Flo's Debt Free Diary

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good news to report, made 21.60 through self employed writing and a bit of voice over work (nothing at all exciting about that, just doing the voice of a character in one of the animations that the company i work for is making) and sold 7.66 worth of books through we buy books.

Finally reading 'The Life Changing Magic of Tidying' by Marie Kondo which I bought as a birthday present for myself in March, and i love it. that's why i sold the books, because i am decluttering by 'category' and started with books first. I have a pile of books that weren't wanted by ebayers or webuybooks going to the chazza tomorrow.

will straighten out the house, have a cup of tea, and continue reading.

Enjoy your evening guys :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • reality_check
    Options
    I am Marie Kondo's biggest fan! I always thought I was very minimal and clutter free until I had to start getting everything from every category together and then you see how much of each category you have. I have completely finished last year and it works, it's true that you will only need to ever do this once if you do it right xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Florence_J
    Options
    I finished the book today and plan on re-reading it immediately. I tackled my clothes today and have a big pile for ebay/chazza/bin. I have thrown away ALL my tights as they were just awful, none fitted properly and I put off wearing clothes that needed tights as I hated mine so much. Re-arranged the bedroom slightly and it looks lovely.

Have 40.99 confirmed in new ebay bids, will upload more tomorrow.

Spoke to my electrician friend about why my record player isn't working and he suggested it was because the fuse has blown so will buy a new one tomorrow and give it a try.

Tomorrow is football day!! Watching and playing. I'm going to go to a girls football team session tomorrow.

Today i met Brett and Mat from Suede at a cinema event in Cardiff, absolutely free (i got the ticket for free because I am a volunteer at the venue they held it at) priceless.

Jobs for tomorrow

Jog
    Play Football
    Take Books to Charity Shop
    Sort out another 'category' in house (according to Marie Kondo's book)
    Watch Football
    Buy Fuse
    Fix record player
    Hoover
    Go to girls football club
    Withdraw money from ladbrokes so i'm not tempted to bet again :)
  • Florence_J
    Options
    JOY OF JOYS

I have found the exercise for me! :j

First day at the (beginners) girls football club, and it was amazing, this is on top of my jog this morning.

I had so much fun, the other girls were great, one of my closest friends goes, there is a great coach, and I was alright at it. :T

I felt so confident and really enjoyed it.

Paid for next week there and then so i have to go :rotfl:

In other news, received a free big bag of crisps through a product testing survey I did, I was so happy when I opened that surprise parcel this morning, brilliant news that was.

(Have tried them and they are very nice)

England beat Wales, which as an English person living in Wales I have mixed feelings about (boyfriend is very happy though)

Took loads of pictures of the clothes I am going to list on ebay, took loads and loads of stuff to the charity shop, boyfriend bought a new throw for the armchair, and is buying curtains for the living room, bathroom cabinets and A DYSON!!!!

Our hoover has packed up and there are floors in desperate need of a hoover in our house.

Very, very excited.

The house is looking better everyday.

I have a beautiful wardrobe now with all my clothes neatly arranged. I feel good.

:T :j :rotfl: :beer:
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Oh, and have another 20.98 confirmed in ebay bids, woo hoo.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    So tired, have just done an epic clean of the living room, two bags of recycling and two bags of rubbish later I feel clean, collecting dyson today to give our floors a long overdue hoover. woo.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    I AM NOW THE PROUD STEP OWNER OF A DYSON!

(My boyfriend bought it so it is his really)

About to do it's inaugural hoover, so excited.

This is how sad and boring I've become, that I'm excited about doing hoovering on a Friday night. :rotfl:
  • Florence_J
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelloggs sent me 3 quid in vouchers, all because I sent them a thank you card.

My goal is to do this for nearly every company I buy things from and get vouchers and get a months food shopping near free! (deducting cost of stamps and cards)

I have filed them away in my 'extreme couponing folder' as this is the start of my coupon empire!!!!

Aside from that I watched a studio Ghibli film at my local arts centre, did some fathers day shopping with boyfriend (my dad's present was sorted ages ago, it was for my father in law we were looking for), then came home and fell asleep on the sofa. We then went to buy paint and paintbrushes for the living room.

Have sold my old phone for 25 pounds, given the dyson a chance to run around the floors, done the washing up, checked ebay, watched football and am now going to clear out a few more things.

I feel very content and happy. Looking forward to spending the day at my inlaws tomorrow for Fathers Day, will call my dad in the morning. Need to call my mum as well.
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just read your diary. You are so motivated and inspiring! You don't let the setbacks set you back for long, well done. Keep going!
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • Florence_J
    Options
    helsbell wrote: »
    Just read your diary. You are so motivated and inspiring! You don't let the setbacks set you back for long, well done. Keep going!

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills