Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Not sure why I put off out for a walk tomorrow, was supposed to be today, but weather was pants.. so DH stripped the other half of the kitchen.. gradual process now in there of taking down cupboards and putting up open shelves.

Washing done, £1.50 survey done on pr0filic which takes me to £20 payout when it clears. Few surveys on 1poll and joined a product testing site to see what that is like.
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Another £1 on pr0filic last night, 175 points on Ips0s (so close to payout there for another £10 Am@zon voucher) and up to £27.30 on 1poll.

DH's pay is in and I've estimated mine as it only varies by a few pence. Allocated all the pennies. We have nearly £1000 to fling at debt, but it's going to be a costly month so I'm not going to pay off any great amounts until the end of the month. My car is in the garage - one bit of work covered by the warranty, the other wasn't - so that is £67.. it needs two tyres, but we'll get those elsewhere and they are just investigating the last problem which looks like a new steering rack, hopefully that would be covered.

£12.19 sent to the CC and £200 sent to the other CC just to keep it ticking over.

Dentists, haircuts and other menial tasks on the agenda. Happy Tuesday all.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon DF0D,

You do so well with the surveys :D I've defo lost my way with them haven't done one for months :cool:

All sounding very organised round at yours xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    :eek: the flipping steering issue wasn't covered £890!!!!!

We argued a lot with the garage today saying that two major parts have gone wrong now in 10 months and cutting a long story short, we got the bill halved and a bit to £319. Still not a happy bunny we have to pay anything and it wipes out a lot of our intended debt repayment this month.. sigh..

Another £1.30 on pr0filic tonight.. but that's all today. Even screened out of a Youg0v survey today which hardly ever happened.

Off for an assessment for DS tomorrow to potentially go down a private route for assessment.. horrible to say, but it will come down to the cost I'm sure. I'm expecting 4 figures for it, but to a certain degree, I can't put a price on this.

Lovely afternoon out with friends in the sun.. the dog still hasn't recovered..
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    OMG DF0D no bl00dy way thats a ridiculous amount for a bill :mad: so glad youve got it right down, still a lot though.

Theres always sommat isn't there!!!! I know what you mean about DS though if it helps him with a diagnosis quicker then it will be worth it xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    So I'm just ignoring the car bill and thinking about the rest of half term and the adventures we have planned.

Dog woke me up licking my feet (gross) and yes (he does sleep on the bed - anything for peace at night) so I was awake from 4am!

I reckon I've still got about £300 to pay off the debt, but still holding onto it until later in the month, but I am taking to doing a daily tilly tidy of the account now, down to the nearest £5 - so £5.34 sent to the CC this morning.

I'm also saving every 50p I get and am not allowed to spend them - just need to find somewhere to store them... not sure what I'm saving for, but I won't notice them.

Happy Wednesday all!
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Boo to car bills! Hope you have a lovely rest of half term. Do you have loads of NT by you? We love them, although we don't have loads by us, we really enjoy the ones we have.

Those TT will make loads of difference to the CC

Can you get one of those 'tins' that need opening with a tin opener from the pound shop for your 50ps? We do it with £2 and last time we opened it, there was £600 in there which paid for a new window in our bathroom :D (it's all very rock and roll her as you can see :rotfl:)
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Poor you being awake at 4am... if its not the kids its the dog :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Boo to car bills! Hope you have a lovely rest of half term. Do you have loads of NT by you? We love them, although we don't have loads by us, we really enjoy the ones we have.

Those TT will make loads of difference to the CC

Can you get one of those 'tins' that need opening with a tin opener from the pound shop for your 50ps? We do it with £2 and last time we opened it, there was £600 in there which paid for a new window in our bathroom :D (it's all very rock and roll her as you can see :rotfl:)

We have probably about 30 or so NT places within an hour of us, so do get to them regularly.

Good thinking with the can, but we have no £1 shops anywhere near us - drawback or not maybe of living rurally!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options

I know MTG!!! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing