Process for getting CCTV footage

Options

Comments

• AlphaCentauri
    Options
    OK, 21 comments and no nearer to an answer to the original question.

I got a police reference number which I gave to the company and they fobbed me off with they'll only deal with the police.

How do I communicate with the police on this issue? I've already sent them a report on the incident.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Subject Access Request + £10
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options

I got a police reference number which I gave to the company and they fobbed me off with they'll only deal with the police.

How do I communicate with the police on this issue? I've already sent them a report on the incident.
    Your original question was
    Does this sound like correct procedure or is this normal in the case of collisions?
    You have been told it is normal procedure, and why.
    The company have not fobbed you off, they have acted in accordance with their policy and their obligations.
    How do you communicate with the police? That is up to you. Phone or email I would suggest, but better than you have with people on here, that is for sure...
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You pick up the phone, discuss the matter with them and see where you go from there. But as you were informed in post #9
    The police will decide whether it's worth their time and effort pursuing what to them is a trivial matter on (presumably) private land.
  • AlphaCentauri
    Options
    I had to call a special number with the relevant police force which deals with these incidents.

Strange that no one here seemed to be aware of that given the number of road traffic incidents.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    I had to call a special number with the relevant police force which deals with these incidents.

Strange that no one here seemed to be aware of that given the number of road traffic incidents.
    Not really. You’ve drip-fed what little information you have provided and appear to expect people to possess psychic abilities to fill in the numerous and sizeable gaps. Why is it surprising that you came across the answer before anyone else did?
  • AlphaCentauri
    Options
    Not really. You!!!8217;ve drip-fed what little information you have provided and appear to expect people to possess psychic abilities to fill in the numerous and sizeable gaps. Why is it surprising that you came across the answer before anyone else did?

Yes, really! How many millions of incidents are there which have a strict procedure which commenters failed to communicate. All I got was misdirected indignation of loser keyboard warriors.

If only losers like you could direct that energy into something useful rather than attacking Joe Public.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, really! How many millions of incidents are there which have a strict procedure which commenters failed to communicate. All I got was misdirected indignation of loser keyboard warriors.

If only losers like you could direct that energy into something useful rather than attacking Joe Public.

You do realise how badly you are coming across on this thread don't you?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options

You got the correct answer in the very first reply.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options

:rotfl: This is really quite funny now. The usual response from someone who did not like the answer they were given because it did not fit with their opinion.

Drip, drip, drip...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport