First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Lol Ciaccino :D Good to hear!!
    ally.
  • loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've redeemed the first £15, waiting to get enough points for the second, last time I checked I was onto 11 points
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    I redeemed the first time around without problems. This time I have had to email them twice so far to get points added and have 1 more point to go to redeem £10 .
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    has anyone had their point today
    every week I have to send an email
    I think
    I will delete it as soon as I get enough for a £10 voucher
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had my point automatically today
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2015 at 12:00PM
    Options
    Dont know if this is a permanent thing but assume it is . Had a mail today saying here is your point towards a 5 or 10 pound john Lewis voucher.
    Luckily I redeemed my £10 amazon voucher yesterday and so have uninstalled.
    I have no use for John Lewis vouchers.

Just to add, I was running this on my iphone which has no telephone network access and it ran fine using just the wifi in my house so if you are thinking of using this on an old compatible phone without a sim, it should work so long as you are still accessing the web with it.
  • rachv81
    Options
    Is there anyone who knows what exactly they are recording? Could they be obtaining log in details i.e. Paypal, internet banking, online purchases? Thanks.
  • Aesop
    Options
    rachv81 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who knows what exactly they are recording? Could they be obtaining log in details i.e. Paypal, internet banking, online purchases? Thanks.

no they are not. They only want to see what websites you visit, ie amazon, paypal, ebay, john lewis, etc. they are only recording website visits

What information is collected?

Basic Demographic Information: When you sign up for this program, we may obtain your contact information and some basic demographic information about you using a questionnaire, information from companies through which you obtained or inquired about this program, or the application that you install onto your mobile device and allow to track your Internet usage.

Survey response information: Once you agree to participate in this program, we may notify you of survey opportunities through e-mail, text messages, U.S. mail, and other means. If you elect to participate in a survey, we require that you provide complete and accurate information about yourself and your household. The survey opportunities that we provide to you may be related to other information that we collect. For example, we may provide you with a survey asking you about the quality of your user experience at a particular website.

Mobile device hardware and other configuration information: Our application may collect certain basic hardware, configuration and application usage information about the mobile device on which you install our application, including such data as the model of the mobile device , the amount of memory in the mobile device, and technical information about the device (e.g. number of games loaded, number of custom ringtones available, and operating system versions). To that end, we may also collect information about device ownership, mobile device services provider names and mobile device models, usage of various mobile device features, and opinions and attitudes related to all of the above.

Internet usage information: Once you install our application, it monitors all of the Internet behavior that occurs on the mobile device on which you install the application, including both your normal web browsing and, for non-iOS devices, the activity that you undertake during secure sessions, such as filling a shopping basket, completing an application form or checking your online accounts. For iOS devices, during a secure session, only the host URL will be collected. We may use the information that we monitor, such as name and address, for the purpose of better understanding your household demographics; however we make commercially viable efforts to automatically filter confidential personally identifiable information such as UserID, password, credit card numbers, and account numbers. Inadvertently, we may collect personal information about our panelists; and when this happens, we make commercially viable efforts to purge our database of such information.

Internet usage information may include messaging services, mobile web browsing activity, usage and titles of downloaded applications and files as well as usage of cameras, video streaming and other utilities on the mobile device as well as usage times for certain device activities (e.g., text messaging, call lengths, and web browsing).

Our application does not examine text of your e-mail messages or text messages, image files either downloaded or captured via camera phones, contact or address book entries saved on the phone, or calendar entries. We may, however, record the number of text messages and review select e-mail header information, including any SMS Short Code numbers that may have been dialed.

In addition to information collected through our application, we may also collect data about your Internet use from third-parties, including search engines, email providers, social networks and other application service providers whose Internet sites you visit.

How is the information collected?

For all mobile devices except the iPhone and iPad, the application monitors your Internet usage by transmitting to our servers information about the web pages that you visit and the actions that you take while online.

Consequently, the software may communicate with our servers while you are connected to but not browsing the Internet. Such communications could include the transmission of collected data as outlined in this privacy policy, or it could include incoming instructions for our software. For example, our servers need to tell our software about survey opportunities, so that we can provide you with invitations where you can take a survey in exchange for sweepstake entries, cash, or other prizes.

For iOS devices, no software is downloaded. Instead, a configuration file unique to each iPhone and iPad is installed which will enable the device to route all internet traffic through the MobileXpression Virtual Private Network (“VPN”). Each configured iOS device is authenticated using a user certificate provided with the configuration file and a root certificate to validate the user certificate. All traffic routed through the VPN will be encrypted and will pass through our proxy server. A VPN icon will appear on the top of the device screen every time a connection has been established to the MobileXpression VPN.

In addition, we may ask for information about you using surveys, for which participation is completely voluntary. We may also combine the information that you provide us with information obtained from other sources (such as consumer preference reporting companies, credit reporting agencies and companies that collect TV viewing information) using confidential matching procedures. In these cases, we will: (i) provide a data match processor with only the personal information necessary to perform a match and, infrequently, to assist us performing statistical analyses; (ii) establish procedures and legal obligations that prohibit use of the information received for any other purpose or disclosure of this information to anyone else; and (iii) require destruction of the received information after completion of the match and analysis. You also agree that we may use the information we have collected from you to identify your use of search engines, email providers, social networks and other application service providers whose Internet sites you visit. Your agreement to this policy shall serve as your consent to allow us to request data about your online activities from these third-parties and to combine that information with the information that you provide us directly or through the software.

You further agree that we may use third party service providers to obtain other on-line data, TV viewing, or mobile usage information and that we may integrate such data with the data that you provide us as part of this research community, provided that the acquisition and processing of such information adheres to the privacy principles included in this privacy policy and user license agreement.

We also may collect information on the types of applications you use and general statistics on how you use them. So, for instance, you may open a game, and our software would collect information on what type of game you are playing, and how long the game was open, but it would not have any knowledge of how well you played or what your high score was.

Your information is stored in the United States where our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of other countries may differ from those of the United States. Your information may be processed outside of the United States, provided that the data protection laws of such processing location affords similar if not more protections than those afforded in the United States for the processed data.

http://www.mobilexpression.com/Privacy.aspx
  • rachv81
    Options
    it still sound like they could 'accidentally' obtain these details though, I think the risk is too great at the moment. Thank you for all the info you sent though :-)
  • Aesop
    Options
    rachv81 wrote: »
    it still sound like they could 'accidentally' obtain these details though, I think the risk is too great at the moment. Thank you for all the info you sent though :-)

I uninstalled after my last payment. someone I know got declined their last payment as they were told they were not transmitting data. Nothing was ever sent to them, ie emails saying you are not transmitting etc, and they appealed and were told no, and account closed.

So on principle that at any time they could do the same to any of us, I cashed out and closed my account. Not worth £5 amazon every 2 months for that hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure