Brother problems

Options

Comments

• ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    Furthermore, I now feel safe in the knowledge to realise that my brother won't tamper with my financial details. We won't people's mindset even if they did.

What gives you this certainty?

Don't know what the second sentence means.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 September 2017 at 10:08AM
    Options
    Hi everyone

Had a little argument with my mum this morning.

I'm only contracted to do 8, yet have been doing overtime for the past week. I had been claiming Job Seekers Allowance for the duration of the overtime, and the JCP advisors say we can't let you carry on claiming if you're working over 16 hours. Yet, she thinks I'm going to drop her in the !!!!... The clues literally in the name Job SEEKERS Allowance.

Yes, I do want to drop her in it and let her get a long jail time because that's what she truly deserves, in my opinion.

I feel like bouncing her head off a wall sometimes, but don't think that's worth a criminal record, and I'm not a violent person type neither, but she just infuriates me and absolutely loves to start arguments by bringing up past grievances with me. Why? I assume because she's bored and has nothing better to do.
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    PS. You dont grow out of your autism, you just learn to cope with it better!
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As I've posted before, I'm not very familiar with the Benefit system but I do know that 16 hours is a crucial cut off. I'd applaud you if you feel you can sustain further hours but if they're only temporary overtime then I think you just declare it and they adjust Benefits accordingly. However people tell me it can be messy as the system doesn't deal with stop/start very efficiently. Hopefully others can advise you more specifically.

I suppose your mum wants you to keep the overtime quiet and collude with her in defrauding the system. You're absolutely right to refuse to get involved in this although I wouldn't recommend you go as far as physical violence!:rotfl:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Aaron

You might like to google Jeremy Clarke and his attitude to people having his bank details.

If I remember correctly, he put on line his bank details as he thought no-one could do anything with them .....until he noticed (or was contacted by his bank I can't remember the exact details) and someone had made a sizable donation to a cancer charity using those details.

LilElvis is right ...you need to change at least your account number!
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Aaron

You might like to google Jeremy Clarke and his attitude to people having his bank details.

If I remember correctly, he put on line his bank details as he thought no-one could do anything with them .....until he noticed (or was contacted by his bank I can't remember the exact details) and someone had made a sizable donation to a cancer charity using those details.

LilElvis is right ...you need to change at least your account number!

I think you mean Jeremy Clarkson, he published his bank details in his newspaper column and someone made a big donation to charity.

Aaron, what mess does your mum think you're going to land her in? Is it the knock on effect on her housing benefit of you working, or that it shows she's claiming PIP for you fraudulently?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    Aaron, what mess does your mum think you're going to land her in? Is it the knock on effect on her housing benefit of you working, or that it shows she's claiming PIP for you fraudulently?

My mum knows me as the person who shares too much information, not always strictly true. She is also a bit wary of me reporting her for benefit fraud because after she filled out that PIP form "Don't be telling anything to anyone", to which I replied "I won't".
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    I think you mean Jeremy Clarkson, he published his bank details in his newspaper column and someone made a big donation to charity.

Well spotted !
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    My mum knows me as the person who shares too much information, not always strictly true. She is also a bit wary of me reporting her for benefit fraud because after she filled out that PIP form "Don't be telling anything to anyone", to which I replied "I won't".

Please contact one of the agencies that can support you Aaron. Your mum knows that as a disabled person you are vulnerable and she is abusing that. You could call someone when you're at work so you're able to talk openly. Is there a manager at work you would trust to help you?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unless I've misunderstood though, mum isn't taking any of Aaron's money. He isn't paying her any keep. Do you not think there is a possibility that she is applying for PIP for you to give you more money? I know it's not want you want her to do, but isn't it possible she believes she's doing it in your best interests?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure