can anyone help please 're royal mail zebra gk430d printer

Options
But the bullet and bough the zebra gk420d printer for my royal mail labels etc.

It is prob something really simple but the labels (royal mail and my hermes ones) are coming up tiny on the labels. So how do i adjudt the size so the actual label info fits the label??

And also is there away around it that every address logged into the click and stop doesn't go to document a first?? Do I can print straight .iyswim.
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, I've been away and didn't see this, I know I recommended you buying one so feel a little guilty that you cannot get it to work.

I run mine from an Apple Mac which isn't the same as Windows, but assuming you have set up your Windows preferences for the size you want then you need to calibrate the printer.

Install the labels and hold down the button on the right (which is a squiggle with two dots) keep it held down until the lights flash 7 times. They will flash once, then two times, then three times, then four etc. Don't release your finger until 7 flashes.

The printer will then run a series of tests throwing out about half a dozen labels.

Once that's done it should be fine. If it isn't, then it's your Windows settings.

Let me know how you get on.

I can't help with Click & Drop as I don't use it.
  • theonlywayisup
    edited 15 April 2017 at 1:50PM
    Options
    I've just realised your model is 430d (mine is 420d) but I assume it's the same manner to calibrate.

Edit - I've just seen you've got two model numbers. I had a quick google and cannot find a 430d so assume it was a typo in the title.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm thinking of going for a Zebra as well as I'm spending a fair bit on paper and ink for a normal printer. I was thinking of going 2 nd hand due to not having much business money at the moment, so might have to have a few ideas of model numbers in hand depending on what I can find.

Any advice or recommendations please, also do the RM supplied labels work with all models or is that something I need to check before I buy.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going for a Zebra as well as I'm spending a fair bit on paper and ink for a normal printer. I was thinking of going 2 nd hand due to not having much business money at the moment, so might have to have a few ideas of model numbers in hand depending on what I can find.

Any advice or recommendations please, also do the RM supplied labels work with all models or is that something I need to check before I buy.

Buy the GK420d - it will fit the RM free labels, that's what we use.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Soolin I am so glad I bought it. I bought it via royal mail, as the second-hand ones I seen advertised wernt that much cheaper at the time..

Royal mail sent me loads of labels. And you can also configure it to MyHernes too😊

Now that I got it. I wouldn't be without it. Plus long term it will pay for itself. With the free labels. So thanks to the peeps who give me info on it
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Yes, to add, we use them for UPS, Hermes and RM labels, but the labels are all from RM, so completely MSE!!
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    We have a few and all were bought from new, but the oldest is probably 14 years old (zillions of labels printed!).
  • soolin
    Options
    I'll call RM business line tomorrow and ask them about it, I see from other forums that they often have a special deal on that model. Fingers crossed. ,
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Soolin I think I paid about £180 via royal mail.

It took me a while to configure it etc. But that's only because I am not good with stuff like that. But looking back it was really simple really. Went into YouTube to help me sort it .lol..
  • soolin
    Options
    Soolin I think I paid about £180 via royal mail.

It took me a while to configure it etc. But that's only because I am not good with stuff like that. But looking back it was really simple really. Went into YouTube to help me sort it .lol..

I have been offered the same deal with them, paperwork is coming out later today and if I want to go ahead I can confirm and my printer will be sent . I am a bit worried about it being techie, but I'll probably you tube it like you!

It took me a while though to get hold of someone to help. I phoned the business number and can only assume that a cleaner or member of the public answered the phone as a dare. The chap spoke so badly, mumbly and slow that I could barely make him out, at one point I thought he had got so bored he had nodded of. He was curt and rude, told me RM dealt with post not hardware and why on earth did I phone them, then he nodded off for a while , yawned and transferred me as I was arguing with him and he kept saying if I didn't want to tape my paper labels to a parcel I should just buy stamps instead! Unfortunately he transferred me to the shop, despite me trying to convince him not to, the shop thought it was funny and transferred me back again and luckily I got some who was absolutely brilliant and has arranged it all for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure