PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

It's STILL tough and not getting better - so how are we coping?

Options

Comments

• Wee_Jo
    Wee_Jo Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options
    katiegizmo wrote: »
    Thanks Penelopedee... I know....just sometimes its easer to pretend you're ok when deep down you're really not!

Still tomorrow is another day and another chance of things changing, really hoping for good news from a job DH has had a second interview for. Everythings crossed twice over!!! lol

Wishing good lick and silver linings to all the fantastic people on this thread xx it's a true life line!

EDIT: perhaps good luck would be better than good lick!!!!! hehe

Good luck Mr Gizmo for tomorrow!

And KatieGizmo, at least on here you don't have to pretend...here on !!!!!! creek we're all sharing the same paddle :rotfl:
    LBM 04/05/10 :T DEBT FREE 30/07/10 :j I made it!
    CHALLENGES: 0 bought lunches June or July :)
    Aug SoL: 15/21 June NSDs: 11/14 July NSDs 12/11 :j Aug NSDs: 5/12 Savings target: £500/5000
  • muffin_man_7
    Options
    I LOVE LIFE :j
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening! just got back from work - a long 11 hour shift and I've had over 5 pages to catch up on!:)

Frugalista - well done to your DH:T its great to have some good news x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • penelopedee_2
    penelopedee_2 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options

Me too :D
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • muffin_man_7
    Options
    sorry about that for last 18 days been trying to work out how you all put little pics on so the I LOVE LIFE:jWAS A DEMO FROM MY SON he's a bit down tonight he cant go to stay with his gf and their little baby girl (4weeks old on thursday ) as gf has fallen asleep
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Great news Frugalisters & good luck to those job hunting

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • smileyt_2
    smileyt_2 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Ginny, used to be in Stockport and since beginning of this year near Warrington / Salford so Longsight not so close any more. Still arrange to go once a month though. Haven't explored Salford well enough yet to find the best shops. Warrington market excellent and right next to B&M Bargains (can't believe I have reached the stage of life where that happy combination makes my heart beat faster with the giddy excitement of it all!)

I notice that Tesco is selling its UHT milk at 23 pence more a litre than Lidl - shocking, that's nearly five shillings in old money!

Hello FB, would you like to come to our Manchester/NW meetup on 14 August? You could combine it with a trip up to Levenshulme :D
    Aspire not to have more but to be more.
    Oscar Romero

Still trying to be frugal...
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :TWell done on the job front Frugalista + Mr Frugalista.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • Wee_Jo
    Wee_Jo Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options

Yay!! Great attitude Muffin Man :T
    LBM 04/05/10 :T DEBT FREE 30/07/10 :j I made it!
    CHALLENGES: 0 bought lunches June or July :)
    Aug SoL: 15/21 June NSDs: 11/14 July NSDs 12/11 :j Aug NSDs: 5/12 Savings target: £500/5000
  • AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just saying hello... I've been busy for a couple of days and now have pages to catch up on!
    Had a great free day out today, at Big Pit in the Wlesh valleys if anyone knows it... an old coal mine that's now an interactive museum / visitor attraction.
    My goodness, those miners had a hard time, it was almost unbelievable how they lived. It was so interesting, and DS loved going down the mine with a hard hat with a light on! Highly recommended if anyone's in the area.
    Ooh, and I have an interview on Thursday for the most perfect job in the world... cross everything please!!!
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport