Toluna Survey Site not payment problems

Options

Comments

• culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    if you have used swagbucks recently, they have had a thing come up on their gold surveys page which expects details filled in (on a dark coloured page)and while it does take you to a survey, it does also appear to have signed up for toluna surveys separately. I have been getting their invites too and just delete them.
  • katfish
    katfish Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not signed up to Swagbucks so have never used it. So, perhaps another of the survey providers are also linked to toluna?
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The last few New Vista Live surveys I've done have been run by Toluna but I've been accessing them from the NVL link, not by anything provided by Toluna themselves.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just joined Toluna hoping to earn some JL vouchers and I now regret my decision. They awarded me with 500 joining points. Out of 10 surveys I received, I was screened out on 9 occasions. I think I earned 2000 points which should be credited withing 2 months if they pass all the quality checks. The problem is - they normally let you to complete 50% of the survey before telling you that you are not who they are looking for.
    I think that I will abandon my idea to earn the vouchers with Toluna and close my account. :mad:Just wanted to know if any of you had a good experience with Toluna?
  • ted24
    ted24 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kiwi07 wrote: »
    I just joined Toluna hoping to earn some JL vouchers and I now regret my decision. They awarded me with 500 joining points. Out of 10 surveys I received, I was screened out on 9 occasions. I think I earned 2000 points which should be credited withing 2 months if they pass all the quality checks. The problem is - they normally let you to complete 50% of the survey before telling you that you are not who they are looking for.
    I think that I will abandon my idea to earn the vouchers with Toluna and close my account. :mad:Just wanted to know if any of you had a good experience with Toluna?

I had similar experiences years ago.
    I do odd Toluna surveys on other sites if they come up still, but I don't use their own site
  • fraserbooks
    Options
    I have read a lot of bad reviews of Toluna. They have a high payment threshold and a lot of very low paying surveys. People have also reported being close to the payment t hreshhold and either not getting surveys or having their account closed. If you want to make money from surveys I would recommend a site like mintvine which has a lower payment threshold 10$ and has a daily poll so you can get the last few points. They are very responsive to queries. Other sites like Pinecone have higher payments but you need to be invited to join.
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Same issue I had half way through questionare and then said didnt apply to me, dont waste your time
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As with most survey sites unfortunately not worth it. Why people use these rubbish sites that barely pay anything and then decide they don't need you 1/2 way through I have no idea.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Although they are on the MSE list I haven't used them for years.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys

At various times I have probably belonged to a dozen or more survey sites and unlike Toluna none of them ever expire earnings while you are an active member.

My biggest earner at the moment is Swagbucks, where I have averaged £80 a month of Amazon vouchers for the last 5 months and that's with no referrals and no spending.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kiwi07 wrote: »

Just managed to earn my first £25 JL e-voucher with Toluna after a month of hard work! I am now concerned if I ever be paid? Just read a lot of bad reviews about them on facebook about people not being paid?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure