Need not Want.

Options

Comments

• Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Thanks for the info about free listings Firewyrm and your hints too 365. Will get stuff listed at the weekend. Will let you all know how it goes.
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    Thanks for the info about free listings Firewyrm and your hints too 365. Will get stuff listed at the weekend. Will let you all know how it goes.

Not sure if you were waiting til the weekend becasue you wanted your listing to end on a weekend or becasue you just have more time then.

You can do different day listings (3 day, 7 day, 10 day) and can also set when you want your listing to start....so no excuse not to get started;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Good news on the car tyres :T

I was pretty good today, and only spend was £3.70 for bus fare to work. I only live 2.5 miles from work, but the roads weren't ploughed, and we had 4 inches of snow, so decided the bus was safer! It's not a bad walk, but it's not street-lit, which just doesn't work in winter.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    365days wrote: »
    Not sure if you were waiting til the weekend becasue you wanted your listing to end on a weekend or becasue you just have more time then.

You can do different day listings (3 day, 7 day, 10 day) and can also set when you want your listing to start....so no excuse not to get started;)

I didn't realise it was free listing until 31st Jan - better get some more stuff on there.

I am sure I read somewhere that listings ending on a Thurs (or poss Wed) are most successful...though don't quote me on the days. Anyway, it wasn't necessarily weekends as that's when people tend to go out or be away from their pcs and forget to bid on things they've been watching.

Don't be downbeat about items you list - as they say, one mans junk is another mans treasure. You'd be amazed what people have sold over the years so just because you don't want it any more, doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

Final tip from me, if something doesn't sell - relist (on free listing days of course :D) I've had things on there 4-5 times with no joy, then suddenly a sale, so don't give up x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all want your opinion on holidays need or want ,we view them as need but this year kids are off to florida with grandparents so........ have to say oh works hard and is usually enthusiastic re booking but this year seems hesitant so dont know ,think he is still thinking about selling caravan to pay for sunshine .
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    For most of my working life I viewed holidays as a 'don't really want one', that's because I enjoyed my job and didn't want to be away from it. However, when I got to my mid fifties I didn't enjoy it so much and needed to get away for a break. Now I am retired every day is a holiday and I love it. :j

If there are things going on at work, new project, possible promotion, or dare I say redundancies, etc, maybe your hubby wants to be there to see how things pan out. Perhaps you can talk him into having a break if you think he needs it.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm wrote a reply last night but its disappeared - unless I dreamt it!!!

I need to remove my card from Amazon too - to stop me buying Kindle books so easily - even if they are on offer & under £1. I guess I was just stacking them up so I didn't have to pay full price for a book for a while, but to be honest the sleep would do me more good rather than staying up reading it!

I can't quite bring myself to unsubscribe from most of the emails I get (and I get a lot every day!) - even from places I've never ever bought anything, just incase I miss the sale of the century (that I can't afford anyway, lol) :o Maybe I'll select one a day to get rid of & see how I do....

A NSD here today as I don't really plan on going out as there's nothing I NEED, or if I do I'll go for a walk without my purse.

C xx
  • Sazdaz
    Sazdaz Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Well today was a NSD and seemed to have got back on the DFW wagon. There is nothing I need to get tomorrow so now hoping for another NSD.
    Off now for my dinner out of the freezer, then some crafting I think.
    APR NSD - 0/10
    Paid off in 2013 so far £125.00
    April Money made - £18.00
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    elly68 wrote: »
    hi all want your opinion on holidays need or want ,we view them as need but this year kids are off to florida with grandparents so........ have to say oh works hard and is usually enthusiastic re booking but this year seems hesitant so dont know ,think he is still thinking about selling caravan to pay for sunshine .

I do think holidays are a need - BUT - by that I mean the break from work ... I do NOT think an "away holiday" is a need and is very much a want

You can easily have just as good (honestly!) holiday at home visiting places nearby / day trips etc.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    FireWyrm wrote: »
    Ebay are running a zero insertion fee promotion until the 31st January, so now is the time to put everything on there.

I've done as I was told and started building listings ready to go on tonight but it appears to be about to charge me a fee- anyone know why??
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills