Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Options

Comments

• Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2014 at 10:02AM
    Options
    So to get myself out of my funk.

I'm stressing about life just ambling along. We all recognise I'm not an ambler, even if I try hard.

More of an unfocussed drifter sums me up.

So I'm going to start writing up my hours/time of productivity to allow me to focus on what's important and also allow myself to have some 'me time', when I can.

Whilst I'm down to 7 hours paid work a week at the moment, Im mindful I've writing to get on with which will eventually pay, a manual to write (possibly the smallest manual in the universe) and a few things to sort out to move things forward in the homestead/workplace.

So todays things

Womble work - 1.5 hours - Paid work
    Diving DS to work/back, phoning drs arranging driving lessons - 2-3 hours family tech support
    Sorting out at the flat - mortgage income - 4-5 hours home income tech support
    Working in the garden - future household income/food support tech (X hours as the day allows once home at t-time)
    Cleaning house/changing beds - home/family tech support - 1 hour
    Meal planning - food tech support 1/2 hour

:)

You see I'm not a lazy lummox after all.

Well that's more for me to see really isn't it.

I recognise I need to get some structure in my days/week so I'm hoping to be a bit more disiplined although easier said than done when my life often doesn't seem to be my own. But, I'm happy I have a family to support. I just need recognise that's helpful and needed. Doesn't mean I'm lazy.

:rotfl:
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Oh and incase I forget.

Appointment with the local castle gardener next week about a bit of volling.

Easier to be nearer to the plants (and not be a stalker) if you're actually volunteering at a garden rather than hanging out there on a daily (almost stalkerish) basis.

:D

Must email the local botanical garden lady like whot I promised too.
  • little_sweetie
    Options
    You see I'm not a lazy lummox after all

Crumbs, Pips, I'd be hard pressed to fit in even half of your day, and you with a poorly back an' all. I do hope it's mending. I know from personal experience how miserable a bad back can make you feel.

Looking forward to seeing the Rainbow Crew's new photo :)

Oh and good luck on the volunteering front x
    Sealed Pot Challenge #012
    SPC #5 £111 SPC #6 £175 SPC #7 £151 SPC#8 £78 SPC#9 £72.50 SPC #10 £23.50 SPC #11 £276.18
    SPC #12 £108.56 SPC 13 £127.89 SPC 14 £113.62
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Thanks little sweetie. Just an odd day

Home

Shorts on watering started stuff to potter at :-)

Have a good evening chaps! What's for tea?
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    TEA?
    I'm still commuting home!:mad:
    Left at 5:15 Sigh
    7 min bus took 45....
    30 min train still chugging...
    and in this heat people smell funny!:eek:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,777 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear RT!

I confess it's been porridge and toast for tea in my house tonight. But in my defence I've been out for 12 hours and this is the first day I've been home for tea all week so I just couldn't face cooking anything!

Now I've sat down for a while I might cook for tomorrow's lunch though... Although I might not :D

Lots of veggies in the fridge, must make sure they get used! :eek:

Goodness Pippi, just how you could think you are a lazy lummox I don't know!! :eek: Glad you're getting it all written down though if only to prove it to yourself :D
  • little_sweetie
    Options
    Thanks little sweetie. Just an odd day

Home

Shorts on watering started stuff to potter at :-)

Have a good evening chaps! What's for tea?

Couldn't be ar**d cooking much as it's too darn hot so frozen fish portions & oven chips shoved in the oven and served with mushy peas tonight :o followed by the last few strawbs with the last scrapings of ice cream. I did feel a bit guilty though so made some twinks hobnobs for DH later once the kitchen had cooled a bit :A

Somehow I don't think we'll sleep soundly tonight....
    Night night......
    Sealed Pot Challenge #012
    SPC #5 £111 SPC #6 £175 SPC #7 £151 SPC#8 £78 SPC#9 £72.50 SPC #10 £23.50 SPC #11 £276.18
    SPC #12 £108.56 SPC 13 £127.89 SPC 14 £113.62
  • troglodyte
    troglodyte Posts: 697 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2014 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Morning all!
    Stormy night here last night, but it's made for a nice fresh morning.

Pippi no-one could possibly call you lazy, you put us all to shame!

Re the filling jars thing; that's what I was afraid of, that the retailers would refuse to fill jars you bring in case you later complain about food being mouldy or something and it's due to your containers not being clean. Also anything requiring a label has to have the correct one (I refill Ecover washing-up liquid bottles and the shop will only refill the exact bottles with the exact same label, not even a different 'flavour' of the same stuff).

Eating up odds and ends here today as away later, wonder what oddities we'll find to use up?
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Morning Lands!

How lovely to have a few visitors, sorry didn't get back on last night the Lord of the Manor returned late from his trip to the capital of the country next door to us :D

RT I hope you're home now and Mr RT provided cheese, why did it take so long I wonder. Six eggs, you'll be glad to hear - we're pushing triple figures now. One of the lasses seems to be getting terribly bullied by the other. I'm thinking of isolating her for a while (bully or bullier?) will read up a bit. Team photo later, the ladies are getting scrubbed up for the event.

Trog - use it upper's are my favourite. :) I think the regs here are quite stingent about containers etc - I've not tried it myself but you never know I may just yet take a jar in and wave it at the deli counter.

RT If I end up in the clink, you're good for a bit of moral support right?

Little_Sweetie - sounds like a delish tea to me. I love a bit of chips and mushy peas and fish always a favourite. Hobnobs - must make them again haven't in ages.

I was thinking I might make shortbread today - its not as 'footery' as it sounds and is yummy. Its a lazy recipe as you know how I like my shortcuts.

I know given the egg situation I probably should make something eggy but I know the guys love this and I've not made it in ages.

Cheery you sound busy. Porridge for tea is always a good un. :D now what did you make for lunch?

Hope the weekend is grand for you all we've NOWT planned, last weekend like that in a long while coming so I'm not feeling guilty.
  • Pippilongstocking
    edited 18 July 2014 at 8:57AM
    Options
    So todays a 'mostly at the ranch' day.

Cannae wait.

Edibles in the garden are now as follows. (I did a recky earlier when saying goodmorning to the chooks)

Mangetouts :) a few lets not scare them
    Tomatoes - 2 ripe, some a following - GP would be proud.
    Eggs and many of them :D clever girls
    Salad leaves
    Alpine strawberries
    Herbs including basil, parsely, chives, sage, bay, thyme, lavender, rosemary

A coming (very) soon
    Almost courgettes - they are tiny but swelling
    Sweetcorn about to flower
    Big strawbs flowering
    Runner beans flowering
    French beans flowering
    More tomatoes all bush reds and yellows
    cabbages (savoy and stonehead),
    Rasps (autumn)
    Apples
    Currants - red
    Blueberries - erm, blue
    Chilli's - 9-10 types (I forget)

Considering we moved in with just an apple tree and was armed with several windowboxes to fill, I'm quite chuffed with that.

And my chums have been arriving with plants which is very kind indeed.

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts