Flo's Debt Free Diary

Options

Comments

• tunnelandlight
    Options
    So glad that everything is so positive for you right now. Your diary radiates positive vibes. So pleased for you and impressed: Go you!
    Xx
    GOAL - debt free (except mortgage) by October 2017.
    April 2016: £11,422.95/ £9118.07 October 2016
    Emergency fund: £1428.01 October
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So glad that everything is so positive for you right now. Your diary radiates positive vibes. So pleased for you and impressed: Go you!
    Xx

Thank you :j
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Florence_J
    Options
    I feel bad for bringing down the party, especially after such nice words from people, but the truth is my anxiety has returned.

I briefly had a reprieve from my anxiety but it has come back.

I'm finding it difficult to fall asleep as too many bad thoughts race round my head. This last week has been a nightmare with deaths worldwide everywhere, I despair about the world I live in.

Been anxious all day, incapable of doing anything, so scared, so frightened, so stressed.

I hope tomorrow is better.

What's partially set me off is I sold a keyboard on ebay as collection only. It has been sold and the buyer has paid. I have sent the buyer two messages about collecting and no reply. Their address is in essex, i am in cardiff, somehow I think the collection only has been missed and i want the buyer to respond to my messages so i can know if they are collecting or if i should relist.

I hate being in limbo, I want to know one way or another what to do concerning the keyboard.

Grrr.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry you feel bad Florence.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Sorry you feel bad Florence.

Thank you, I feel so bad being Miss Mopey, am determined to be better.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Ok guys, here goes.

I am determined to fight this anxiety. I am Flo the anxiety slayer. :rotfl:

Look how far I've come, my credit rating increased to the point I was offered a balance transfer, I have paid off about 30% of my debt, I had nearly gone half a year without using my credit cards, but this month proved a little too tough, still I have only used it three times and have only spent about 50 quid.

I am going to be a bridesmaid to the best friend in the world. I have gutted the house of useless rubbish, I worked a demanding job, I have helped people, on here, through work, and in my social groups.

More importantly I am self sufficient. I have made enough to cover my debt payments next month. I have proven to myself I can survive not working a full time job.

I have become a charity shop goddess, I have become an ebay queen, I subscribe to the Marie Kondo way of living.

I have wombled over 200 pounds of freebies, including nearly 100 points in tesco receipts.

I have received vouchers and coupons from apps and companies.

I successfully got my phone upgrade payment refunded.

So far this year I have kept my debt to my boyfriend at the same level, if i added to it I paid that back instantly. My boyfriend when he runs a race has a motto that he only overtakes, he is never overtaken, that's how I feel about my debt, I will overtake it, it won't overtake me.

I have read nearly every financial management book in the library. I have spent less this entire year in clothes than I used to spend in one go last year.

I have achieved so much. We all have. We are the best. Every day I look on here for inspiration and you never fail to disappoint me :T :T :T :T

If i can bash my debt, I can bash my anxiety into oblivion :rotfl:

I couldn't have come this far without all of you guys, everyone who reads this, everyone who subscribes, everyone who comments on here, you've all helped.

Everyone who starts a diary, everyone who seeks advice on this forum, everyone who does a challenge, everyone who seeks to destroy their debt and get themselves back into the black, well done all of you. :T :T :beer: :j :money:

I couldn't have come to this realisation without you, sorry whenever I get a bit sad, here's to a brighter future.
  • reality_check
    Options
    Aww that's a lovely positive post! Keep going xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You see, there you go again, bouncing right back :T

I've been struggling a bit since Thursday too, but I can feel things turning round again. There has been so much positivity, so much love and care, so much remembering the good and the selfless that I can't help but find hope in it all.

I'm a terrible sleeper,but I have been finding some meditation apps helpful,especially those nights when my brain won't switch off. Maybe that might help?
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • Money_spending_mummy
    Options
    Fabulous positive post Florence. Keep at it. Xx
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Aww that's a lovely positive post! Keep going xxx
    helsbell wrote: »
    You see, there you go again, bouncing right back :T

I've been struggling a bit since Thursday too, but I can feel things turning round again. There has been so much positivity, so much love and care, so much remembering the good and the selfless that I can't help but find hope in it all.

I'm a terrible sleeper,but I have been finding some meditation apps helpful,especially those nights when my brain won't switch off. Maybe that might help?

Thanks guys, hope you soon are bright again helsbell, will give meditation a try, at the advice of another comment on here I have borrowed my friends book on mindfulness, i'm willing to give anything a try, i do find deep breathing helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family