Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A rinse and repeat of yesterday.

Train delayed again so I took an alternative route home. This train rubbish is so, so tiring. The positive was we got out early otherwise I don’t think I’d be home yet as I stopped off for Ald1.

The plums are 39p and excellent. I’m having kiwi, plums, walnuts, seeds and yoghurt for breakfast before I go to work. This is instead of eggs. I’ve realised if I have eggs for breakfast I can’t have them in the evening and they are a quick and cheap option. I LOVE their organic eggs and at £1.39 for 6 big eggs they are brilliant value :)

I don’t work for the egg marketing board or Ald1, honest.:rotfl:

Anyway, I had another salad tonight. Loving my beetroot homous so making it again tomorrow ;)

I have tomorrow as a non working day. Hurrah! I should do creative work, in fact I will for a few hours. I’d also like a swim. I won’t spend any money tomorrow but I plan to use my Ner0 free coffee. So looking forward to being off. :D

A few months ago I bought a bottle of brandy. This evening I had some. Not only does it look beautiful in my decanter but it’s a treat waiting, like today when I had some with tonic water and some crisps :)

Off to make a cup of tea and read other people’s diaries for inspiration

I hope your day went well

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I had 10 hours sleep last night! :D

Up, and washing machine on and a pot of tea on the go.

I need glasses, I really do. I have been lucky in having good eyes so I’ve got away with it for a long time. They are expensive, but they are my eyes...

I get a little bit of money from work so that will help with the cost. I’ll get an eye test and prescription at the end of the month. I’ll also identify some long distance glasses. Kind of looking forward to a different look actually. :)

Decluttered bag and a shoe rack to the CS
    Decluttered some cut glass bottles to car boot box
    Dumped an ugly plant

Getting the fridge prepped with deliciousness but not actual meals
    black lentils
    sliced mushrooms
    beetroot humus
    thin sliced red onions (and extras frozen for future use)
    sun dried tomatoes and black olives
    toasted pine nuts
    a few hard boiled eggs
    kidney beans
    chicken stock
    Meal
    aubergine and courgette curry

Household jobs
    wipe inside of shelf
    washing up X1 X1 X1 X1
    washing load and on line to dry X1

Had to throw chocolate buttons. They are too moreish and I got frightened.:eek: I had 2 4 1 pouches of them, not a good idea. I ate a whole Ald1 honeydew instead and the sweet craving disappeared. ;)

Keeping up my 50p and £2 coin jar. I like this idea. Brizzled has a £2 jar but I changed it to include 50ps as I thought I couldn’t afford £2 coins. Strangely, I have both in there. There’s hardly anything in there, because I raided it recently, but even the tiny sum in there makes me feel I am getting somewhere…:)

It’s a wonderful feeling to take my foot off the gear for a day and gently turn the car in another direction.

I’ve burnt out now so off to watch a DVD

A NSD (Number 7 in July) as I didn’t swim :)

As MT always says, happy hump day
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Note to self. Read carefully. I was stunned that you could Declutter a shoe rack from a bag!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been looking at a couple of old tired plants that I've had for years and years. Not feelin the love anymore. I think it's time to dump them.

Ohhh another Jason Bourne movie coming out at the end of July.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to wish everyone a happy hump day, so thank you for sharing the love! x

Next time you throw chocolate buttons, could you throw them this way please!!! You're right - so very moreish!!!!

Well done on keeping the focus. All sounding lovely. MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks MT with all the activity over on your diary I don't mind doing admin and issuing salutations on your behalf :rotfl:

My 8th NSD in July. I’m tempted to go out to drop off the decluttering at the CS but if I do I know I’ll spend something as there isn’t anything ‘treaty’ in the house.

No exercise. I could go out and walk to drop off at the CS but as I say, I’ll be tempted…

washing loads and on line
    X1 X1 X1

washing up, drying, packing away
    X1 X1
    Decluttering
    7 hardback books decluttered to CS (I could hardly carry them, they are so heavy)
    1 large candle in glass jar
    1 pair shoes thrown away
    1 dinner plate decluttered by breaking it accidentally!

papers packed for shredding at work

cleaned and disinfected dustbin (yuk job)

Starting to wonder if I should WFH more. I could request another day?

So glad I have food prepped for tonight as hungry after soup for lunch.

I'm changing the format of this diary as from tomorrow as I don't think I'm pushing myself enough. :o

Have a nice evening folks :)
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I WFH today so feeling good. I wanted to pop to the shops today but I have 9 days to pay day and I usually spend something on Saturday so I’m staying home. Funny how easily I can have a NSD now. They used to kill me. I seem to have broken my addiction to newspapers too. I’m happy to read them online now. :)

Anyway, I’m doing categories now so I don’t just coast with this diary. I feel the need to push myself out of my comfort zone. If I can begin to Ebay it will be a huge shift for me so I really want to try, but I am scared :o

If anyone has a recommendation as to where I can read an eBay blog or get some basic advice about the pitfalls/ways to set up

MSE ACTION
    A shout-out for eBay advice

CLEANING
    hallway surfaces and glass sprayed and cleaned
    washing up X1 X1

DECLUTTERING
    1 hardback book
    1 small coat rack
    1 doorstop
    1 belt

SPENDING AND SAVING
    NSD number 9
    No saving

ACTIVE LIFESTYLE
    30 minutes spent weeding and sweeping front garden

HOME IMPROVEMENTS
    small coat rack taken down in hallway
    hallway shelf removed and stored for use in small bedroom when decorated
    removed screw in hallway

I have to say my hallway looks completely improved and all I’ve done is remove the clutter and clean. Just goes to show…It seems so light and open. Wow. Now to keep it that way…

I’ve got some paint languishing somewhere to touch up the hallway, but does anyone know whether you remove wall plugs?

HEALTH
    Started drinking lactose free milk but still doubtful about cow's dairy. Dumped remainder of milk and cow’s yogurt too. Going back to small quantities of sheep’s milk and will still eat chocolate but not milk chocolate

CREATIVE LIFESTYLE
    I made a decision to take 4 days off the week after next when I will spend 7 hours of each day concentrating on my creative project. Added to calendar

LOOKING GOOD
    Did a mini pedicure, no toenail painting but feet still look much improved

I've had a good day. I hope you have too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you have had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You'll be fine with EBay..really straightforward to list. Even from your phone. You will need a PayPal account tho. Just take plenty of reasonable photos and be overly honest with your description. We do auctions, rather than buy it now prices (BITN) - but its horses for courses I suspect. Just don't let the starting price be anything less than what you'd be happy for it to go for (as it may only get one bid).

I think weekends are a good time to finish and usually we go for a 10 day auction/bid period to give people a chance to find it.

Have fun listing :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    You'll be fine with EBay..really straightforward to list. Even from your phone. You will need a PayPal account tho. Just take plenty of reasonable photos and be overly honest with your description. We do auctions, rather than buy it now prices (BITN) - but its horses for courses I suspect. Just don't let the starting price be anything less than what you'd be happy for it to go for (as it may only get one bid).

I think weekends are a good time to finish and usually we go for a 10 day auction/bid period to give people a chance to find it.

Have fun listing :)
    Thanks Brizzled :A

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills