Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• michellej1980
    Options
    I'm considering switching from EDF to Octopus. I read that they do a referral scheme. Not sure how it works but would anyone like to refer me to get a £15 Amazon voucher each? :beer:
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's not Amazon voucher, it's just £15.
    Refer a friend

Share your referral link with friends and family, and for every friend who switches with it we’ll give you both £15, paid directly into your bank accounts.

That being said, UKPower seems to suggests is a voucher but the Octopus site says it's £15 into your bank account so I would trust the main Octopus site.
  • foobarbaz21
    Options
    Just got my renewal email from Octopus Energy today and I have decided to renew my fixed tariff with them for another 12 months. The tariff is about £50 cheaper than last year, but it wasn't the cheapest around. So Energy and Bristol Energy were approximately £30 cheaper for the year; however, I like Octopus Energy's philosophy and I want them to be around longer, so I don't mind that they weren't the cheapest.
  • michellej1980
    michellej1980 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 January 2018 at 1:41AM
    Options
    Thanks Neil for the referral link. I signed up a few days ago so hopefully we should both get our £15 shortly.

If anyone comes across this thread and would like to use my referral link to get £15 for joining, here it is:

LINK REMOVED AS I HAVE NOW LEFT OCTOPUS. I had no complaints with them but I was convinced by a friend to join another small provider as they were offering significant cash back. I definitely won't be going back to any of the big six any time soon.
  • solorize
    solorize Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So far I have been extremely impressed with Octopus.

Their customer service is excellent and a breath of fresh air
    to deal with. (Other companies should take note, this is
    the way customer service should be; bright and cheerful,
    courteous and most of all really helpful).

The whole switching process, (I switched from EDF due to
    their massive price hike!), has been painless and I have been
    informed every step of the way, with clear to read emails.

The website and app show all information in a clean well presented,
    and easy to read format.

I have already recommended Octopus to other family members,
    with my parents already starting the switching process.

Keep up the good work. :T
  • michellej1980
    Options
    My switch to Octopus is now complete! It was straightforward and hassle-free and like solorize says, I was kept updated at every step with simple emails. So far so good!
  • fox_warrior
    fox_warrior Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I've no problems with Octopus or my previous supplier EDF but they still haven't agreed my gas reading. This is often the case whoever you switch from and to. The only thing I'll keep a very close eye on is that both my final readings for gas and electricity from EDF are the same as my start readings for Octopus. One other thing to check, if you can be bothered is that the number of standing charge days are correct and don't overlap.
    Thanks for reading. Live long & prosper
  • eleana
    Options
    @michellej1980, I used your referral code yesterday when signed up Octopus :)
  • gloops48
    Options
    I switched to Octopus in early 2017 when MSE wasn’t able to arrange a Big Collective Switch. I found Octopus generally prompt, efficient and informative. They emailed a reminder punctually every month for my meter readings. I didn’t have any problems with them but decided to switch (penalty-free) to another provider in May after MSE managed to organise a Collective deal, which was somewhat cheaper than Octopus.

With hindsight, I wish I’d stayed put, despite the modest saving. The new provider seemed rather disorganised, I had problems with its website, and they took so long to pass on my switch-date readings that Octopus had to (over-)estimate to prepare my closing bill, leading to my being charged by both providers for the same several units of Gas. However, once this came to light, Octopus refunded the overcharge promptly, efficiently and courteously: impressive. I would have no hesitation in returning to Octopus, if the price was right.
  • fox_warrior
    Options
    I started my switch back in April and still haven't got an agreed gas reading with EDF. Don't know who's holding it up but I suspect it's EDF which is dissapointing as I've been very pleased with them. I'm happy with Octopus and so long as their prices remain competative I'll stick with them. I like entering my monthly meter readings via the email reminder, it saves having to log in and do it that way. The readings end up in my account just the same.
    Thanks for reading. Live long & prosper
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure