Travelling On

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,301 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Think we might be in a similar neck of the woods Beanie. Hope it clears soon. We've had no more snow but what we've had has now frozen solid:eek:

I am right in the middle of Scotland pinkypig:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chives do well outside - tougher than Basil (though maybe not new plants in snow!).
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Good luck with your herbs xx
    Thanks! It was so cold overnight, I was actually a bit worried this morning even though they're *inside* the house. They seem fine, though. I have some chives in the garden already, and those huge perennial things (can't remember the name :o) but I want lots - like a path edging, really, so I can eat regularly.
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am right in the middle of Scotland pinkypig:)
    Loooong way north of me - and its cold enough down here - I woke horrendously early, and my phone said it was -5 outside ... its now up to a balmy 0 degrees :cool:

Another Amazon code arrived from SB, so thats £30 in total, £20 of which is still sitting at Amazon. More to come.

I've done two You Gov surveys in the last two days, thats good.

Paypal offered me a free £5, though it looks like I can't use it on ebay. I'll certainly find something.

Since I've been tracking again, from December, thats:
    £57.55 actual money off or money earned
    £90 saved on home and contents insurance compared to renewal quote
    £45 prospective extra income, vouchers or money off utility bills.
    :j

I'm pulling lots of my writing together, and heading out for a quick walk later on with my sister, as long as the ice on the roads melts first.

Stay warm, everyone! My thermals are seeing good use today.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Two YOu Gov surveys in two days :eek:
    I am lucky these days to get two a month!!
    If I ever get to payment I am not doing it again.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    It varies for me a lot, beanie, which is why I mentioned it. I still think they're worthwhile - when you *do* get to a payout, I've worked it out that you're "earning" about £2 an hour, tax free. For people on a good wage, its not worth it (unless they're on their commute or something) but for people like us - yep, I think they're worth it, as long as you don't assume you can finish it in a set time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've had 2 YouGov surveys this week too, totally unheard of:rotfl:. I've had a nice little flurry of activity on PA too, actually being eligible for 2 studies each day this week:eek:. Sadly they were low-payers but at least they were quick to complete and quite interesting to do:j.

I'm only 300 points from payout on YouGov, which is only 6 x 50p surveys. If I can redeem by the end of this year I'll be very surprised though;)

Enjoy your wintry walk, KC. Rather you than me though today:snow_laug
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I certainly hope you will, CBC! My word ...

Yep, my wintry walk was lovely, but once I sat down on my return, I'm shattered :o I think even being outside in this sort of cold takes it out of you ... never mind, hadn't seen my sister in ages, it was good.

And instead of thermals, I wore my winter jeans - they fit! And they're size 12 :j I'll need some connection to my stomach muscles, mind you :o but they fit :j
  • beanielou
    Options
    Wow, well done on the size 12 :j :j
    I am a 14 at the moment & happy with that for now.
    Do have a brand new size 12 though that I cant get into. In fact they are an American size 8.
    Maybe should try harder.

• Karmacat
    Options
    Mmmmm ... they don't fit *well*, beanie, but they didn't hurt to pull up, put it that way :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I need to work on my core, as the Strictly judges would say :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Right ... a good day today, and thinking of tomorrow:
    - I'm setting up my desk and office for writing - but I also want to review another 3 chapters tomorrow. New writing by next week.
    - Must, must, must buy travel insurance tomorrow. I wonder if I can use the £5 paypal money for that? :D Must be done, in any case.
    - weeding is always good!
    - some emails to answer, that won't take long.

I think I'll leave the actual list at that for now. There's always decorating, cleaning, mending, blah blah blah, the exciting stuff, you know :D

New writing by next week.
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Well done on the jeans KC always satisfying! ( Like u say if they don't hurt to pull up always a fairly good start in my book! :rotfl:)

Walk sounds lovely ( and cold brrrrr) well done!

What kind of writing are u doing? That's one of my pipe dreams .... Not sure I'm motivated enough to sit down and do it though!! X
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hiya :wave:
    Well done on the jeans KC always satisfying! ( Like u say if they don't hurt to pull up always a fairly good start in my book! :rotfl:)
    Unfortunately, the slim fit means they trigger my skin allergy - metal of any sort does that - so I'm still snookered on these, I'm afraid.
    Walk sounds lovely ( and cold brrrrr) well done!
    Yep, it was both; open water was iced over, and the ducks were huddled over an ice hole like you see Eskimoes doing, but we threw a few pebbles here and there, and they went through, so not exactly thick ice :)
    What kind of writing are u doing? That's one of my pipe dreams .... Not sure I'm motivated enough to sit down and do it though!! X
    A non-fiction one about salt or water, I have notes for both :o (I had a long time when I couldn't do much, thats my defence and I'm sticking to it :) ) and the one that I *will* now work on, a slow apocalypse fiction book, I have about 15000 words written. If you have any good stories about how cold winter can get, this is the place to share them :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure