IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NPS Northern Parking Services Parking Charge Notice Enquiry

Options
bigdaveysjcb
bigdaveysjcb Posts: 51 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Hi members

Just need some advice, this is the scenario I have received a parking notice asking for £60.00 within 21 days or this will increase to £100, please see the appeals email I sent to Northern Parking Services below:

My name is Mr XXXX XXXX and I would like to appeal your parking charge notice purely on the basis that today I was driving my partners car, Vehicle Registration: KJ07WYX I normally drive my car, Vehicle Registration: NL08ZWK and if you check your records I actually made a payment of £4.58 at 11.04 to park all day at Scottish Life through your android application (Whoosh). I have attached a screen print of the parking history page which clearly details that I have paid today, I can provide further proof if necessary in the form of my bank statement when your transaction shows up on it.

You will be able to see if you check your records and your cameras that my car (NL08ZWK) has not been to your premises at any time today that is because I was driving my partners car (KJ07WYX) which I am registered to drive please see attached Motor Insurance Certificates for both vehicles clearly stating that I am legally allowed to drive both cars.

I would like to appeal to your common sense and decency and hope that you realise that all I am guilty of here is simply failing to update the Whoosh application with the registration details of my partners car (KJ07WXY) at the time of purchase I was distracted and in automatic pilot mode as usually when parking at Scottish Life I always use my car (NL08ZWK). You will be able to confirm this by looking at your records and I can provide this if necessary from details recorded on the Whoosh application.

I would like to think that I am a valued customer and you can see that I am a repeat customer because of the ideal location and sensible prices that you charge. I would like this to continue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards

Mr XXXX XXXXX

They have responded with a letter via email declining my appeal, with a lot of waffle that I don't really understand.

Any advice would be gratefully received because out of all the times that I have incurred these kind of charges I genuinely feel as if this should be overturned based on the fact that I physically paid to park all day but as I was driving my girlfriends car in this instance and hadn't updated her registration details on the application so I paid the parking fee against my car which she was driving. Really frustrated about this and would like to know if there is any way I can avoid this.

Regards

Paul

Comments

• dazster
    dazster Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Well that was just about the worst appeal you could've sent.

Complain to the landowner that you paid and they should now get this charge cancelled for you.

Other than that, there's nothing you can do now. Ignore everything except a real Letter Before Claim (from the PPC or their solicitors, not empty threats from debt collectors). Given that you paid and can prove it this is unlikely to go beyond begging letters.
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    I have not paid yet
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    mnot paid the fine just paid for parking on the day but the car registered was my other car which my girlfriend was using and I was using hers so naturally when they checked their records they could not see any payment against the car I was using because I had not registered the vehicle registration on their app. hope that makes sense sorry
  • dazster
    Options
    Yes I got the picture. You paid for your parking and now they are seeking to profit from a simple error when they've actually lost nothing. Very few judges would uphold such a case which is why it's unlikely that this will go beyond begging letters.

But you should still complain to the landowner. You paid (for your parking) so he's lost nothing.
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    so to be clear I shouldn't pay? I'm your opinion?

Thanks for your advice by the way
    Paul
  • dazster
    Options
    No-one here will ever advise you to pay.
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    thanks suppose I just have to hold my nerve now or pay up.

Really appreciate the advice thanks
  • dazster
    Options
    Why on earth would you pay? You paid for your parking and they are taking the p|ss. Grow a pair!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options

No, you have to grow a pair, man up, step up to the plate, make them blink first. You hold the winning cards here, tell them to take you to court or go forth and multiply.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2016 at 1:11AM
    Options

Hold your nerve?! Everyone here - tens of thousands of people - used to ignore private parking charge notices for years and the sky didn't fall in; invariably a silly load of debt collector letters arrive which we laugh at:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

I have ignored half a dozen private PCNs myself, the only difference now is there are better ways to appeal or complain to get them cancelled...and a few companies sue people sometimes. But not this lot:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203549682-Northern-Parking-Services-North-East-Ltd-Trading-As-Northern-Parking-Services-

HTH - if you pay this you are a mug. Do you pay Nigerian email scams too?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure