Sky+ HD/Sky Q options help.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    Yesterday i went onto MySky and there was a 60% off discount for me to keep my tv and not carry on with the cancellation.
    Today i had a live chat and said about the offer and the rep said that offer is/was never meant to be on my or anybody elses account as there was a technical fault with the Sky accounts being offered this 60% and i am not the only person who has tried to claim this offer.
    I was offered 50% off on a 1 year term. I was not offered credit and as for the multiroom i was told i would have to call Sky to get this working and they still do multiroom but the chat person only deals with keeping Sky tv.
    In a bid to keep me he/she said that when my tv goes off the best i/everybody will get is 30%-35% discount and that is all Sky will offer.
    You need to go through with the cancellation got the best deal.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to go through with the cancellation got the best deal.

I know that is where the best deals will come after the cut-off date but when i saw 60% off i thought it was a good deal as the day my Sky goes off i will not be around as away for 9 days and i will be recording 50 hours worth of tv but if no Sky active then it will not record as i will have no sub.
    As for the wrong discount there lots of people on here, digitalspy and Sky forum saying their ofers are changing daily and are not the same on tv/app/account at the same time so Sky have a major issue with this "technical fault".
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There are often differences in the deal offered across TV/app/website. I don't think this is a 'fault'.

Was there not an option to activate the offer directly from My Sky without the need to talk to anyone? I'm sure there was for me when I was in my cancellation period a while back.

Failing that, just try again and talk to someone else.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    There are often differences in the deal offered across TV/app/website. I don't think this is a 'fault'.

Was there not an option to activate the offer directly from My Sky without the need to talk to anyone? I'm sure there was for me when I was in my cancellation period a while back.

Failing that, just try again and talk to someone else.

There was a redeem now button which i clicked but up came "ooops there is a problem call or chat" or words like that. I wanted to find out about i Sky still did multiroom as in my thread and started the chat as i could do other things on the pc at the same time.
    The person i chatted to said the 60% was an error from Sky and everybody that had that offer showing on tv/app/website will not get it as 50% off is all Sky would offer and they will not apply it to anybody's account.
    Strange thing is after the chat i logged onto my Sky and the 60% offer had changed to 50% and still is showing 50% off.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If enough people refuse the decreasingly appealing offers, Sky will have to have a rethink as its customer base also decreases.

Since 50% for 10 months, the same for 12 months, the 60% off for 12 months, I've had no offers and mine goes off mid this week.

I no longer care and may treat myself to an annual online games package, which is cheaper.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2016 at 2:17PM
    Options
    ...Just had a letter from Sky - here's hopin' ,I thought - but no, just 50% off for 10 months for 12 month contract, valid til next Monday - with full price HD Sports pack.:(
    Still got another18 days to switch off tho'.
    EDIT -Just rec'd a phone call - only improvement that she was prepared to offer on the above was 50% for 10 months with no contract, so could cancel again in August. I asked about a "sweetener" ie a credit to pull the cost down to nearer what I've had for the last 12 months but not available at all(if you believe her!!)
  • teddysmum
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...Just had a letter from Sky - here's hopin' ,I thought - but no, just 50% off for 10 months for 12 month contract, valid til next Monday - with full price HD Sports pack.:(
    Still got another18 days to switch off tho'.
    EDIT -Just rec'd a phone call - only improvement that she was prepared to offer on the above was 50% for 10 months with no contract, so could cancel again in August. I asked about a "sweetener" ie a credit to pull the cost down to nearer what I've had for the last 12 months but not available at all(if you believe her!!)
    They are being mean this year, especially with communications , so my tv will be staying off (when it goes on Thursday) and phone etc has going to PlusNet, next week.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    I have posted on the sky haggling thread earlier.
    I went on chat this morning and i took 60% off tv and a small credit to account which i was ok with.
    As for multiroom i was told i would have to call/chat as she would only deal with reconnections and that is all.
    I am still not sure about sky Q as on sky's comminity forum there are lots of people having issues and they all seem to get different set-up cost/prices when getting Q installed.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    I have posted on the sky haggling thread earlier.
    I went on chat this morning and i took 60% off tv and a small credit to account which i was ok with.
    As for multiroom i was told i would have to call/chat as she would only deal with reconnections and that is all.
    I am still not sure about sky Q as on sky's comminity forum there are lots of people having issues and they all seem to get different set-up cost/prices when getting Q installed.

A benefit is that, as they own the Q box, you should get a faulty one replaced, free of charge, but when you unsubscribe the box goes back, so you can't keep it to view the free channels, as you can with the Sky+ box.
  • Gavgooner
    Options
    It will cost me £297 for skyQ for 3 boxes! For a new customer it would cost £159! Also they could get a £25 voucher! Looks like I will have to cancel & join as new customer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure