Potterton Suprima 50 Lock Out problem

Options

Comments

• rich1lfc
    Options
    hi
    i have a red flashing light but it wont let me reset. any ideas?
    nothing scares me.....ive got kids
  • Hornet
    Hornet Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    new PCB should fix it
    if i had known then what i know now
  • rich1lfc
    Options
    thanks hornet
    nothing scares me.....ive got kids
  • til_2
    Options
    I have replaced the PCB - No Change still ignites and locks out. :confused:

I have replaced the Air Pressure Switch - No Change still ignites and locks out. :confused:

I have replaced the Temperature Sensor - No Change still ignites and locks out. :confused:

:mad:
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The following found on another forum may be worth trying:
    We had the lockout problems with Pot boiler (red flashing).
    After changing the PCB, and the motorized valve the problem still persisted (very intermittently).

Later we found it was because the ignition probe was not positioned correctly (should be 3-4 mm from the gas outlet according to manual).

I would recommend people to check this before changing the PCB etc.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • mdale30
    Options
    battle1066 wrote:
    I agree with Jolie. I've a Suprima 30 and the lock outs increased in frequency and then bang - a reset would only last minutes or seconds! Thankfully 'compumerv' delivered a board next day, very easy to fit - just undo a few screws remove the connectors and replace the board. And it worked and still is working after a week. I was a bit suprized to see a small scorch mark on the board but it worked and for £35 I am not complaining. Plus the board I removed from the boiler was slightly marked with poor soldering. I was shocked at how appalling the quality was - I spent a couple of years working on making up such boards in a design lab. I used to think Potteron was a quality name, not any more.

Is it possible to fit a Potterton Suprima 100 PCB to a Suprima 60 model?
  • SmartRRRR
    Options
    If you look on eBay for Potterton you will see more than one supplier of refurbished boards, and they are described as fitting 30 to 100 so yes, mdale30, it is possible.
  • bwilding
    Options
    Hi there, i too thought i had problems with the PCB on my Suprima 50 with the usual lockouts getting more and more frequent, until it eventually wouldnt allow me to press the reset button (basically as i pressed the reset button it would go green but as soon as i released it it goes back to red). I bought a refurbished board from Ebay and replaced but still have the same problem.

I am happy i have done this because now if i get someone out they cant try and sell me a new one for £300 as i know this isn't the problem.

Can anyone offer me some advise as to what else the problem could be? I am thinking it might be the overheat thermostat as the boiler will ignite every so often if i just leave it on all the time, but only stays on for a few minutes and then shuts down again....

Any help would be gratefully received.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you read posts 25 & 26?
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • bwilding
    Options
    yes i did... mine doesnt ignite then just lock out...it ignites and then stays on for a short while and then turns off. If i then press the reset button nothing happens. The red light on mine also doesn't flash it stays on constantly unless it is in a good mood and decides to give us 5 minutes of heat.

I interpreted their posts as an immediate lock out after it has ignited.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure