Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• isolation
    isolation Posts: 120 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2013 at 10:31AM
    Options
    A quick question for the ATOS rep - Is it possible for you to explain why ATOS do not expand their services and run hospitals ?
    Surely they would be extremely popular with your success rates of making people well ?

Thanks
    Dee
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2013 at 10:32AM
    Options
    Bl***y hell Dee in light of Calumslist.org do you really think Atos are the best people at spotting those who are seriously ill!!!
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    You keep missing this one, can you please find a little time to at least answer one of my questions

Question for the rep...

Does a HCP' specifically a NURSE have to identify themselves with their name and registration number in the same way that a Doctor must tell you his or her GMC number.

Any chance of a simple answer??????
  • damo24
    damo24 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Can we ask a favour?

Could you try to keep the thread on topic, with just questions for Atos please so they can easily see the questions and hopefully give our forum users answers?

Also, where it can't answer a question because it's not something it covers we're encouraging Atos to post saying it can't answer but that it can give a link to where the answer can be found.

Obviously this shouldn't take away from posts it can answer but hopefully this will help people when it can't.

Thanks in advance

Andrea :)

Atos Rep, can I once again ask you to answer my question which was originally posted at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=58600685&postcount=148 then at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=58804139&postcount=372, http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=58957771&postcount=634, http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59057755&postcount=794 and finally at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59228407&postcount=1072.

Just to remind you, the question I asked was why the person completing the ESA85 does not have to complete the justification section with any meaningful or evidenced observation?

I know of people who have had this section completely missed out and in my case the form is below (with personal details redacted):
    MedicalReportJustification_zps174fe26f.png
    Despite suffering from complex mental health problems for more than 4 years (at the time of the assessment) the HCP states that he feels that I will be able to return to work within 3 months and his ONLY justification for this is that (in his opinion) my "level of disability would be expected to improve". I should point out that nearly 9 months on from the WCA my GP, CPN and Consultant Psychiatrist feel that I an still not well enough to return to work and in fact my condition has deteriorated due to the stress of the appeals process.

Surely this advice is not "justified with reference to the evidence gathered". And would fail any "Regular random quality audit review" and does not provide any "consistency between the evidence present and the advice offered".

I appreciate that you cannot discuss individual cases but can you please explain how an HCP (who was a Doctor) can get away with such a brief justification without providing evidence to back up his prognosis?
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    It seems the MSE sponsored Atos Rep has decided not to answer as many questions or answer very very few. Perhaps it's leaving them all to it's mate Fridge3!!

Question for MSE Andrea, when is the review of this Atos PR promotion exercise going to take place?
  • schrodie
    Options
    Question for the Atos PR Rep as sponsored by MSE if he's still answering questions.

Why aren't claimants allowed to know whether the person carrying out the WCA is qualified to do so in so much as that they are qualified in the area of the claimants medical condition? This video would suggest that the claimant isn't allowed to know anything about the assessor!! It may turn out that a physiotherapist is assessing someone for mental health issues!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4WkZ7GyyF4
  • schrodie
    Options
    Fridge3 wrote: »
    That applies to others more than me and shows predictable bias rather than objectivity just by the fact you choose to ignore worse offenders.

Now where did I put my "special cream" that embarrassing itch above seems have have reared its ugly head!! :D
  • sicknotethefirst
    sicknotethefirst Posts: 184 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2013 at 11:04AM
    Options
    Question for the Atos rep...

I sent in my ESA50 with all my med reports etc I was then contacted by Atos with an appointment, I spoke to my Gp about it and he wrote another report in which he said in the last para Given the circumstances I am somewhat surprised that he is being called for a face to face medical assessment and wonder if the necessary facts have been made available to the medical team.

In view of this I then asked Atos for the reason for a face to face assessment and they replied with what the nurse said who looked at my EAS50 and any other available evidence “I am unable to advise on the evidence held. The case will need to be referred for assessment”

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

I have checked the details on the NMC site and found that this Nurse didn't have any additional qualifications shown? so I rang the NMC to ask what does this mean? the gentleman at NMC told be that she is just a Nurse without any other qualification, so I said so you mean a bog standard nurse? to which he replied well I wouldn't have put it like that but yes the nurse in question hasn't undergone any other training and holds no other qualifications except basic nursing.

So my question is... How can a bog standard nurse make these kind of decisions? when it's obvious from the evidence supplied she simply couldn't understand it!!
  • schrodie
    Options
    So my question is... How can a bog standard nurse make these kind of decisions? when it's obvious from the evidence supplied she simply couldn't understand it!!

The problem is all Atos does is pluck these "nurses" from wherever give them a few weeks of so called "disability analysis training" then lets them loose on people with potentially complex mental and/or physical problems. No wonder so many genuine sick and disabled people are being subjected to inhumane and degrading treatment at the hands of this company.

It's a shocking state of affairs and it's also shocking that MSE are giving them a supporting platform!
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    edited 15 February 2013 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Hi again

Please help us keep this thread on topic and clear for the questions to be found quickly and easily. If you don't it may take longer for the Atos rep to work out what is a genuine question and get back to you.

If someone's not doing this please use the report button as usual to let us know.

We're reviewing the thread regularly to see whether questions are being answered and if not, to find out why.

And to make it absolutely clear, no-one can pay to be included on our site and it's a real shame you feel they can. Please read our strict Editorial Code on this:
    Third parties (including the MoneySupermarket.com group) shall not be able to pay for or otherwise agree advertising space on MoneySavingExpert.com. Where printed guides produced by MoneySavingExpert.com are sponsored, the name of the sponsor may be noted.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories