Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• hillside777
    hillside777 Posts: 357 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2013 at 9:07PM
    Options
    walked the dog again, fed the horses, went round the fields with the barrow and shovel again and put two items on eBay.

:D

I'm beginning to wonder what two items you put on ebay after shovelling the fields. :D
    June 16 Mortgage Amount £82,896.15
    Official mortgage end date August 2027 :(
    Current rate 2.59% until August 2020
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    bonnington wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder what two items you put on ebay after shovelling the fields. :D

:rotfl: I think that would probably be on their list of prohibited items :p I'm selling a Heather Moffett seat saver (don't need it any more now I have one of her saddles) and a 46" leather girth, so if you know anyone needing either, point them in my direction :D

56 orders to go today, £635 in the bank :T That's over 50% of what I took for the whole week this time last year, although I'm still about 10% behind my running total for matching last year thanks to not having a £1000+ deposit from Amazon every other Monday. That difference will stop soon though (I think I ran out of toolkits around mid November) and then I should catch up the gap as I'm pretty certain that with the Amazon figures stripped out I'm doing better this year than last.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Another 31 shipped out today - or technically 30, as one was a replacement of some cabochons that, from the looks of them, Royal Mail drove a van over!

I forgot to say on Saturday that I de-registered from my dentist on Friday. This is not quite as insane as it sounds; I've finished my Invisalign treatment and they and I both agree that there's no point in continuing to do a 6 hour round trip for routine check-ups, particularly as I'd had a bit of apple skin firmly stuck between two back teeth for three weeks that neither brushes (manual, electric, interdental), floss nor tweezers could get out and if I'd had a more local dentist I could have had it removed a lot sooner. That means that I've been able to cancel my £20 a month Highland Dental Plan. The dentist Mr Minx goes to has never charged him more than about £40 for a check up and clean, so I shall register with them in six months' time and PAYG :D

Finn's ulcer stuff arrived yesterday afternoon. He had his first dose yesterday evening and his second this evening and although I'm trying very hard not to get too excited because I know I could be reading more into things than I perhaps should, I think it's working :j:j It'll mean another £110 on the overdraft if I order another 100 sachets, but that's about 2 months' worth (3 once he's down to the maintenance dose) and if it helps him it's worth every penny.

Today I've been mostly glued to the computer listing stuff. I've got the flatback stars done, just 18 different hearts to do now. I had my first order for the 3mm rounds and, thankfully, they *just* weigh enough for my counting scales to be able to cope (50 weigh 0.4g!). I'm probably sending people around 15-20 extra per bag just to be on the safe side, but in terms of time saved it's worth it. I must investigate getting some more accurate scales that weigh to the 100th of a gram, but I suspect they're going to be expensive. I've also started to clear out the load of charm beads I bought nearly 2 years ago that have never really sold - the glass ones have gone on in packs of 10 for 99p, which is making me a slight loss on what I paid after VAT and fees, but they've been making me the square root of naff all sitting in a box not selling, so time to get them cleared and raise some money to buy more gemstone beads which are selling really well ever since I ditched my Amazon shop and put the prices down.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Oh eBay, why do you always do something weird right at the time of year sales start to pick up? This year they've done something that's broken the flat rate postage rules, so my customers are now being charged P&P on every single item they buy rather than one P&P charge per order. The record so far in the last 24 hours is a French lady who was billed £76 - fortunately she noticed and contacted me to get a corrected invoice, but another customer placing a large order didn't realise and paid £60 in postage :eek: I refunded her, of course, but I'm guessing eBay won't refund me the final value fees on the extra postage :mad:

The Barclaycard got paid today, only £13.13 in interest on it this month (it's the 6.9% life of balance transfer). And I got 6 out of the 18 hearts photographed, which is a start. It's a bit of an elephant that job, but I shall eat it a chunk at a time and get it done. Also ordered some more stock of things I've sold out of and did an office supplies order - 5 reams of A4, 200 sheets of address labels, next year's diary and a new calculator as the display on my school one (seriously, it's got C Jones 6A on the back of it in Tippex :rotfl: so I must have got it for A-level maths) has finally packed up after 22 years.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Scores on the doors day and it's a better week, though there are some caveats (see below!):

Business
    Overdraft: -£-8256.52 / -£7051.17 +£1205.35

Business total: -£-8256.52 / -£7051.17 +£1205.35

Personal
    Overdraft: -£822.96 / -£1018.77 -£195.85
    Egg card: -£3085.00 / -£3085.00 no change
    Barclaycard: -£2455.00 / -£2410.00 +£45.00
    Nationwide card: -£2570.00 / -£2570.00 no change

Personal total: -£8932.96 / -£9083.77 -£150.81

Grand total: -£17,189.48 / -£16,134.94 +£1054.54

The caveats are as follows:

1) There's £823 to come out of the business account - I've made two card payments to a supplier since last Friday and their accounts lady has been too busy to put them through yet.

2) There's another £100-ish to come out of the personal overdraft because I'm convinced Finn's ulcer stuff is working and have ordered him a full course.

So really more level on the week than £1000 paid off, but it looks good anyway :p

Mr Minx has taken the day off to play with his new log splitter, so I'd better look like I'm doing some work rather than talking to you lot ;)
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    I had to post out this morning - 21 orders shipped out and I already have another 12 to go, so Monday could be busy!

Mr Minx is away next week on business, it was only going to be until Thursday but he got a letter yesterday from the hospital telling him that his pre-operative assessment would be at 2pm next Friday, so he might as well stay Thursday night in Inverness on his way back from Manchester rather than coming back up here and going back down again. This is a bit of a shock, as the surgeon told him this appointment would be about 2 weeks before the operation and there was a 12 week waiting list - he could be getting done this side of Christmas at this rate! Anyway, since he's basically not here for the next 7 days, this week's shopping bill was absolutely tiny :)

Mr Minx is getting worried about being bored stupid while he's laid up at home for 6 to 12 weeks recovering and has decided he wants a Playstation, so I'm trying to hunt down a decent deal. Game and Tesco are both doing an online offer of the 500GB PS3 with Beyond: Two Souls and The Last Of Us. Game is £209.99 and Tesco is £229 but we have quite a lot of Clubcard vouchers saved up, so we may be better off going for the Tesco deal. It expires on 31st August though, so we need to make our minds up fairly fast.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mr Minx is getting worried about being bored stupid while he's laid up at home for 6 to 12 weeks recovering and has decided he wants a Playstation, so I'm trying to hunt down a decent deal. Game and Tesco are both doing an online offer of the 500GB PS3 with Beyond: Two Souls and The Last Of Us. Game is £209.99 and Tesco is £229 but we have quite a lot of Clubcard vouchers saved up, so we may be better off going for the Tesco deal. It expires on 31st August though, so we need to make our minds up fairly fast.

Erm August is gone!
    Must use my stash up!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Erm August is gone!

Ooops, well spotted :o Make that October!! I've had a count up and we have just over £100 of Clubcard vouchers, so it's looking more and more like Tesco. We might wait and see if they do a bundle with the new Assassin's Creed game though, as that's what Mr Minx really wants to play.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    I've been so good today :D I dusted, tidied and cleaned, washed the sofa throws, photographed all the rest of the fiddly little hearts and got them listed (annoyingly the 4mm red ones are all slightly mis-shaped, so they'll have to be sold off cheaply as a job lot) and re-priced some charms that weren't selling.

The couple of things I put on eBay last Sunday have both sold for a total of £60, which is a nice chunk towards Mr Finn's treatment :) I must get that saddle up for sale this week - step one is having a look in the shed for its cover.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    It's been a looooooooong day. Mr Minx left for Manchester at 6.45am and thanks to a points failure on the first train and a problem with the brakes on the second, won't get to his hotel until around 10pm. I appreciate that the company is trying to save money, which is why he wasn't allowed to fly, but I'm not sure how much of his two-day course he'll take in after today, so it seems a bit of a false economy :mad:

I ended up with 47 orders to post today, so thank goodness I sent out 21 on Saturday otherwise I'd have been swamped! I've also finished unpacking the past three weeks' stock deliveries (they're all booked on and selling, but I tend to pick out of the boxes rather than filing the stuff away where it should be), flattened all the cardboard boxes into the recycling bin, got another 11 clearance items listed and found Merlin's saddle cover and put it through the wash :D

I've joined in (or hijacked, might be a more appropriate term :p) craftingmad's 10 day challenge: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4780272 My 5 day challenge while Mr Minx is away is as follows:

1) Do 50 eBay listings for clearance stock for my business

2) Write 5 blog posts for the business blog

3) Re-price and re-list 5 types of gemstone bead

4) Declutter 50 items (including getting Merlin's old saddle up for sale - even if it doesn't go this week, I'm counting it as 1!)

5) Get 25 more items (5 a day) listed in my Etsy shop

I'm behind schedule at the moment, but Monday was always going to be busy. Hopefully I'll catch up by Friday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure