Cheap Airport Parking: Manc'ster & L'pool Airports hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• will69
    will69 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I used a fantastic service at Manchester Airport it was with a company called carparking ltd( October this year). They are a meet and greet service , for the 2 weeks it cost about £69.05 and when you return you get a goody bag with breakfast bars and juice for all your passengers.
    They meet you at departure gate very prompt, take a written description of your car and on your return you simply give them a call when you are collecting your baggage to arrange the return of your car. They also offer a valet service
    I can highly recommend them, super friendly staff, prompt service, and I think great value for money ...check out their site....
    http://carparkingltd.com/
  • tgg_2
    Options
    I have used this firm on numerous occasions and have found them to be efficient at all times and super speedy to pick me up. I got sick of being ripped off by the airport so tried these as a one off and never looked back. They always have a smile and charge half airport prices!!. When the airport tried to charge extra for the van to enter the car park, the price of parking went up, however the airport decided against putting the price up and the bloke refunded me without me enquiring. It was nice to find a bit of honesty instead of "rip-off Britain"
    Tracey

:money: :j :j :j :j :j
  • omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    Simple: leave the car at home and get the bus or train. Manchester has a train station in the middle of the airport with direct links to the whole of the north of England (and even southern Scotland), and Liverpool airport is on many major bus routes, including many express links with the fantastic new Liverpool South Parkway bus/train interchange. Or if you're really desperate how about parking at one of Merseyside's many park+ride sites (most are completely free and have CCTV) and travel from there on public transport?
  • louise1515
    Options
    Just booked 4 september meet and greet with park and go at Manchester. Now panicking that it is all above board £38 for 8 days you hear of scams parking anywhere anyone used them and did you get your car back ok?
    Thanks for any info.:j
  • sexyboy
    sexyboy Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    manchester airport- place in Carrington (15 mins or so from airport)
    used them a few times and have been good
    cheapest at the moment to book through skypark worked out about £33 for two weeks in may with a 10% voucher which is available in the vouchers thread.

Biggest Win: £5000
    Last Win: 2013
  • alex404_2
    Options
    I travel regularly from Manchester and have done for a number of years and I have experienced several different independent meet and greet services with both good and bad results. When I contact the meet and greet companies directly I always pay less than website quotes. Another great tip is to choose a company which operates close to the airport.:j Some new companies and some well established all providing great service. I reccomend- LCS meet & greet (1 min from terminals), CarParking meet & greet (2 min from terminals) for example. Call direct, no agents commissions. [EMAIL="alexbrown404@yahoo.co.uk"]alexbrown404@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    :money:
  • jscottleeds_2
    Options
    10% discount at manchesterairport.co.uk with code MAN1 if you book before 26th May and 1st day before end of August
  • jscottleeds_2
    jscottleeds_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2009 at 11:24AM
    Options
    Thanks to eslick who posted this on north east thread it worked for me for manchester today also does liverpool looks to be 15% discount.

aph.com/partners/toysrus.htm
  • notafan
    notafan Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    I've used a place at manchester called

clough bank farm

its more or less on the airport site, just behind the monarch aircraft hanger. Its usually dead cheap and its a 5minute bus ride away. Have used them loads of times and never had to wait more then 20minutes max when you get back.

also used meteor meet and greet once, they are ok but we had to wait for them to arrive on departure and arrival. This was basically because we got there later then we said at the time of booking (about 30mins) when we were flying out, ended up waiting bout 15mins in the drop of point. On the way back again about 15minutes till they brought the car back (times hadnt changed) although it only cost 30quid for the week.

If its this cheap again i'd use them again, otherwise clough bank until the airport expands on it at some point in the future.
  • notafan
    notafan Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Simple: leave the car at home and get the bus or train. Manchester has a train station in the middle of the airport with direct links to the whole of the north of England (and even southern Scotland), and Liverpool airport is on many major bus routes, including many express links with the fantastic new Liverpool South Parkway bus/train interchange. Or if you're really desperate how about parking at one of Merseyside's many park+ride sites (most are completely free and have CCTV) and travel from there on public transport?

I seriously think this isnt an option for most people at almost any airport.

1- i've never had a bus or train which was actually on time and nobody wants to be late or overly early
    2 - the price for a return ticket for one person in my experience is roughly the same as a weeks airport parking
    3 if you have a flight really early/late public transport doesnt run or is full of random tramps/druggies/chavs etc or if its at a really busy time try getting cases on and keeping an eye on them to make sure they or something dont get nicked!

tried the public transport thing once when came home to edinburgh airport and needed to get home to manchester when i lived there. Flight got in at 10pm slightly late, tried checking trains and buses nothing available etc ended up getting a hotel for the night and flying to manchester the next day, miles more efficient and still alot cheaper, and in this day and age safer. Always take the car now, just a shame about all these eco taxes lol :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback