PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st October 2012

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jo.. My mother has done the same to me too.. £2000 on a storecard, £800 on a catalogue and £1000 on a credit card... I now learned to say no. You will one day xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Not long back from school visit, we both like the school very much, just need to convince DS3 that it is worth the journey, longer day and being the only one from his school going there!

Had left soup cooking in the AGA so scoffed that and now having a glass of wine.

Flying, well there's always tomorrow.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Rowan_tree_2
    Rowan_tree_2 Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2012 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Hi there - another of the special 10 reporting back for duty! (Hi to Bonnie who recruited us and Deus).

I've been missing in action: had a very sunny week on a very big boat on the Broads (any cuts, scratches and bruises from mooring up now healing!), came back to a flooded - and I mean flooded - garden, then got a last minute invite to see some of the family, so sorted out work and a cat sitter, had a nice visit, and got back last night. So no flying done by me! But - we had left the place clean and it was nice to get back. OH is staying with relatives fir a few days to help out with a few things, so am on my own until the end of the week.

I went to work today, had a quick microwave meal tonight, and have been sat for an hour and a half, catching up on my laptop, sorted out finances, whilst listening to The Progress Tour by Take That, bliss!!
    I might even have a choc bar!!

Am on a course Wed and Thurs, so will only aim for level ones.

I've had a quick read through, so hello to any new flyers and good vibes and good health wishes to anyone poorly or feeling low, special wishes for your friend Bonnie. I have heard that an ex-colleague, who was very kind to me when I had a horrible manager some years ago, is desperately ill, so I am hoping against hope for the best for her, also that little April who is in the news, and who is still missing, is soon brought home, safe, to her parents. What a lot of sadness in this world.

One thing made me smile - I read your post, Bossy, and thought you'd said you had time for a quick fight tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Almost nothing done here, oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Bonnie
    - more healing vibes your way
    xxjoxx - families eh, hope it sorts itself
    Kazmeister - hope your back gets better soon
    Archer - welcome to the thread
  • SpiritoftheSouthWest
    Options
    Good evening everyone

welcome to newbies

I love this site as it encourages me to keep flying ; consequently my home is begining to look good and chaos no longer reigns.

I have today vacuumed the lounge, hall and stairs - that's Monday finished. Today I have only the cat's blankets to wash. Couldn't do them today as she has been asleep on them all day. I've changed them this evening by bribing her with a bit of pork.

Tomorrow will have to be bathroom day for me as I will have very little time for flying. The bathroom takes the leasttime to do as it is kept up to scratch on a daily basis.

x

Spirit
    Joined Slimming World originally in December 05 at 17st 9lb and then followed a very hilly route. I now weigh 11st 12 lbs. Whoops, I'll now have to confess to being 12st 12lbs.:o
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    Good evening :D

Another busy day. I prepped the dinner while Bubba was asleep at lunchtime. Then had a phone call to say that 2 of the boys I was due to pick up (and give dinner to) had been taken home early because they are sick. So I needn't have bothered with the dinner! Ho hum.

When the kids went home I took the dog for a walk (it had stopped raining by the time I reached the nature reserve :j), sent DH & DS to Pets at Home to dog & cat food (I can't carry the dog food!) and asked DD2 to vac up downstairs (which she did :)). When I got home, DH was finishing off dinner so I jumped in the shower. I haven't done much since :o Maybe I will start again tomorrow. I need to get up early as it is bin day.

Night night all x
  • charlylovesphil
    Options
    Tuesday - Kitchen & Dining Room
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe surfaces[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe dining table[/STRIKE] and then the girls got flour all over it:cool:
    [STRIKE]Clear floors[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    Mop & hoover floors
    Wash any pet bedding/clean out any pets
    Clean microwave
    Extras
    Wipe & water plants no plants
    Clear a hotspot
    Wipe out fridge

Also need to [STRIKE]sort laundry[/STRIKE], post my childminding forms, pay a bill & take a dress back

Got a bag of charity stuff, made play dough, pizza dough & a apple cake so not to bad. Better tomorrow I hope!!
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks xxjoxx unfortunately i've worked out its sacroiliac joint pain but have no idea what can have caused it unless one leg has got longer than the other. Will wait and see if it improves by the end of the week if not i'll go and bother the docs.
    Dusty my lad was the only one from his school that went to his secondary but within weeks he had made a really good set of firends and increased his range of interests.
    FFP hope tomorrow is better
    Amyloofoo well done

Ok all i have done is the table and worktops and loaded the DW.

DH is in a foul mood worried about his work future but he needs to accept that if he has pushed when i told him to maybe he would be looking at returning to what he wants to do, but I havent yet told him I told you so :rotfl:

Right heading to bed in a min

Love to all x
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • Rowan_tree_2
    Options
    PS I am very rude, and didn't thank JulieJim for the lists. Just by chance I was going to freshen up the bathroom tomorrow.

SpiritofTheSouthWest, my little girlie cat, my avatar, who died in March, LOVED pork!! She would M-E-O-W at the top of her little voice if I cooked pork chops or a joint. She was scared of men, but would walk right up to my OH if he had some and screech at him too! She was so funny and I miss her so - I hope yours is such a sweetie. X
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am off to my nest after.. shutting down my lappy without the blue screen yelling at me!... Why am I so pleased about that?

Donated some more stuff to the DD1 baby cause lol..

DD2 been dumped by bf... *sigh* the difficulties and trials of a teen relationship... he is a dweeb anyway :p

I need to play washing catch up tomorrow

DW done but I need to fill it with pans in the morning... let's hope this bleeding has settled a bit.. glad to see it though, I was getting twitchy... 10 weeks is a loooooooooooong cycle..

Ooooh.... I almost forgot... Dot stood on her own for the first time today!! Clever little biddy.. :D
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts