Giordano wine

Options

Comments

• capondoug
    Options
    I ordered and then changed my mind. I have used their contact tool 3 times since 15th Feb t cancel and chase up a response but have not had a single acknowledgement. Contacted again tonight to chase up my refund - they were very quick at taking payment!
    Not impressed
  • skid112
    skid112 Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    capondoug wrote: »
    I ordered and then changed my mind. I have used their contact tool 3 times since 15th Feb t cancel and chase up a response but have not had a single acknowledgement. Contacted again tonight to chase up my refund - they were very quick at taking payment!
    Not impressed

I too ordered Feb 2nd three attempts at contacting and nothing
    Save 12k in 2020 #19 £12,429.06/£14,000
  • poorRob
    poorRob Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 6 March 2016 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Mine arrived a few days ago, after just over 2 weeks.
    The two reds I've tried so far have been very tasty and certainly worth the money.
    Does anyone know if the crockery is dishwasher and microwave safe?

Edit: scrub that question, I've just read on their latest offer that they are safe.
  • merrydance
    merrydance Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    These wines are really nice. Ours were all corked bottles, which I am useless at removing so a couple got "corked" which was a bit of a waste.
  • Michelle101
    Options
    Ordered on 10th February but still not received. Spoke with someone 2 weeks ago via the quick chat link and was told there was high demand but would be shipped that week. The quick chat link is now gone and still no delivery. Have submitted another query today. Not impressed!
  • lord_donothing
    Options
    exactly the same, ordered 10th February, spoke via quick chat, told order was now being sorted, 2 weeks later still not received. status showing as stage 3 for over a week now, supposed to have been shipped. just received auto acknowledgement of todays query, but no answer yet. poor customer service. Hope I don't have cause to try and get refund!
  • lord_donothing
    Options
    order arrived this afternoon. well packaged, all fine.
  • ts1
    ts1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Mine arrived this week, probably 2 weeks from ordering, about what I expected. Our local YODEL guy's are brilliant and always leave items where told via special instructions.

The wine seems very good for the money, the crockery is decent stuff and the food items are good quality. Overall, very pleased.

Does anyone know if customers can repeat the order or is it a One per Household deal? I'm keen to buy a couple more for family members.
  • lincolndiveguy
    Options
    Got this deal, arrived in 12 days. Not drunk all of the wines yet but they are quite reasonable and well worth £5 a bottle. Pasta dishes and plates are a good size and appear to be in a material similar to "arcorok", The olive oil is a good quality, have not used any of the other freebies. Worth ordering as we have wine regularly and it was too good an opportunity to miss the deal.
  • Jax_72
    Options
    The short story: The customer service at Giordano Wines is appalling. I ordered something that never arrived and it took me over two months and many expensive phone calls to obtain a refund.

The long story: I ordered the offer of 12 wines, dinner service, Italian good etc and was looking forward to it arriving. Three weeks in, nothing. So I rang to find out where it was - they said it had already been delivered and sent the delivery note as proof.

When I checked the note, I saw that they had put the wrong address! This was the company's fault as they also sent the confirmation of order with the right address. When I pointed this out, they said that they needed me to send a copy of my signature to Italy to verify the one that was signed for. I ended up faxing this to them but that was only the start of the drama.

They kept telling me the money would be refunded - it wasn't. They said they would ring me - they didn't. I must have spoken to seven different customer service operators with varying degrees of rudeness. It is also incredibly difficult to get in contact with them - the live chat doesn't work. They don't provide an email address. There is a form on the website but this works intermittently. So, the only option is to call the 0844 number to speak to them.

When I checked my bill, I had spent around £10 on phone calls. This may not seem much but it's adding insult to injury with the frustration of having to repeatedly call them to get my own money back!

Giordano said that they would not refund me this money but instead would provide two bottles of free wine with my next order of ten wines. The company is deluded - I would never order from it ever again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure