthly direct debit. Not really a lot. I would prefer to stay with the tried, tested and proven rather than go off into the unknown wide blue yonder until I get a reason to switch.
  • uk1
    Options
    Same here. I prefer to manage the account online.
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone who is changing, don't forget that if you have both fuels you'll now only be making one direct debit payment rather than two - so if you're in a current account deal that requires two active DDs then you need to find yourself another one to make up for it!
  • whattochoose
    Options
    Anybody getting a blank page when they try to log on to their account with Ebico?
    I am.
  • Anthorn
    Options
    Anybody getting a blank page when they try to log on to their account with Ebico?
    I am.

Oops there goes Ebico already ROFL. But anyway I just tried the "Account" link from Ebico's home page and the resulting page is blank.
  • whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 694 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just got off the phone with SSE.
    They tell me I can continue with the exact same tariff with them, including the no standing charge bit.
    They tell me nothing will change. Apparently it will be known as a "legacy" tariff.
    Trouble is, I've already given my bank details to RHE (or was it Ebico), so I need to make sure with my bank that no DD details are put into action for the Ebico/RHE tariff.
    Maybe it's me, but I just find there's something awfully muddled about the way Ebico have gone about this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure