The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, those Munsters Hex. Sorry i was very tired last night and being a bit thick.;)

I have wanted chickens for years but worry about adding extra jobs to do at the moment. Perhaps once the house is sorted.

I know i seem to be focussing on the house at the moment but i have so many large house things to do im assuming once its clear i will want to get on with them. That will then focus my mind on money and funding it. I also have loads of stuff i can use to freshen up the paintwork.

Im posting on my diary lots at the moment but its keeping me motivated to carry on. I never thought i could focus so much.

That you all so much for your support.

Edited to say i love your signature Hex. Its so true.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I'm starting to focus more on the house now I'm spending more time in it. It's so typically me though for this to kick in as the income dries up. One of my close to top of list jobs is to see exactly what resources lurk in our cluttered garage.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's great you have your focus going at the moment, long may it continue!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I'm starting to focus more on the house now I'm spending more time in it. It's so typically me though for this to kick in as the income dries up. One of my close to top of list jobs is to see exactly what resources lurk in our cluttered garage.

Your garage sounds like my cellar INOD. I have loads of stuff that I haven't used. I could make a difference without spending a penny. It's the big things I need to get done like windows, electrics, new kitchen, plastering throughout, the list goes on and on.
    Bobarella wrote: »
    It's great you have your focus going at the moment, long may it continue!

I'm trying Bob, really trying.

I have woken up feeling very gloomy this morning....back to work tomorrow. I really struggle with this job as its so booooooooooorrrrrrrriiiinnnnnngggggggggggg. I can cope with lots of things but boredom is very difficult for me. I do everything I can to make it more interested but it's limited.

I'm not going to let it spoil my last day off though........ Oh I forgot stepson and his girlfriend are visiting today. Oh my goodness, she is a bl00dy nightmare. A proper know it all and is always making sarcastic comments. DH wants me to keep the peace but I struggle. I think I will be spending the day in the garden while she is here or I may lose it.

Today I will pull up the carpet in the hall and see what needs to be done to the floorboards before staining.

The two tidied rooms are still ok, but a little fluffing about needed. I'm pleased I'm keeping on top of it. I realised this morning I have achieved what I have with DS and DH about. Oh imagine what I can do on my own.

DS is just waking up so must go. Have a good day. P x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I realised this morning I have achieved what I have with DS and DH about. Oh imagine what I can do on my own.

:rotfl:

I imagine there are women up and down the country nodding in agreement. :D

Hope the day goes better than you'd hoped but you can always come and chat to us lot if you need to. x
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Cherryfudge

I think I was just struggling this morning. I have definate ideas of how I want to live and work which is out of reach at the moment. Patience has never been my strong point. Therefore I have decided on a particular path. It's something which I have been pondering for a while and its going to take time but is achievable.

Timescale four months, then I will relook at my plans.

:T

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Four months is no time at all.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, 4 months soon goes by, unless you are waiting for something and then of course it drags forever.

Not much progress on decluttering, but i have sorted all of the washing and kept the bits I did clear. I have to do the kitchen tomorrow ahead of the oven clean. Its that or they clean the oven blindfolded which isn't going to work
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I agree with you both, four months is no time...........but perhaps not enough for a dreadful procrastinator.

Oh Hex, I've just been cleaning the outside of my oven. I did look inside but.............:eek: I chickened out. Tomorrow ;).

I have been wiping down the kitchen tonight. My house always seems so dreadfully dusty. When you wipe white goods it just seems to get covered in bits of clumped dust. Well what a surprise, I have been cleaning, dusting and vacuuming and guess what. Much, much less dust. White goods easier to clean. House looking whiter rather than looking like it's covered with some strange filter. I know this isn't a shocker to normal people but it surprised me. I just thought I had a very dusty house.

I have been pondering a blog to keep me on track. You know before and after photos, just something to look back upon when the motivation wanes. Perhaps, perhaps not.

My hall is looking better. The walls are painted and the carpet is up. Some work is needed on the floorboards before varnishing but I think it will look nice. But the main difference, no cat piddle smell. :j. I did have a book case in there but it's falling apart and I like the look of a spacious, clutter free environment so it may be relegated to the spare bedroom. I would like a radiator cover but the prices :eek::eek::eek:. Perhaps I may get a dainty console table instead just for a bowl and flowers. Oooohhhhhh get me.:rotfl:

DS'S timing is all over the place. I'm going to force him into the bath now or he will never get to bed.

Night all.

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found before and after photos quite motivational years ago when we did them on a short cleaning challenge thread so I can see how a blog might help. I've thought about it to but never actually get round to it. I'm supposed to be working on a project at the moment but spend a lot of time and effort avoiding writing.

We have massive dust problems, its an old house with too many animals and is in a semi permanent state of building site. I have to hoover every day or the hairballs have more of a life than I do.

Good going on the oven, I am tempted to pre-clean mine but that would just be stupid.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure