PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• toc25
    toc25 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck happytails, hope all your hard work pays off
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck Happytails, hope she loves it.

We've accepted the offer on our house but they are still trying to find another buyer since theirs changed their mind! We've set a 4 week time limit before we actively market again. They do live in a really popular area with an ideal FTB house (I've had a nose on Rightmove :rotfl:), so fingers crossed it gets an offer again soon.
    Probably a really stupid move but we are where we are and we haven't found anything yet so hopefully it will all work out.
    Must.Think.Positive :D

In other news two more houses have gone up for sale near me, one on my street but only 2 beds has gone up for the same price, nicer garden than us but internal decor and condition pretty similar. Be interesting to see what it eventually sells for. The other is a 3 bed terrace in the estate behind us, on for £5k less, which makes me think we are definitely priced about right.
  • tomryan89
    tomryan89 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    So after 5 second viewings we've only had one offer - on the market now for £380k and the offer is for £366k / we bought the flat for £345k three years ago.

We've asked for the weekend to think about it, a very hard decision because it's so much under our expectations from three months ago.

Is it stupid just to take the hit when you factor in we will have to take stamp duty and pay for our lease extension? We'd still come out either slightly over the equity we put in.
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    tomryan89 wrote: »
    So after 5 second viewings we've only had one offer - on the market now for £380k and the offer is for £366k / we bought the flat for £345k three years ago.

We've asked for the weekend to think about it, a very hard decision because it's so much under our expectations from three months ago.

Is it stupid just to take the hit when you factor in we will have to take stamp duty and pay for our lease extension? We'd still come out either slightly over the equity we put in.

Could you not do a counter offer of say £370k?

We had an offer of £15k under asking so we counter offered with £10k under asking which was agreed. Both parties happy. :)
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • juniordoc
    juniordoc Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    With so many second viewings and so few offers you should think seriously about this tomryan.
    Is that their opening offer? If so you may be able to get 370 but with no other serious interest you cant afford to be too picky. How long have you been on the market?
  • toc25
    Options
    Congrats pumpkim, fingers crossed they find a buyer soon and you can find your new home. Good luck
  • toc25
    Options
    Tomryan have you asked your estate agent to try and see if they can get them to push the offer up slightly to get to a level you are comfortable with.
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tomryan89 wrote: »

Has the EA gone back to try and negotiate a slightly higher offer?

I guess you have to work out what is more important, waiting to see if you get more, or getting moving? It is a tough call.

We started out at a higher price than we are at now / offer we took. We originally went on the market end of last year. We have already had 2 sales fall through. We weighed up the less money over just getting on with our lives. We are ready to move. We are relocating, so a big change for the whole family. I am fed up with feeling our lives are on hold, so we took the offer.
  • tomryan89
    tomryan89 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yes, this is the improved offer after the EA went back and told him we expected something closer to the asking price - im not annoyed however, if he thinks that's what it's worth then who am I to argue!

We are leaning towards accepting it after a day of contemplations​ - do we really want to be in limbo for longer? Can we put up with endless cleaning for viewings? Do we want to constantly be discussing are EA performance?

I just want it over with now!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Tom maybe ask the agent to see if they will up it a bit? That's what we did. Final offer 40 k over the first.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback