Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• SusieT78
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you've been busy.

Taking a sabbatical to go travelling is one of the things I wish I'd done when I was younger and in a position to do so.
    It's going on holiday so much that is the main contributing factor for most of my current debt, in some ways I think I was making up for not going travelling when I was younger, so it's good to read that you're putting plans in place so you can do that without going into any debt.

Good luck with expanding your private work when the time ins right, with your positive attitude I'm sure you'll be successful!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Sounds like you have been really productive. Perhaps me, you, parsniphead and EH should all have a swap round, where you clear a room for the next person on the list?

I cunningly bought a divan bed with drawers so I couldn't hide things underneath - the drawers are the emergency present and card stash so usually fairly full of random bargain sanctuary spa sets, etc.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    SusieT78 wrote: »
    Taking a sabbatical to go travelling is one of the things I wish I'd done when I was younger and in a position to do so
    I'm lucky or unlucky, depends what way you look at it, but by travelling I mean going to visit friends/and or family in different parts of the world for longer than a few weeks...
    Sounds like you have been really productive. Perhaps me, you, parsniphead and EH should all have a swap round, where you clear a room for the next person on the list?
    Haha. Good idea :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 September 2017 at 7:50PM
    Options
    I WFH today when I should have gone in to work.
    I stayed home today when I should have gone for a swimming.
    I should be going to the hospital tonight but I did not go. My niece is very well supported and getting better so I don’t feel the urgency I once did. I am not feeling 100% so I haven’t pushed my self today, or maybe I am being lazy, I don’t know.

HMRC has written to me with a £35 overpayment. I am going to spend most of it. I am going to treat myself to some posh facial oil and I will also do my eyebrows. A total of £25 but I think it will do me good. I will pay the remaining £10 to my emergency fund that currently stands at £200. :)

I am hoping the facial oil lets some pressure out of a massive desire building up for STUFF. I want a TV that doesn’t have to warm up before the whole picture shows. I’ve put up with it for over a year! I would like some earrings and a spa day being pampered. Silly right now. 2018 is not far off and all that can wait…

My weight is going down again. I am not doing any diet or calorie counting as I do so much better (and it is cheaper) when I do my own thing. I am not eating too many simple carbs. I am eating a hearty protein based breakfast and I eat my main meal before 5pm and nothing after that.
    I have also upped my activity and started swimming again which must help

I have made tomorrow’s lunch for work and I am going to prepare my clothes for tomorrow.

I hope you had a good day today reader :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I'm a big fan of nice facial oils - I have quite a collection to use up though. I find the facial massage helps with the stress too.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I'm a big fan of nice facial oils - I have quite a collection to use up though. I find the facial massage helps with the stress too.
    I totally agree re stress. It used to be part of my wind down routine and it has neroli in it. I've stopped lots of luxuries and now my debt is diminishing I am rethinking what I am doing without and what I want to reintroduce again. Enjoy your facial oils :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    So, I have the facial oil and I can begin to improve my battered skin :)

In the office today.

The lunch I took was inadequate and I didn’t have any fruit in the house so couldn’t pack any. I was hungry so I bought a reduced price sandwich on the way home and 2 bags of reduced price crisps. I also bought a coffee and bought a coffee at lunchtime. An £8 massive own goal. :eek:

Answer? Next time take coffee in to work, make it and drink on the way home. Eat more protein so I am less hungry. Pack an extra snack (apple and nut butter) for going home. Also, buy a bag of apples every week at the least as good for transportable snacks. ;)

I don’t mind the much more expensive face oil because it was an intentional purchase. It is the unintentional purchases that annoy me and I intend to eliminate, okay, decrease then.

Today I am grateful for:

My new debt statement showing interest due of just over £20 when once it was well over £100

I am working on Sunday to cover a colleague so I have tomorrow off. I have not had a Saturday off for a long time :)

Linen sheets

All hail the weekend :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your Saturday off :)
    Not to forget your lovely new face oil :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your Saturday off :)
    Not to forget your lovely new face oil :)
    Thanks Beanielou. Have a good weekend :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hello MSE folk :)

I have lost track of spends, they are only small spends but I have lost track and I don’t like it. I paid for various YS bits and pieces, coffees and pointless snacks using card and contactless. I even had a breakfast roll on my way to work because I had run out of eggs! :o

I am going back to taking out cash as it works better to keep me accountable

I have been missing my veggie box. I WFH one week a month and that week I will have an organic chicken and a box of veggies. :)

I think I will be happy to YS until the cows come home if I can have a nice chicken and some lovely veggies.

I am fed up with £6448 as a figure so I paid £58 towards debt today just to see that number shift to a new number and that new number is £6,350 :)

I think I might start making random payments of small amounts when and if I can in future. I was worried about doing it before in case the rubbish bank called me said I had more money than they thought and asked me to do a new financial statement, but even if they do? Who cares?

I am feeling very tempted to take my emergency fund and pay it to debt so I can get into the 5s now but Dave Ramsey says no. Dave Ramsey says build an emergency fund of £1,000 so I will :)

Wishing you all a positive week :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills