No credit score but I've got a credit card and loan?

Hi,

I've tried having a look around on the forum and on the internet but I haven't been able to have any luck.

Basically....my partner has got a credit card that he uses regularly but always pays on time and has never missed a payment and a loan to which was only a small loan but again he always pays back the monthly repayments and has never missed a payment. (the loan is nearly paid off) as well as his mobile phone contract which he pays monthly and again has never missed a payment.

He has recently signed up for the MSE credit club but it keeps saying 'it is taking longer than usual to find your credit score please try again later' or something along those lines.

He then went onto Experian and on their credit report it states that 'there is not enough information to create a credit score'?

I've got less things in credit than him yet I have a credit score?
What information do they need to build up a credit score as he has had a credit card which he has used over years as well as his mobile phone?

I'm just a little confused?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    is he on the electoral role, has he had a lot of addresses?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ignore the lack of credit score. It makes no difference.

Are you able to view his file at all? Or can Experian not find him at all?

Does he appear on the other CRAs!
  • murfulls92
    murfulls92 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi,

Yes he is on the electoral roll and no he's only moved about 3 times his whole life?
  • murfulls92
    No he has no information on the MSE credit report. We haven't paid Experian for the full report, which is the one for about £15 per month I think? That maybe why? im not sure....
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Have you checked the other 2 CRAs?

Call Credit: https://www.noddle.co.uk
    Equifax: https://www.clearscore.com

It might just be that his credit card, loan and mobile phone contract might not be reported to Experian by the individual lenders. Every lender has a choice on which CRA they send the data back to.

Don't spend a penny paying Experian for your credit report. The data will be the same as what is in the free one with MSE Club.

Does your partner have a bank account? How long ago did he open the credit card and loan accounts?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Candyapple wrote: »
    It might just be that his credit card, loan and mobile phone contract might not be reported to Experian by the individual lenders. Every lender has a choice on which CRA they send the data back to.

Also, very old products may not be on file at all, even if the lender does provide information to the CRA.

If he has had his credit card (or phone) for a long time the CRA's may have no knowledge about it. My main credit card with my highest credit limit but least utilisation doesn't exist as far as the CRA's are concerned.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • murfulls92
    Hi,

No ill get him to check them as well. Ok we'll hold of paying for it!
    Yes he's got a bank account with an overdraft & he's had the credit card for years now...not sure when he opened it but he uses it regularly & he got his loan last year and pays monthly off it. Its due to finish soon.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport