PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Trying_really_hard
    Options
    Ooo, thank you for setting up the thread. :T

I'm just declaring myself complete on February and then will be starting March as it is payday for me today. I am toying with the idea of reducing my figure but my OH and I are off for a week in March so there may be a couple of "nicer" purchases made that week. I'll mull it over.

Even if I do leave it the same, I'll be transferring what I don't spend to savings come the end of the month so its no big deal either way. :D

I've managed to put away £130 to savings in Jan and Feb...that's baby's cot paid for :p
    How long til pay day? :eek:
    March Grocery Challenge - £69.54 / £300
  • mrsninja
    Options
    I'm done with the Feb challenge today and I've posted my update on the Feb thread.

I made it, spending £191.74/200, so I'm lowering March's budget to £180 and lets see what I can do with that. My challenge will run from 20th Feb to 20th March.
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - may I join in? My March runs from today until 23rd March and I want to set my budget at £150.
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join the March challenge for £75 per week or £325 per month?

we are in the process of moving house and although I have calculated the maximum we ever spend, I need to really knuckle down and bring this area of spending under control.

Cat.x
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    Can I join please.

Hubby has been made redundant so have to do everything we can to reign in the pennies

thinking £150 for March including two adults, a toddler and two cats.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • closemead
    Options
    After falling off the old school wagon I'm jumping back on. Please can you put me down for £200 My job finishes at the end of March and I'm desperately trying to pay as much of my overdraft off as possible. This is for two adults, five kids and a cat :)
    March G.C. £300 fail 🙄
    April G.C. £380
  • scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you zippy for the new thread :T:T
    My month doesn't start until the 1st but I will be trying for £357 please. :):)
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • Solstice_3
    Solstice_3 Posts: 444 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2015 at 2:33PM
    Options
    I need to go to February and catch up on the thread and declare. So behind at the moment very busy!

Please put me down for £240 I have meat for the month so I am hoping I can do this, but not 100% sure as I have spent nearly £30 today on not much :( Tiredness is not helping! I have however done a menu for the month so there is hope :)

Edit: Spending update

20/02 NSD (1)
    21/02 £21.56 other spends are easter eggs so out of a different budget.
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Some very tight budgets this month :( I wish you lots of luck with YS :)

My stocks have ran down quite a bit now so we are going to go for £200 this month. That is for 2 adults and 2 teens for food, cleaning, toiletries and take-outs.

I have spent already so I'll have a tot up soon.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm back in this month, kept on breaking my budget. So I'm determined to reign everything back in.
    Part of the plan is posting on here to keep track.

So the budget is £250 for three adults two teens and six cats.

Good luck all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport