Husky heat pumps - has any one else had issues

Options

Comments

• Gwynfryn_2
    Options
    I’ve been searching for the costs of maintenance and servicing since Husky have increased their costs substantialy. We had a contract, just under £200 pa but they have now raised it to a single contract costing more than £600 pa. Maybe this is because of the difficulties mentioned. Sadly/or not we’ve had our system for 5 years now and only ever had one problem which was sorted out quickly! The increase seems a lot. Has anyone any information about ASHP servicing costs from other companies?
  • mid_1
    Options
    I have had two 16 heat pumps in my pub for the last 4 years, these were fitted by a man who had a franchise in north wales for fit husky pumps. from the start I had problems with it, costing far more that planned to run, being refused the RHI payments even thou Husky promised I would get it. Husky charging me for parts on the pumps I don't need. the heating never getting warm enough so I have to supplement the heating with electric radiators. I have complained to husky numerous times, and have enough emails printed out to wall paper a room. but they just dismiss me. today has to be the end. I have been paying £54 a month for a service contract for the pumps, today I rang them asked when they would be coming to service them, to be told this was for only one pump and not both. when I asked which one the girl could not tell me. I have read and reread the contract I signed and nowhere does it state it is for one pump only. both pumps work together and heat the water and heating together. not sure how they can separate them. they installed them at the same time . I have written to the chief executive , and I am waiting for a reply. but knowing the last replies I received from Mike Kellett I don't hold out much hope.
    I now want the whole system taken out and refunded. so I can get a system that works properly. The whole system has cost me over £18000 with out the service contract and I feel it is a total waste of money.
  • Preseli_Girl
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about someone else having issues with this company.

Husky would have been a member of RECC when they installed your system, so you should contact them. Having said that, as Husky jumped ship from RECC to HIES towards the end of 2016, you would be best getting in touch with HIES. You will get more sense out of HIES. RECC did not want to know when I talked to them and even advised me to undertake actions on the pump which would have voided my insurance.

Just for your info, Mike Kellett is no longer CEO of Husky- he resigned early last year and Simon Christian took over as director from 22 May 2017.

Since I had a horrendous 15 month battle with this company, be prepared to stick with it and don't give up because that is what they want. They will try to drag it out with loads of excuses. Pull out all your documents and get them in order. Keep emotions out of it and always stick to your facts. Gather all the evidence you can, such as bills before and after the pump. Good luck. If I think of anything else I will add it. But phone HIES tomorrow. They are brilliant.
  • Pee'd_off
    Options
    I have been informed by HIES this morning that Husky heatpumps has ceased trading.
    Good and bad news.

Contact HIES 08005053412 ask them who your insurer is and contact them . hopefully all will be OK for you all. Also register a complaint with MCS form on their website. You'll need your MCS cert number.
    Best of luck
  • miss_pb
    Options
    Does anyone know a plumber who has worked with Husky heat pumps? Now they have ceased trading it would be great to know if anyone has used a plumber who knows the system. I have phoned my local plumbers and they have never heard of Husky and said they couldn't help.

Many thanks
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 February 2018 at 3:34PM
    Options
    I'd doubt that any average plumber would have much knowledge abou heatpumps from any manufacturer.

I suggest you try the MCS to see who is a registered installer in your area or try these http://www.heatpumps.org.uk/
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • miss_pb
    Options
    Thank you. I contacted the local plumbers which were on the MCS website and they couldn!!!8217;t help... so frustrating. But thanks for your advice !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • I work for a renewable company and we repair and service all kinds of ASHP for a housing contract. Husky won a contract to fit indoor and outdoor ASHP. We then look after them a year after they are installed. They are always breaking down. The parts are cheap Chinese fakes only available from husky. We have taken loads of husky units out and changed them with Mitsubishi Ecodan. Husky’s are cheaply made and often the plate heat exchanger leaks fefrigerant to air or into the water side of the unit.
  • mervogaz
    Options
    This is the contact details of a company that repaired our husky pump at a very reasonable cost compared to Husky prices and did a fabulous job we were given their details by the company that fitted our pump and would not hesitate to recommend them, very professional and efficient and know what they are doing this is their email address if anyone would like to contact them info@theheatpumpdoctor.co.uk they also have a Facebook page theheatpumpdoctor.co.uk that they can be contacted via hope this helps
  • dewielfed
    Options
    I have had a Husky heat pump since December 2013 without any problems at all, and no component failures. However in the last week or so my system has failed to heat the house to more than 19 degrees C and the main display on the buffer tank shows that the tank is only being heated to about 38 deg C thus making it impossible for water which is sufficiently hot to be circulated through my radiators in the house.
    I suspect that this is weather related and today I tried to contact Husky for advice. Their phone number is unavailable and their online chat is permanently offline.
    I made enquiries and found that Husky has apparently ceased trading since the beginning of February. Is that the members' understanding of the situation and does anyone know of any Husky franchises which are still operating?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback