May 2015 Weddings

Options

Comments

• staple28
    staple28 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh and my mum feels better now as she has her outfit sorted!
  • staple28
    Options
    Sammy J when are you sending your save the dates and invites? You might be better just sending invites a bit earlier rather than send save the dates aswell as?
  • purple_butterfly28
    purple_butterfly28 Posts: 119 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2014 at 12:45PM
    Options
    OMG just under 6 months to go ladies!!! :eek:
    That's how I felt when I realised a little bit panicked, anybody else feel the same??
    I know I've got plenty of time and it's not a huge amount to finish organising, just seems really near now.
    I wrote out a list from my spreadsheet and seems to have calmed me a little, but just frustrating at the moment that I can't get started on a lot of things until my RSVP's are in, which is Feb time.
    Grrr why are people so slow at replying seem to have come to a standstill with only about 30% replied. :mad: I know I know they still have 2 months to reply lol they're just not as organised as me.
    Will just have to take December off planning or maybe start making favours and source vases and table decorations.

Well here's my to do list of everything (I think) that is left and approx time line to do it in.

Jan
    · Wedding Rings (trying to find style I like in 18ct white gold, can only find in 9ct)
    · Aisle Music (having problems finding something I like not too soppy)
    · Send marriage forms to registrar (need to know music and readings)
    · Send shoes to be dyed
    · Suits for groomsmen (when OH decides he’s up to it as hates shopping!)
    · Book Bouncy Castle
    · Sort night before accommodation
    · Vases x 4 for bridal party flowers after ceremony (check sales)

Feb
    · Chase RSVP’s
    · Hair & Make Up book and trial
    · Evening Invitations Make (Send in Feb)

March
    · Cake (need to discuss designs with mum who is making, flavours decided)
    · Dress Fitting
    · Veil and Hair clips (Looking for something to go with dress)

April
    · Hen Party – Booked for 24th – 26th April
    · Meeting with registrar (need to send back forms and book, ceremony registrar is already booked)
    · Meet with photographer to look round venue
    · Thank you presents
    · Final menu choices to venue

May
    · Ushers ties x 2 (might get from suit hire shop)
    · Table Plan (need to wait for RSVP’s end of Jan)
    · Name cards (make and write names once final numbers in include spares)
    Anytime
    · Favours? (biscuits and coloured flavoured mini vodka bottles)
    · Table name stands x 11 (names are decided on Liverpool players have seen stands on Amazon not too expensive)
    · Bridesmaids Shoes and accessories and red underskirts (Leaving them to find own shoes)
    · Wedding Jewellery (might borrow necklace from mum)
    · Guestbook
    · Table decorations (use leftover card from invites to punch out red hearts and purple butterflies) may need some crystals as well
    Wow looks like a lot but def feel more relaxed now.
    Just need to get my walk in music and the weddng rings sorted and think I'll feel better.

What music are other ladies having for their walk in song??

Hope all your organising is going well.

What with Christmas round the corner it'll soon be 2015 the year we get married :D
    Engaged 25/12/2013 :T
    Marrying my gorgeous fiance 30/05/15 :D
    Saving for the Wedding and Honeymoon :j
  • staple28
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about your invites purple. I think youve sent them quite early and maybe people dont want to commit that far ahead just yet. I think youll get more replies in after xmas? I'm sending my invites in Jan witha rsvp end of March. Also...i struggled finding a MUA, all my fave ones were booked so you might want to look at the sooner rather than later?

I'm struggling as ive lost my job recently so waiting on some pennies to start buying bits again. I havent planned when to do what im just trying to do a bit at a time!
  • purple_butterfly28
    Options
    Hey again ladies Hope you're all ready for Christmas.
    Figure I'm actually going to hit the January sales this year for some decorative bits and pieces and maybe the bridesmaids/grooms shoes!!
    Exciting news is that just ordered our wedding rings at the weekend :j
    Decided to go for 18ct White gold with some diamonds in a slight U shape at the front under my enagement ring.
    HSamuels had 20% off their diamond rings so was too much of a bargain to miss then found a £25 off when you spend over £200 code so that worked on OH's plain titanium band and brought it down in price.
    Overall savings of just over £104 :money:so very happy with that. Was supposed to wait until the new year but don't think we could have got a better deal, and new what we wanted now and had the cash in savings for it.
    If anyone wants the H Samuel code just do a g.oogl.e for it as HUKD has it up currently.

Thanks for advice on the MUA Staple28, going to have a look over the next few days have a few in mind, and there's also my hairdresser who is trained as a MUA as well, so have a back up.

Is weird to think that in 10 days I will have been engaged for a year :) and what a year of adventure into the world of weddings it has been.
  • purple_butterfly28
    Options
    Eeeek we're getting married this year!!! :eek: :T :j
    Plus the countdown on my phone says I have 139 days to go, plus only 104 til Hen do, watch out Bristol lol

Hoping that a quick look in town this weekend at any last sales will help me source some cheap vases.
    Also need to book an appointment for the OH to look at suits.
    Anyone elses OH being a mare with not wanting to look at suits?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
    xx
  • dundeediva
    Options
    Hello everyone, hows the planning coming along? I seem to have most things done (i think!) so far, just little things to do...

Booked/done

Venue
    Registrar
    Photographer
    Band
    Piper
    Kilts
    Dress
    Underwear
    Hair
    Make up
    Flower girl dresses
    Petticoats
    Jewellery
    Flowers
    Invitations

Still to do

Give notice (feb)
    My shoes
    Bridesmaids dresses (no rush as buying Lindy bop so canget in a few days)
    Hen and Stag organising
    Little decor bits
    Sweets for sweetie table at night

I'm feeling very calm about it all too! Such a strange feeling lol :)
    Saving money like a trouper...
  • purple_butterfly28
    Options
    Hey dundeediva your sounding very organized.
    I'm starting to get that knot of panic/excitement in my stomach now whenever I think about the wedding planning, though really I know everything is under control.

Speaking of control I need to sort my wedding underwear soon. Think it'll be a trip to bravissimo.
    Anyone know any other places that do large sized (over G cup) nude/bridal bras?

Hopefully should have my make up artist booked in next couple of days then just need to book a trial.
    Also need to officially book my hairdresser as well. They know about it just their appointment book only does 4 months at a time.

OH got his suit sorted at the weekend, he looked so smart. He's having a morning suit (more modern charcoal grey) with a nice grey waistcoat and a scarlet red cravat, whilst the other groomsmen have various shades of purple cravats depending on their role. She's even throwing in shirts, waistcoats and cravats for the 2 ushers to wear with their black suits. Was originally just going to give them a purple/red tie to match, so was quite an unexpected bargain. :T
    128 days to go now for me eeeeeekkk!! Exciting :p
  • dundeediva
    Options
    Purple I'm exactly the same! Any time i think about it, I get a little giddy and panic a bit!

Found out yeterday that oh's brother who lives in Canada will definitely make it with his two kids, but his oh wont as she can't get the time off. A bit of a shame but at least the others are coming! Just need his measurements to order his kilt up, he thinks it only takes a week!!

Invites have arrived too, very happy with them, they were from vistaprints but desined by me. Very reasonable too, £90ish for 20 day, 20 menu cards, 30 RSVP cards, 20 reception, envelopes for them all and 50 envelope seals too. Everywhere else i looked wanted 3/4x as much! plus i got cashback too, very MSE :)

Going to try on my dress on the 5th Feb to see how much more weight i need to lose. hopefully it'll fit like a glove but 99% sure i have some more work to do!

99 days to go!!!!!! :T
  • dundeediva
    Options
    How is everyones plans coming along?

I'm giving notice tomorrow at the registrars :D its getting close!!

On another note, as of yesterday i now have one bridesmaid and not two. Other bridesmaid decided that the one thing i asked her to do was ridiculous and didnt want to be part of my day anymore. Joy. Luckily i hadnt ordered the dresses yet (lindy bop ones) but ive get the shoes, jewellery, underskirts etc so rather annoyed that my money has been wasted. Might have to buy a dress for myself for another day to use them! It wasn't anything ott i asked her anyway, i said right from the beginning that men can wear whatever colour of kilt they like as long as its not grey. She then goes and orders her sons kilt, in grey. I asked her to change the tartan and thats when the poop hit the fan :(. Still feeling a bit numb and i dont even know if i want her to be at the wedding at all. To complicatematters further, shes the best mans wife!!!

I've had enough of the dramas now lol :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family