New Journey

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Have come home from work early , didn't feel 100% . Think I have had a mild case of the stomach bug the DGC have had.

Anyway I wasn't well at work so they sent me home. I am in my pjs taking it easy. I don't really do illness so am not a good patient. However today I am just going to sit and do not very much.

Absolutely with you on not doing being ill well - but sounds like home is the right place to be with a stomach bug. Hopefully you're feeling a bit better by now.

I also did the gym last night - must be something in the air! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Take care and rest and you'll feel better sooner...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are on the mend soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I feel better after a two hour sleep ! Not like me at all. I have done nothing but read and watch tv.

Ready for tomorrow hopefully in fine fettle . Just about to have some toast.

Thank you for all your replies.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Cumbria. Glad you managed some rest today. Don't go in tomorrow unless you're sure that you're better.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    Thanks Hairy I don't work Fridays I do a compressed week. I do childcare on Friday , will stay close to home tomorrow plus my mum is round the corner if needed .
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Glad to hear you’ve perked up. Sometimes pjs and TV is the only cure.....:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Options
    Stuck at home with 2 poorly DGC , thankfully I feel ok today so far anyway. DGS has now got tonsillitis and just wants to sleep. They pick up so many germs the first year at school.

Anyway I needed a new winter coat and I said I wasn't buying any clothes till Christmas whoops ! Boght from EBay second hand coat exactly what I was looking for £15 including postage.

Haven't spent all this months spends had £11.51 left and 5.01 from PA so the deed is done .
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi Cumbrian Lass

A coat for £15 sounds excellent and good value. Better than my necessary purchase today of two replacement bulbs for my halogen oven - £23.98! At least you will get pleasure from yours.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better although not so good about the children. Mind you, you will probably get more cuddles.

I'm off in a minute to walk to the library. I have found reading a real book is better for me at night as I drop off much easier. If I have my tablet on, I keep surfing on and on rather than starting to settle down.

Have a good weekend, take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business