Prepaid Travel Cards guide

Options

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    User2020 wrote: »
    Warning for the post office travel money card .
    Did your son travel with no other source of funds? That's an even worse mistake than choosing a card such as the one from PO. Assuming smartphone use, in future choose a modern solution from the MSE advice.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-travel-cards
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Timwilson08
    Options
    Has anyone came across EasyFX card? Seems like a great card but I don't see any reviews on the web for it which makes me suspicious? Any info would be great. Thanks
  • maabma
    maabma Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 March 2017 at 1:45PM
    Options
    I have a small balance left in my WeSwap card after holiday, wish to use up balance, tried a couple of local shops but was not accepted.
    Would anyone who has successfully use the card at home(UK), please let me know which UK shops accept them as payment?
    Thanks.
  • eDicky
    Options
    maabma wrote: »
    I have a small balance left in my WeSwap card after holiday, wish to use up balance, tried a couple of local shops but was not accepted.
    Would anyone who has successfully use the card at home(UK), please let me know which UK shops accept them as payment?
    Is your money on the card in pounds? What happens when you try to pay with it? (I don't use WeSwap.)
  • Ingers64
    Options
    Hi, a group of 6 mates are going to Portugal and want to add £250 each to a pre loaded card to save taking cash. We will be using it to buy meals, food, fuel etc. Any suggestions on the best one available please.

Mark
  • eDicky
    Options
    Ingers64 wrote: »
    Hi, a group of 6 mates are going to Portugal and want to add £250 each to a pre loaded card to save taking cash. We will be using it to buy meals, food, fuel etc. Any suggestions on the best one available please.
    It would not be wise to have six people put their money on a single card, even if it were possible, if that's what you mean. Each should take their own. If one is lost or fails somehow, it's not a total disaster. Look at Revolut or Monzo, funds can be sent between users instantly and Revolut has a bill sharing function.
  • maabma
    maabma Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 16 March 2017 at 11:25PM
    Options
    Reply to eDicky.
    Is your money on the card in pounds? What happens when you try to pay with it? (I don't use WeSwap.)

Yes, money is in pounds
    Card not accepted in the shops I tried.
  • Jean1953
    Options
    Hi, Has anyone else experienced problems with the Revolut app due to being unable to download the latest app version? Be warned, I have an Iphone 4 and without any notice the app was updated but isn't now supported by my phone. I can now do nothing except check my balance. I can't use any other features such as change of address, increasing top-up limits, currency exchanges or contact the support team. There are no phone numbers to ring but I managed to contact someone via facebook but they could only deal with very basic matters such as blocking cards. Otherwise I loved the app.
  • eDicky
    Options
    maabma wrote: »
    Card not accepted in the shops I tried.
    I was actually wondering whether it failed in the payment terminal or the shop assistant did not accept it when you asked. It should work anywhere that MasterCard is accepted, including UK. Also you could perhaps use it to load a different prepaid card such as Revolut or Loot, it would cost nothing to try.
  • BananaRiley
    Options
    Hi all, my 14 yr old daughter is going to the USA in April and I was wondering which is the best card to get her to use which I can preload with spending money. Thanks in advance :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback