Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still under the weather denise.

Just a thought but if you were to forego the bacon it could be a Green day? Than you could have hot milk instead of the whisky?:D:rotfl:

p00hsticks wrote: »
    Todays plan from me;

Cheese (HEXA) wholemal sandwich (HEXB) for brunch.

Gammon, mashed potatoes and peas for tea, with parsley sauce (about 6 syns worth I expect, + 1 for the milk in the mash)

For th record, I drink either black coffee, fruit tea, NAS lemon squash or cherry pepsi max depending on my mood and the weather - all are free so I never bother to put those down here, although I do write them in my food diary.

Snacks: banana, grapes, clementines, red pepper strips.

I'd focus on these snacks heavily as they're your only Speed (except for a bit of parsley) today poohsticks.:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Maman, hadn't even noticed it was very nearly a green day so will definitely forgo the bacon this evening. Means I won't have to syn the bread at lunchtime and can have another slice to dip in my egg this evening!

The extra HEA will be used for milk.

Not feeling too bad today so no whiskey tonight!

Denise
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,835 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I'd focus on these snacks heavily as they're your only Speed (except for a bit of parsley) today poohsticks.:)

Thanks for the tip - will do.

I've been assuming that peas (frozen) were free and speed, but having looked at the food optimising book I can't actually see them listed anywhere ?
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options

I've been assuming that peas (frozen) were free and speed, but having looked at the food optimising book I can't actually see them listed anywhere ?

Peas are free but not speed (think they might be listed in the pulses section not the veg section)

Mange tout and sugar snaps are speed though.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Peas are actually Protein so can be used if doing EESP.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you're suffering more side effects kathrynha. Hopefully the new drugs will settle down very soon. I really resonate with the control. I'd be devastated if I allowed myself to go back to being fat again but we must keep a perspective. 3 lbs is nothing in the scheme of things. What matters is we keep plodding on and don't let it get out of control.:A I'll be as delighted as you are when that 3lbs (and more) comes off but we're not going to beat ourselves up about it if it takes time. Right?;)

Of course I'm not beating myself up about it :o
    Zebras rock
  • p00hsticks
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Peas are free but not speed (think they might be listed in the pulses section not the veg section)

Mange tout and sugar snaps are speed though.
    joedenise wrote: »
    Peas are actually Protein so can be used if doing EESP.

Denise

Thanks both - will bear that in mind when doing my menu planning in future.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I always think of SP as a low carb version of EE. So instead of a third each lean meat, carbs and veg you just have 50:50 lean meat and veg. You have your usual syns but no free food just protein, Speed and your HEXs. You can have an extra HEB if you do it 100%. I rarely do a full day but I often keep the carbs down a bit by having a SP lunch but then I don't have the extra HEB. It's only intended short term as a boost. HTH. :)

So there are;

normal slimming world
    Speed/Protein
    Green
    EESPSPPSPS days

Anything else I have missed off... it is confusing!

Today I have had for breakfast/lunch (eaten separately)

Several large carrots (I think I am going to turn orange)
    Banana
    3 large Tomato

Tea
    Mushroom, peppers, onions, courgettes, aubergines, spinach, leaks, chopped toms, curry powder and rice.

I am going to have yoghurt and fruit
  • p00hsticks
    Options
    So there are;

normal slimming world
    Speed/Protein
    Green
    EESPSPPSPS days

Anything else I have missed off... it is confusing!

I'm new to all this but I think that even 'normal' slimming world has morphed over the years.

The latest starter pack deals with 'Extra Easy' (EE) and also mentions 'Extra Easy Speed/Protein' (EE SP) but people who I've spoken to who joined a while ago talk about having 'Red' and 'Green' days
    Mushroom, peppers, onions, courgettes, aubergines, spinach, leaks, chopped toms, curry powder and rice.

oooh - that sounds nice - how do you cook it ?
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I'm new to all this but I think that even 'normal' slimming world has morphed over the years.

The latest starter pack deals with 'Extra Easy' (EE) and also mentions 'Extra Easy Speed/Protein' (EE SP) but people who I've spoken to who joined a while ago talk about having 'Red' and 'Green' days

oooh - that sounds nice - how do you cook it ?

I did SW 28 years ago, when it was red and green, as a vegetarian (at the time) I just had veg, rice, pasta etc. I loved pasta, beans and marmite!

The curry was cooked by OH, he put loads of garlic in it.... it was rather lovely x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure