severn trent heavy handed tactics

Options
Hi,
We received a bill for approx £40 from Severn Trent dated 01/10/14, we've had a lot going on with a death and threatened redundancy so unfortunately this was forgotten.., so today, the 20/10/14 we receive a letter threatening court action if it's not paid in 14 days. This has made me really angry, I fully intend to pay it but, is there a way that I can make them pay for their heavy handed tactics without actually getting into trouble?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

This type of letter is computer generated after xx days; it probably hasn't even been read by a 'human'.

It really isn't worth getting angry about.

One of the advantages of Direct Debits is you avoid these type of situations.
  • sickparrot
    Options
    Write a scathing letter to the head office, it get's it off your chest if nothing else.

I did the same years ago when I disputed a car insurance charge and Halifax passed it onto a debt collecting agency before I had chance to pay it. I really let rip, it didn't achieve much but made me feel a whole lot better.
    Out on blue six..
    It's Chips and Jackets, Peas and Trousers.
  • gothicfairythe3rd
    Options
    As has been said, it is just a standard letter that is sent out whenever an account goes so many days behind.
    You can always give them a call and explain the situation if you want but if you intend to pay it anyway, I would perhaps just pay it and forget about it , it sounds as if you have enough on your mind anyway.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wonder what your views would be if it was your employer who hadnt paid you ?
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport