Options

Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today's menu:

Breakfast: a mandarin,2 apricots,apple

Lunch: home-made butternut squash soup: butternut ,potato,onion ,and 2 slices toast (HEB+ 3syns),marg (1 syn)

Snack: nectarine

Snack: 2 apricots

Hunter's chicken (just under 2 syns for cheese),served with rice,mange tout,swede,fried onion and peppers.

Tonight,having forgotten that I had had toast at lunch,I had my 2 Hifi bars ( and considered having a third 018.gif),so 6 syns there icon_rolleyes.gif.

Have been having milk in cups of tea.

Ooohhhh-just did the maths-only 12 syns for the day.Woohoo.Felt like alot more as I was typing it out :rotfl:.Mind you,I haven't had 2 pieces of toast/bread in a day since starting back at SW.It was just such a wet,miserable day today,and I had an unexpected afternoon off,so I just fancied spoiling myself with home-made soup and warm toast.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Probably had too many syns today. We had our meal at 4pm, just an apple for lunch. Unfortunately that meant we were hungry later. Shared a bag of chips with DH on the way back from football. They were really good though, fresh from the fryer with loads of salt and vinegar. Yum! Back on plan tomorrow.:)

Glad you were able to stick to your menu today kathryna . That's a good start to your new week. :T
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Squiggly_Diddly Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another week flown past - weigh-in tonight but expecting to maintain or slightly put on.

Well done Mrs Ryan, great achievement 🙂 Know how you feel with the study/good thing. I'm in the last couple of weeks of my PGCE & Tuesday involved a teaching job interview in the morning (first one and you have to teach a lesson as well as a panel interview) and then straight to uni for an assessed end of course interview... So any food planning has gone out the window & I had Pizza Hut pizza for dinner Tuesday. And finished it off last night :eek:

I got the job though!! Woohoo. So pleased & relieved. Means that from September, in my (very) late 40's I will be a newly qualified teacher, something Ive wanted to do for years. Just need to apply the same determination to my food/diet now.

Lantanna, that's so annoying & rude of that employer My oldest has had similar experiences recently, after travelling g an hour for a Friday evening interview & it taking 3 weeks to an answer (after they kept stalling on a decision) to say they were 'reviewing the role'. Nothing like wasting people's time and money :mad:

Anyhow, waffling on now, will update with gain/loss tonight... Have a good day all!
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    After a good day tomorrow, hoping for a good one today too. Going to be a bit more difficult, as I have a work event where breakfast and lunch are provided. I'm going already having had breakfast, will have some healthy snacks in my handbag, and will have a late lunch if it's unsuitable. I can always use my restricted diet and allergies as an excuse to not eat the provided food if it looks bad.

Today's plan:
    My breakfast - SW quiche
    Provided breakfast - none unless there is fruit
    Coffee break - avoiding biscuits
    Provided lunch - expecting really bad, but if there is salad I will have some, just enough to tide me over till I'm back in the office.
    My Lunch - HM pot noodle
    Dinner - Cottage pie with veg mash on the top
    Snacks - cereal bars, strawberries, Aldi quavers

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    syns - Aldi quavers (3), miso (0.5)
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh well done Squiggly! That's one good thing about teaching, at least you find out on the same day as the interview - although once they got us all together in the staff room to tell us together which was a bit like a nightmarish version of the Oscars: "And the job goes to........... the bloke who turned up in jeans!" (OH YES).

Following on from that, sorry to hear about the job Lantanna, but as others have said would you want to work for a company who can't even send a response to interviewees?! I mean how much work can it be to copy and paste a standard email just to put people out of their misery? It's just plain ignorant.

I've had an acknowledgement but no proper response from the job I applied to last week. I think I was lured into a false sense of security by getting to the interview stage of the first two I applied for. There are other interesting things advertised at the mo though, so will keep plugging, and will get myself down to the temping agencies to try to secure something for when I get back from Paris at the beginning of June.

bubbs wrote: »
    they used to say a pint of water weigh a pound and a quarter, so dont drink before you get weighed;)

Haha love that little rhyme! Always do it first thing before imbibing anything and hopefully after a loo trip. Really do need to up my intake long-term though.

Yesterday wasn't massive on syns but my lunch was a mug shot and two alpen lights, so it wasn't great! Today's plan:

Brunch - Bacon, onion, mushroom, tomato and potato fry up
    Tea - Pork steaks with mixed veg from freezer and some Aunt Bessie Carrot and Swede mash
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Alpen lights
    Syns - Sugar (3), mash (1), hot choc (4) = 8

Have a lovely day everyone! I'm off to get my nails and roots done and my fringe trimmed so I'll be like a new woman by sunset!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,425 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great result Squigggly :j :j

Weigh in later.
    We will see.
    On reflection maybe not the best of weeks.
    Sometimes life gets in the way.
    Was out for a good friends birthday in the week & we went for high tea which was very yummy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    I drank far too much prosecco on Saturday night, and ate 3 slices of pizza. I'm gonna try harder this week.

Just having a quick catch up before I go and hang out some washing, and noticed the profanity filter has put !!! in Shiprob's user name - for the life of me I can't see what could possibly be profane about it, anyone else know?

Back soon with a proper post.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WI day for me today. Not been a great week so I'm expecting a gain or a STS really.

Todays plan is:
    B Hifi Bar
    L SW quiche & salad. Fruit & FF Yog
    D Depends on how WI goes. :o
    HexA - Milk in tea
    HExB - Hifi bar and ??

I really don't drink enough water - do others find that it helps with weight loss? I think it was Bubbs that said it had helped.

PS Massive thanks for the quiche recipe up thread (sorry I cant remember who it was). Mine has mushroom, onion, broccoli, green beans and cherry tomatoes. DH was upset that it wasn't for his tea!
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Saver-upper
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Just having a quick catch up before I go and hang out some washing, and noticed the profanity filter has put !!! in Shiprob's user name - for the life of me I can't see what could possibly be profane about it, anyone else know?

Back soon with a proper post.

LL :)

I wondered exactly the same thing,and meant to look it up on Urban Dictionary,but by the time I had finished readign the thread,and posted my own menu for the day,I had forgotten.Feeling nosey now,so will have a look.......

• Saver-upper
    Options
    I wondered exactly the same thing,and meant to look it up on Urban Dictionary,but by the time I had finished reading the thread,and posted my own menu for the day,I had forgotten.Feeling nosey now,so will have a look.......

Yeah,found it :eek::eek:

Despite the fact that poster's name is clearly "ship r o b 195",filters have read it as obi.I had to read through 7 definitions, (the belt of a kimino,stalking on fb,etc) to find the one that MSE thinks of :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family