What's your Woolies going to be?

Options
I went past the old Woolies shop in Llandudno yesterday and it's being refitted as a Publishers Book Clearance shop. As an avid reader I'm reasonably happy with this although there was a rumour that Primark were going to take it over which would have been better. Apparently Primark are taking over the old Woolies in Chester.

The funny thing is that PBC had a shop in Llandudno which they closed a couple of years ago. The unit has never been re-let and still has all the PBC signage outside so they already had a ready made shop in the town.
The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
Baby we were born to walk

Comments

• mightymole
    mightymole Posts: 589 Forumite
    Options
    in thanet we had 4 woolies

3 still empty and 4th is turning into iceland
  • cymru78
    cymru78 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    That book shop in Llandudno is only going to be a temporary store for the summer.
  • getcarter
    getcarter Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :jH and M ...............................
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My local one is due to be an Iceland :rolleyes:

There's one of those 1.5 miles away anyway.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    No sign of anyone taking ours over, but then there are quite a few empty stores in Camberley now - turning into a bit of a ghost town!

Strange, the Atrium was meant to bring in new people, but I think it has just destroyed the daytime aspect of the town.

Off the top of my head I can think of 6 units that are emply, none of which are exactly small. PLEASE will someone come and rescue our town, must be someone from Home Bargains or the suchlike reading this - we need you! We do NOT need more designer stores like the Esprit that has just opened!

Update: I just went into Camberley yesterday and counted 10 empty units! and that does not count the new ones not yet taken in the Atrium! I think our town is officially dead - but I am looking out for any requests for sites on the shop websites I visit! Maybe they even pay for this information! (I have my doubts!)
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pingu
    pingu Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    Options
    No sign of anyone taking ours over, but then there are quite a few empty stores in Camberley now - turning into a bit of a ghost town!

Strange, the Atrium was meant to bring in new people, but I think it has just destroyed the daytime aspect of the town.

Off the top of my head I can think of 6 units that are emply, none of which are exactly small. PLEASE will someone come and rescue our town, must be someone from Home Bargains or the suchlike reading this - we need you! We do NOT need more designer stores like the Esprit that has just opened!

i am sure you can get in touch with these companies and let them know the locations as they always looking to expand also netto and the likes are always looking for locations.

our woolies(quite big) is still empty and not heard anything:o
    Honesty is the best policy doesn't matter which web site
    you are on!

if i had known then what i know now!

a bargain is only a bargain if you really need it!
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No sign of anyone taking the one over near me in Salford would make a nice bigger Iceland as the one on the shopping center is small and always packed out.
    Jan Wins: .
  • *Dee*
    *Dee* Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    The one near to me is still empty, the one near to my mums is now a 99p store and the one where i work is going to be a H&M
  • whooshnie
    whooshnie Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently the one on Canvey (Essex) is going to be a 99p store too! Says a lot about us here! :rotfl:
  • Phyzelda
    Phyzelda Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options
    Bicester is going to be an Iceland and Banbury is still empty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts