Bag 2 for 1 at Odeon on Wednesday's without an Orange phone

Options

Comments

• Cheeky_2
    Cheeky_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    slinks wrote:
    If I get a free sim surely I'll have to put credit on it in order to text/call to get the 2 for 1 offer?

Is there any way around this?
    When you register the sim you get £1 credit, calls to '241' are free so you only pay 35p to receive the texts so each free sim will give you 2 weeks 2 for 1 tickets before you need to top up.

SteveyJC - I topped up by £5 by ringing their top-up line and topping up with my credit card.
  • SteveyJC
    SteveyJC Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks cheeky.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Canny_Vic
    Options
    I use an Orange top-up card, which allows a £5 top-up. I also use an old mobile phone and keep the Orange sim-card permanently in that for use on Wednesdays.
  • Geoff_W
    Geoff_W Posts: 232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have an Orange Pay-As-You-Go phone which is only used for emergencies, thus it gets very little spend on it. I looked at the Orange Wednesday's offer and thought I was ineligible because of condition No. 22 in their T&C's.

Here's the quote from the T&C's...

"22. Text tickets are subject to availability. Text tickets are issued on a priority basis to active customers who spend over £5 per month with Orange. Orange may revise the terms of this promotion from time to time."

Have I been missing out on this for years?

Geoff
  • KEZ1971
    Options
    Subscribe to SeeFilmFirst (https://www.seefilmfirst.com) and every few weeks (usually on a Monday) you will receive an email for preview screenings of a new film. You are given a code to enter on the website. You can then choose which cinema, dates and times you want. You can get 2 tickets for the film. (You can subscribe using another email address and get another 2 - I have done that and can usually get 4 tickets for the whole family. Haven't tried more than 2 email addresses but I reckon you can get as many as you like.) I have seen the Devil Wears Prada, Children of Men and A Good Year - the new Russell Crowe film.

Fantastic fun for free - check out the alliteration!:j
  • Cheeky_2
    Cheeky_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Geoff_W wrote:
    I have an Orange Pay-As-You-Go phone which is only used for emergencies, thus it gets very little spend on it. I looked at the Orange Wednesday's offer and thought I was ineligible because of condition No. 22 in their T&C's.

Here's the quote from the T&C's...

"22. Text tickets are subject to availability. Text tickets are issued on a priority basis to active customers who spend over £5 per month with Orange. Orange may revise the terms of this promotion from time to time."

Have I been missing out on this for years?

Geoff

Yep! My Orange Sim has only ever been used for Orange Wednesday's, I'm nowhere near a £5 monthly spend but haven't been refused a ticket yet! :rotfl:
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    KEZ1971 wrote:
    Subscribe to SeeFilmFirst (https://www.seefilmfirst.com) and every few weeks (usually on a Monday) you will receive an email for preview screenings of a new film. You are given a code to enter on the website. You can then choose which cinema, dates and times you want. You can get 2 tickets for the film. (You can subscribe using another email address and get another 2 - I have done that and can usually get 4 tickets for the whole family. Haven't tried more than 2 email addresses but I reckon you can get as many as you like.) I have seen the Devil Wears Prada, Children of Men and A Good Year - the new Russell Crowe film.

Fantastic fun for free - check out the alliteration!:j[/QUO

I've just subscribed and will wait to see if I get in to any decent films. Have texted Orange for the 2 for 1 without success. I just got a response saying I wasn't eligible presumably as I use the phone rarely and don't top up a minimum of £5 monthly! Can't see a way round this
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • mrpyrouk
    Options
    Virgin radio has a free Orange SIM offer visit (http://www.virginradio.co.uk/djs_shows/shows/breakfast/orange/freesim.html) first to collect the monthly code word and the follow the "I want a free SIM" link to Orange.
    Continues to end of 2006
  • rapido
    rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    . .
  • telecomsavings
    Options
    Well I was told by Orange that you need to have been connected to the Orange pay as you go service for at least 30 days and spend at least £5 per month on the service to qualify for a free ticket on a wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure