New House, New Mortgage!

Options

Comments

• jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks EatingtheElephant and SJ! I like to remind myself that if I had remained ignorant I would be paying that much for a lot longer! Has been totally worth the expense as we only had 5% deposit and were in love with this house so at least the high rates mean we live in it now and own 10%!haha.

Meant to be having horrid weather today, it did start with heavy awful rain yesterday, today is meant to be sleet and raining all day, so far its not yet miserable...shhh don't say it too loud! Will take the dogs out in an hour after there breakie has gone down!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Spoke too soon, two drenching doggy walks today! Blummin horrid, wet, windy with some sleet and hail thrown in! Managed to do 1.97 and 2.16miles today, was planning on trying to go further but the weather was too grim, little dog was very unhappy!! Can definately feel it in my legs, but its bearable!

Going for a walk tomorrow am with my other doggy friend, I am really struggling with my confidence when walking little dog. Big dog is super reactive and very stressed, this has ruined my confidence in managing her, I only take them out together with hubby or very early in the am! Little dog has started to be grumbly around other dogs and seems to have no confidence either, I have started avoiding doggy places and sticking to main routes...Annoyed with myself. Hoping doggy friend whose two dogs are super placid will help him feel more confident and ease my anxiety!

Jodles :o
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Had a lovely walk with my friend, her two dogs and my baby dog! He was so good as expected, we will def be doing it again! Hubby is home soon and I am looking forward to seeing him, in two weeks he will be away pretty much all week which will suck.

Taking big girl to hydrotherapy tomorrow night and my mum is dogsitting the little one as he isn't used to being alone and gets all upset. We were saying we should start to introduce him to alone time as big girl could easily be 7 or 8 if not older now and he is only 3 so may end up being an only dog someday which would be a huge shock to him. Oh too sad to think about, moving on...

So glad it is friday tomorrow!!

PS just checked, the £700 isnt in the mortgage yet but the £9.61 is! First (well second technically, no idea where that £1.79 went!!) TT to the mortgage was successful! Woohoo! Will do some foraging to see if another one can be made yet, may need to wait to interest to be added on!
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Found a great deal on this site, lots of spring bulbs for a tenner including delivery! Woohoo! Very exciting and whoever found the deal figured the cheapest you would get the bulbs otherwise would have been around £40, bargain!

£700 has arrived at the mortgage finally, it's looking good! Have rounded down the account again...I like whole numbers and can't send less than £1 so I sent £10.51 over...hubby said I need to stop being so free with it, we have only had the details since Monday!

Hubby is very poorly but wont have any time off work as he is too busy, get the feeling he may be poorly for a while at this rate, poor thing! Told him that's why we need to annihalate the mortgage! Doggy hydrotherapy was cancelled as they have a leak so she will be going on Tuesday instead.

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    So pleased you've managed to send money across successfully to your mortgage. There will be no stopping you now!

Good idea for training little dog for alone time. It will come in handy for lots of occasions. We are hoping to get another dog later in the year so need to think about this too. We use a kong sometimes when we go out to distract our dog. He's quite good at being left really but only because we have trained it (breed is super clingy!).

Good buy on the bulbs too, bet they will look great.
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I am very good at buying these things EatingtheElephant, but not very good at motivating myself to do anything with them once I have done it! Still have about 200 hedging plants to plant but in fairness the weather has been horrific and we took to doing a bundle at a time to make it less overwhelming!

Have managed a 4.5mile walk today (I even spell it out in my head rather than saying it because of the dogs, can't say field either or they bounce!). Will do some bramble threading through the fence, some parts are lovely and thick and will help make it more private on the stock side. Our painter friend is coming next weekend and will be painting the spare room orange! Eeek!!

Off to see step mum this evening for a cuppa and will give her her present, then out tomorrow for lunch with me mam and she will get her present. Both fabulous ladies and I hope they will like the presents...

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Another £7.01 TT over after some spends including the puppies diabetes medication which is already budgeted for and a 30th present for our friend!

After realising I am pants at doing things and I had ordered so many bulbs I went into the shed and planted 90bulbs I already had into pots, our soil is horrid clay so very difficult to plant into. We are going to make a small border down the bottom of the garden which we will fill with real soil for the new bulbs! Ran out of compost so will need some more as have seeds I want to try and grow as well!

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    my kitchen is now full of seed beds. my OH has potted tomatoes, sweet peas, runner beans and something else... we have pepper seeds and lettuce ready to pot.. He announced proudly the other day "we have life" :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    MoneyforDreams that is so exciting!! I took hubby out this morning to show him the bulbs as they were already starting to grow, so exciting!! Have some tulips which look amazing as well, not a natural grower, my potatoes didnt do well last year but I like to try! I will be popping over to see how you fabulous growing is going!

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 7 March 2016 at 10:21PM
    Options
    Ohh just ordered more gas and it has gone down to £45 a bottle! Since we moved in this has dropped a tenner which is nice! So that £90 for gas spent this morning instead of £100! Will TT that over at some point, will need to log on to my bank out to send it over then send it over again! Edited to say: Have sent it over now!

Had another nice walk this am, only 2.8miles, depending how busy I am this afternoon my try and sneak a walk with little dog in my lunch break but not sure how feasible it will be!

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure