What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    1luckyLady, for future reference, there is somewhere on this very site where you can post the package you have found and for what price and representatives of various travel agents will try to beat it. I've never done it myself but the person who told me about this site many moons ago did it with some success.

Since my last post I have bagged two bags of slimming cheese and two soft drinks from the free table. I would normally only take one of each but I'm off in a week so I'm past caring what anyone thinks of me :rotfl:

I got some YS chorizo topped potatoes for 20p which went some way to making me feel better about spending nearly a fiver on one box of cat food :eek:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Evening all
    Another busy day at work but I'm now off for a week.
    - lunch provided at work
    - FPL
    - YS cheese sauce £2 reduced to 15p and soup reduced by 18p
    - cashed out topcashback £9 something.
    - got some points added to Morrisons points card from when my DH did some shopping.
    Hope to do more MS stuff tomorrow, LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

It's looking gorgeous here today so it lifts the spirits too, my little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Hairdresser @ home - Done
    Clean bird feeder and refill (hoping it encourages the gorgeous pheasant to keep visiting) - Done (and yes he's been back, spent most of afternoon)
    Washing & line dry - Done
    DS haircut after school - Done
    DS Footie Training - Done
    Continue purge on emails - Done a few
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done

Read -

Have a great day all!

C x

Not a bad day, also managed to get a few bits from the local shops (saving money rather than buying from our normal supermarket). Also bought white emulsion as I'm hoping to get lounge ceiling done this weekend and strip feature wall.

Night all x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• La_escocesa
    Options
    Night Ziggy. :) That sounds ideal for your mum btw. I hope you get it all sorted for her. xxx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    ((Hugs)) to those who need them-esp to those needing sleep

angelpyeyou definately have had a lucky week. Enjoy the theatre, it's lovely when good things happen:)
    CCL I hope naughty tortie is still doing better. I wouldn't change having cats for the world, but oh the vet bills:eek:
    DawnW that's a very impressive use up of Christmas bits. I love using up bits and pieces in the fridge when I'm in a productive mood-which is not very often :oWe've just finished the Christmas biscuits, I definately bought less in for Christmas, but they have just seemed to last longer.
    LuckLady brilliant news on the holiday price match:)

Well I did a FVD last night. I took ur tip about how tesc@s were doing an intermediate reduction slot before the final YS reduction. I needed cat food and had a voucher, went about 4.30pm and picked up a couple of YS things including a lemon meringue down from £2.50 to £1.10. I don't think my daughter was too impressed as she got shoved by one man that was determined to look at everything, even if others were there.
    I've also got a gammon sitting in the freezer ready for this Christmas-£5 off:)
    Been a productive day
    *checked banking
    *radiator shuffle, hopefully get the rest of the things dried tomorrow to get bedding washed.
    *dishwasher unloaded and reloaded first thing.
    * out this morning advising in a university practical-love doing these
    *had lunch bought for me......including pudding.....happy days:)
    *took my daughter shopping after for a few bits she wanted. Picked up a birthday present for my uncle that I know he will definately like

Blooming mount ironing Everest is growing again, must tackle this tomorrow as well as sorting out a new tyre and taking my daughter for a hospital appointment.
    I will be productive!:D
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    News

* Pound coins and piggy banks: (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Ooh, I like this thread! Exactly what I need at the moment to keep me going.

Today:
    - bake cake (to avoid giving into cafe demands from the children later).
    - make wraps so our packed lunch is a bit more interesting.
    - scrape together enough cash from the change tin to pay for a bag of caster sugar as I forgot to buy it yesterday on my 'official' shop and I don't want to be tempted to buy more than just a bag of sugar when I nip to the shop.
    - open the windows to air the house for half an hour so I don't have to put the dehumidifier on later.
    - update YNAB.
    - Do at least an hour's work, and share on social media (this helps get new business in if I do it consistently).
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 February 2017 at 7:48AM
    Options
    Morning :hello:

lucky lady nice work on matching holidays. I'll check my short break in a minute but I'm guessing it's sold out. But worth a try.
    Foxgloves hope you had a better nights sleep
    Treadingonplaymobil welcome - I popped by your diary the other day. Good luck with your DF journey. Stick with is, this thread definitely helps.

I woke at 5.40 full of cold that's been brewing for 2 days, just in time for my weekend away :eek:

But enjoying a cuppa and a catch up on a few things before the house wakes up ;)

Last night we treated ourselves to a chip takeaway as a start of holiday treat. I have a small fish. When DH got home he said the lady said it has shrivelled up so put in a extra one :D well, they were both quite big so cat thought all his christmases had come at once as he had leftovers :rotfl:

Today
    DH payday, money shuffle done
    Paid some money a customer paid me straight to cc :D
    Must calculate another customers order and message her as to when I'll have it and how much
    Quick clean round before we go :D
    Packed lunch for us and parents
    Refillable water bottle with us so we can take it out this weekend
    Finish packing, nearly all done, just last few bits when the others get up, bikes already in the car
    Check for surveys

Probably won't be on until Monday, unless I can find some free wifi somewhere in the forest :rotfl: so have a lovely weekend everyone. PF.
  • allthe7s
    allthe7s Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll be saving money today by not going to soft play, my 7 yr old is also poorly, his cough sounds awful bless him. Last day of half term so might manage a couple of nsd's next week.

No plans for the the weekend, hopefully weather will stay dry to get some more washing outside.
    Preparing to go bankrupt April 2020
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2017 at 9:36AM
    Options
    Morning :) Purps hope you have a lovely holiday! Ours seems so far away....

expensive Feb continues! Today we had plans to have the day off together while madam is at the cm's and celebrate our anniversary - 9 years yesterday! - but the cm's child has a sickness bug so it will be the 3 of us! We are planning to go to the cinema, a kids film now! We will go to the one that is about 20 mins drive away but tickets are only £2.50 each! Then we are going to go for a pub lunch at an award winning restaurant, after that for a swim and a sauna (no sauna for madam!) and finishing off at our local local for a few pints to round off the day. should be fun! Trying hard to just not let it get to me it's an expensive time of year! I did actually talk oh out of going for breakfast as well so got ys bacon out of the freezer last night ;)

Not planning on much by the way of small things today, having a holiday! Will just have cheese on toast for tea. Need to peg out load of washing & put away washing from last load.

Am trying to decide whether to go to the London Aquarium on Sunday. Have free tickets but the cost of travel there is £50 and then there'll be spending money while we're there. Now I'm writing it out I'm thinking it's just not worth the expense! we could do something much nearer for a fraction of the cost...

I've checked banking and did a couple of transfers.

Happy Friday guys :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business