Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

Options

Comments

• Mark7519
    Mark7519 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    The valuer wrote on the report that there could be some problems selling the property in the future due to it being next door to a nursing home and a commercial building directly behind the house. We are gutted but at least we found out now and not in 5 years time. Lost our valuation fee which is s bit crap but never mind.:mad:
  • Mark7519
    Mark7519 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    We have managed to find another property that have accepted our offer so fingers crossed everything comes through this time.
  • klbancroft
    klbancroft Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Great news Mark... good luck 👍
  • Mikec1982
    Mikec1982 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck mark we had are survay done Saturday and report come back fine it's with the underwriters at the moment waiting on a decision. Hope all go's through on your new house I just hope we don't get asked for more documents.
  • BenAJSinbad
    Options
    Survey is happening today on ours Mikec1982 - their website states '5 days for valuation receipt', but you had yours back in 2? That's good, as our 28 day exchange period is nearly up! Arrggh! Good luck on getting your offer :-)
  • Missymae0
    Missymae0 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi we are currently waiting for our broker to submit the application after receiving an offer in principle a week ago.

Kind of wish I hadn't read this thread as I am now extremely nervous ��

We are buying a new build with HTB on second tier with precise.

We have until 28th July to complete keeping my fingers crossed ����
  • Mikec1982
    Mikec1982 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    My 28 day exchange was up yesterday but I just explained were we are up to and they have not said we can't compleate. I just hope it's good news Friday otherwise I think it will be two late as it's 3 day turn around on new documents.
  • Flossy84uk
    Options
    Hi

Our application was sent in on the 31st May, valuation was done in a day and report back in 2days. They came back quite quickly with further information requested. We got what they needed within 30mins as they were working on our case when they requested but I found out they submitted it and it went to the back of the pile for 4working days. The 4th working day was today so I emailed for an update, they have requested further information again and information they already had 3times. We are due to complete 1st week in July so am scared the timescale is going to pass! Even our HTB part is through and that only took 24hrs to be approved.

Has anyone paid there solictors to do searches etc before the mortgage offer has come through? The company were buying the property off has asked us to get these done now before the offer comes in.
  • Thefutureisbright
    Options
    Flossy84uk - if your confident in getting the offer through, I'd get the searches done as soon as possible as we had a massive delay with getting ours as I held on until the offer came. The searches are apparently being delayed at the moment as they're running behind according to our solicitor so I'd check with yours as it may be dependent on location.
  • 1sttimebuyer91
    Options
    Hi all,
    Been following this thread for a while and decided to join and share this journey with you! Our application went in with precise 1 week ago- haven't heard anything yet although received the DD letter within a couple of days.
    Tried chasing mortgage broker and heard nothing back- haven't heard from him since I complained to him that he should have warned me of the £35 TT fee that was added to the valuation fee before it was taken from my account. Let's hope he's not going to make this difficult now!
    We've instructed our solicitor surveys a week ago too to get things moving- does mean a risk we'll lose a lot of money now if we are rejected but I'm hoping for the best!
    Going to chase again today as sure there should have been some movement by now with the 4 day turnaround.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback