No Buying Unnecessary ToiletriesDecember 2014

Options

Comments

• sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    No UU but I've turned a bit of a corner- no inclination to get the s&g boots offer and I also had a £15 off Clarins voucher expiring today which I haven't used
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Valm Thank you for the Information on the Clinique offer, but don't think I should be buying anymore Mascara (just managed to give a way two mini's).

Sundaysgirl I would like to downgrade some products (not that I buy really expensive stuff), but sometimes struggle with the cheaper brands. I think its because they tend to add more fragrance to their products?
  • Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sorry if i'm posting too much !:o

Of course you're not! If people don't post, it gets too quiet in here :P
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • lankygirl20
    Options
    Thanks guys, nice to find such a friendly bunch on a forum :)! Was worried about spaming the forum especiallly in the next while when I start trying to clear out my sachet stash!

VALM you've just reminded me I have a few samples of the eyeliner in my stash at my parents :( think they might have to be a GA or even TA.
  • Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys, nice to find such a friendly bunch on a forum :)! Was worried about spaming the forum especiallly in the next while when I start trying to clear out my sachet stash!

Not at all. Keeps me motivated to keep going seeing someone newer than me doing so well!
    I have a couple things I've almost finished so should have a few UUs soon!
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening ladies

Finally have some reporting. So UU Gum hairspray from bf house. HG item for me and bulk bought when I thought it was getting discontinued. Have replaced it with another.

Another uu L'Occitaine universal shower gel. WNBA even at half price £9 for that size of shower gel is just too much. Have looked out a sanctuary shower cream now.

My Laid Bare Pack Your Bags eye cream is spluttering now. Feel like a few of my eye creams are going to run out at the same time. I'm trying to avoid feeling the rise of the panic buying in me. It will be fine.

Just on a side note. I bought my best friend the best of benefit gift set for £24.50 as part of her Christmas. At the time I'd talked myself out of buying one for myself and now having seen it, boy am I regretting that one. It is fab. Nevermind, I'm holding out for some Elemis deal. Got a stonking good one last Christmas.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    UU garnier roll on deo. Was ok, more in stash but not too sure I'd buy again
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lankygirl - don't throw away your Benefit eyeliners, the will sell well on ebay.

In from my advent calendar - Sally Hansen Nail Rehab.

I also have a uu - sort of - I have put a bottle of Body Shop Raspberry Ripple Shower Gel into the kitchen handwash bottle.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • anamenottaken
    Options
    Confession time.
    Having reported 2 UUs this month, I was silly and bought:
    2 glitter nail varnishes -
    totally unnecessary because I broke a nail on Thursday which will take a while to grow back to varnishing length and I have dozens of bottles available
    and
    3 Mellor & Russell Simply Bright temporary hair colourants (blue, pink and peach) -
    when I should really have tried one first to make sure there was no bad reaction (only saving feature is that at least I didn't have any in my stash before this purchase)
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    Phew a night in finally, 4 Christmas meals this week and I'm worn out after a day of cleaning. Haven't had time to be buying so only a UU to report Extracts coconut and shea body butter. Have a night evening all:)
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure