PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't really 'do' posh handbags. I wouldn't treat them right and I always think about what else I can do with the money.

Every couple of years or so I buy a new bag from TK maxximus. Usually about £30, always leather. Mostly the old ones go to the chazzer, though I have kept the last (by now rather tatty looking) one as its bigger than my current one and there are times I need a slightly bigge bag (holidays for example).

I think I own four handbags, those two, a black evening type bag and a cloth type one. I say think, cos I am not sure if I still have the cloth one... If I have, it can go...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2017 at 7:33PM
    Options
    I have never bought a radley bag.always been gifts from my loved ones.i never ask or want anything im not materialistic.people buy me coca cola instead of presents i dont drink and im anaphylactic to chocolate.so they got into buying me radleys
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have one bag that goes with everything that I use most days and a slightly smarter DKNY bag left over from my corporate days plus an evening bag. The everyday bag is a Longchamps which hold an incredible amount- and loses it too!! My life was transformed when I picked up a handbag organiser in Primark for £2.50. Now I can actually find my phone when it rings!!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have a black leather DKNY bag, a violet Kate Spade , a brown patent Bessie of London everyday work bag and my mum's vintage c.1972 italian leather bag. I also have several cross-body bags in use most weekends & for casual and a couple of clutch bags bought to go with shoes & wedding outfits :o
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Just retrieved the rag bag from the bike shed and went through it - good job I did as a lens polishing cloth for my glasses had ended up in there. I also removed some of the towelling rags (hemmed) which are very useful when cleaning and some of which I use up at the allotment. Have got them routed to their final destinations and 90 % of the rag bag leaves the premises tomorrow.

Friend and neighbour SuperGran popped in an hour ago, took one look around my sitting-room and asked; What is this, a harvest festival?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I really must start processing these squash and pumpkins down into the shed, it's getting rindinkulous.

Will have a tea-break then wash the two biggest pumpkins and get them ready to go down to the shed tomoz - I'm in my jammies now and am not going out again tonight, not even for YS bargains.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Floss
    Options
    GQ do the pumpkins need dressing as well as bathing?!

I seem to have temporarily KM'd my husband to stay with his recently bereaved pal...he went on Sunday afternoon and has suggested he will leave on Saturday...cue several no-cook teas & my choice of catch-up tv!
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 October 2017 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Handbags, hmm, got rid of a few when I first started KM.
    Inventory now is
    A fab Radley bag in a deep red colour that I had longed for but could not justify the expense, then found it in a sale at 40% off (when I got it home I realised it was very dusty so assume it was an end of range!). It is quite large and has carried my laptop and some papers along with essentials when I needed to look businesslike :D It is not used regularly but it brings much joy.
    A tan leather shoulder bag that is quite roomy and was used every day for work when I was officebound. Now not so used but still liked :)
    A dark blue small shoulder bag that is used fairly often, esp when lunching with friends, when one does not need tonnes of stuff :rotfl:
    A black tote bag that holds more than you'd think, iykwim. I nearly sent this to CS when I cleared the wardrobe a couple of weeks ago but actually, when I held it I realised it is a keeper.
    A toffee coloured bag that is a cross between a clutch and a purse, or as DH said, more like a large pencil case :rotfl: It has stud detailing and i love it. Another for leisurely lunches or evenings out. Holds essentials, inc reading glasses :)
    My most used bag is one from Debenhams sale last year, small fabric bag with an oriental design in muted but multi colourx. Everyone comments on it and i have not yet seen another. Prob why it was in the sale, cos no-one else wanted it! It is the right size and shape for my everyday needs, a couple of internal pockets and a zipped one on the outside for car keys.
    Finally, another cloth one, also bought last year, that in theory is great but in use is a bit annoying. It seems to need at least 2 hands to do the zip up and is too soft to stand on its own so it falls all over the place, producing a serious tripping hazard. I love the colour but need to decide whether it is staying. Perhaps I'll give it an outing this weekend as a final trial, pass or fail, in or out!
    Oh, there is one more!! A small straw bag that is very pale, almost white, in an oblong shape with a zipped top and a little bamboo handle. That one goes on holiday to sunny climes :cool2:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :p I've got three pale turquoise pumpkins, each on its own towel, sitting in a row on my table facing me. I feel that I should read them a bedtime story, or something.

All pumpkins and PNS have had a soapy bath and then a wipe-down with bleachy water, been carefully dried, and are hanging out expectantly. It is tempting to draw googly eyes and put hats on them, but I will restrain myself for abject lunacy.

S'like, I wouldn't want youse lot to think I was weird or anything! :p
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    An electric heater is the only thing to leave the house to go to someone elses home today.we havent really been here 3 appointments.but got a busy weekend so planning on doing lots in the morning.sister doesnt want mirror so need to find a new home for that too.

Have managed again to just sit here for a bit and do some word puzzles.happy days!! May write a list before bed so when we get up we have a plan.i love my lists and plans.do have paperwork that need attention tomorrow.going to write a list of important issues that need dealing with and order of priority.we need the house valued as our mortgage is up for renewal and we want to take some money out from it. So the kondoing needs to go up a notch so it can look as good as it can :-)
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • Floss
    Options
    GQ maybe you could put a small cloth over each to tuck them up, and so they are secure like a budgie with a cloth over its cage! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills