£1 HDMI cables at Poundland

Options

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    Would you rather buy 13 Ladas, or one Rolls-Royce, when you can only drive one? I'd have the Rolls-Royce.
    That is an incorrect analogy - the cheap digital cable will provide the exact same quality as the more expensive one. The only difference will be the packaging and appearance of the physical cable.
    Dave_C wrote: »
    Surely is equivalent to For short HDMI Leads, the cheap cables are rubbish thing has the same plausibility as cheap speaker cables are rubbish. I.e. none at all.
    That is also incorrect; the differences between speaker cables can be plainly demonstrated.
    iviv wrote: »
    Contrary to what you say, HDMI cables require no shielding. To quote Steve Venuti, the director of licensing for HDMI Licensing LLC:
    And that is incorrect too (or at least incomplete) - shielding will also prevent RF getting out and potentially causing issues with other equipment.
  • zappahey
    zappahey Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    That is also incorrect; the differences between speaker cables can be plainly demonstrated.

Sorry, don't believe that one either.
    What goes around - comes around
  • woody2234
    Options
    Originally Posted by zipman23
    I use my PS3 as my Blu-Ray player. Didnt cost me £400 either!

Does it play 3D blu-ray discs?

yes a PS3 will play 3D blu ray if the ps3 op system has been updated but you will need a 3d tv to get the picture so look at active 3d or passive 3d and the PS4 will be 4D compatible (true hologram) in 2018
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
  • prowla
    Options
    zappahey wrote: »
    You don't have to believe it or not - that's your choice.

What's the best hi-fi you've heard?

(I've also seen the effects of different video cables.)
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would also note that at 12.99 cost of HDMI leads at Dixons you could buy 13 poundland cables which should easily last the lifetime of any electical appliance and you will probably only ever use one :)

To everyone who's been taking issue with my post #19, as follows;

"Would you rather buy 13 Ladas, or one Rolls-Royce, when you can only drive one? I'd have the Rolls-Royce."

...can I point out that it was posted in response to the above quote, which everyone seems to have missed?
  • prowla
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    To everyone who's been taking issue with my post #19, as follows;

"Would you rather buy 13 Ladas, or one Rolls-Royce, when you can only drive one? I'd have the Rolls-Royce."

...can I point out that it was posted in response to the above quote, which everyone seems to have missed?
    Yes - the fallacy is in assuming that the £12.99 one is any better suited to its intended use than the £1 ones.
  • MTC2012
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to say that I bought one of the 1 metre HDMI cables from my local poundshop in Leicester. I am very pleased with the quality and for the price can't complain.

Mike
  • johnmc
    johnmc Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    Options
    googler wrote:

For me, the purpose of a car is to get me from A-B. Lada's are comfortable and cheap to run.

Wouldn't worry about leaving it parked on the street, either.

If I had the money for the Roller I would prefer ONE Lada and bank the ongoing difference (fuel, insurance, tax, maintenance, servicing etc).

Same thing with the cable. If it does the same job I would prefer to keep the money in my pocket.
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    zappahey wrote: »

Prowla is correct, same goes with other analogue cables such as Phono, Scart, Etc.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    The key being "analogue". :)

HDMI is "digital" thus not (or much less) susceptible to external influences and losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure