IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Free Parking Overstay

Options

Comments

• HuffandDoback
    HuffandDoback Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2018 at 11:16AM
    Options
    They copied in the ceo, Roger Burnley, into the complaint and received a reply from Asda Executive Relations.
    Their emails were to the effect of its not Asda!!!8217;s problem, they should not have overstayed and the landlord has the right to enforce the charge. They suggested to complain to the parking operator
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They copied in the ceo, Roger Burnley, into the complaint and received a reply from Asda Executive Relations.
    Their emails were to the effect of its not Asda’s problem, they should not have overstayed and the landlord has the right to enforce the charge. They suggested to complain to uk-carparkmanagement, which is CPM isn’t it? They were clear it was UKPC so I assume Asda made a mistake in saying this.

UKCPM and UKPC are different companies, and the appeals process for those two companies are completely different.

Before you go any further, we need to know which company you are dealing with, as the advice for each company is completely different.

What is the name of the company on the PCN?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • HuffandDoback
    Options
    The company on the Parking charge is UK Parking Control Limited
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The company on the Parking charge is UK Parking Control Limited

So nothing to do with CPM then. Please edit your previous posts to remove this confusing information.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So Asda caused this confusion and have no idea who is on site, and don't care about customers?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HuffandDoback
    Options
    Yes, apologies Asda created the confusion by referring to a different operator. It is not just their car park and they were not interested in helping as the driver did break the rules and went off site to a pub.

Quote from Asda Executive Relations: "I'm very sorry you have received the parking charge however we wouldn't be able to cancel the charge and the landlord does have the ability to enforce the charge for customer who have overstayed. We do have these rules to ensure customers always have a space to park when shopping at the centre." Another earlier email said it was unlikely that an appeal would cancel the charge "especially since you have advised your friend visited the pub whilst the car was parked."

Would it be advised to just wait for UKPC's refused appeal then appeal to Popla or are there other routes to explore that they have not considered yet?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you complained to the Managing Agents of the Retail Park (easy to Google in most cases)?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HuffandDoback
    Options
    Yes, emailed them and still waiting on the reply!
  • HuffandDoback
    Options
    Just a quick update:
    No response from the landlord but will send a chaser today.
    UKPC have sent one of their standard letters asking for the drivers details or the registered keeper will be accepting liability... this will be ignored!
  • HuffandDoback
    Options
    Hi
    This is day 43 since the appeal to UKPC. They have just received a letter dated from day 38 providing the POPLA reference number. They will start drafting the POPLA appeal soon but can the fact the letter is after the 35 days be used against UKPC?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport