Earn at home

Options

Comments

• MrsA2B
    Options
    I have worked from home for the last 5 years, i set up my own online business - if you put your mind to it, you can do anything you want - i started off with zero money and it paid off :) Good luck
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Options
    May I ask what sort of online business you started, especially with zero money? Thanks
  • manuel_ritz
    Options
    Try some freelancing jobs online. A lot of companies today outsource some of their work online. You can try transcription jobs, data entry, article writing and more.
  • CameronLove
    Options
    If you only want to work during school times, try INDEED.COM job site and look for primary school lunchtime supervisors (dinner ladies). They need you 5 days a week for a couple of hours a day. Its council money usually which means it is usually just above minimum wage and some (but not all) even pay you during the holidays. I have known one woman literally sit all 6 weeks summer getting paid for a job she is not doing because they pay during school holidays, and all she had to do when at the school was stand in a playground with a whistle watching for kids being brats for an hour, and put a few tables out in a school hall for them to eat lunch at.
    Try asking at the schools local to you if they are looking for anyone (most might be and might want to save the hassle of advertising) or keep an eye out in local job sites.

Most of the schools I know (at primary level) usually end up employing parents to do the job. 2 out of 3 in some cases are just parents who have asked about a job there.

Be aware though you may have to pass a DRB check so if you have any criminal record its not worth your time even considering a school job, but I presume you don't otherwise you wouldn't give it consideration. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 February 2016 at 9:48AM
    Options
    See my post re Poll Station staff for 5th May. Pay is £150 for the day (plus £30 for a separate training session). Then there's the Referendum in June. Won't solve your problem right away but good for some extra cash in a couple of months. Good luck.
  • jason909
    Options
    Thanks for this will take a look at the relevant local authority website.
  • dawning_2
    Options
    There are so many freelancing websites out there, dude. I can recommend you to some sites like Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, 99designs, etc (Google them).
  • littlehope
    littlehope Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I know this has been asked about 1000 times! but I'm currently temping because my new job fell through, the company was going through some changes and decided to tell me that on my last day of my old job my start date which was going to be the following Monday was going to be moved back. Its been a month and I've been temping until I find something permanent but the money isn't good and I need something I can supplement it with. I need a roughly and extra £100 a week. Anyone got any ideas?? Really stuck :(
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I please remind all users that exchanging personal details via pm is not allowed on MSE.

all replies can be added to this thread so that all can benefit and should there be any referral links then they need to go onto the proper referral board.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Suitably chastised
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business