When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

I'm back again, worse than ever to be honest. Things all hit a head in March and along with help being needed in other areas than financial I realised that the money side of things are a big issue in fixing things elsewhere.

Although not posting I have been reading the diaries I have followed, so many who helped along when I first started are happily debt free now. I want to join them one day, both in being debt free and in happiness. :cool:

Our finances on paper while tight look okay. However we both smoke and my OH is not very responsible. At all. I fell into a gambling issue :o which I've sought help for and not a penny has gone on gambling since March.

Our household is me (Not working, our youngest has complicated health issues), My OH he works full time with over time, and 3 delightful children :A

I will make a seperate post for my debts/goals and then one with our SOA when I've completed it.

Hope I can stay around to sort myself, the debt and the happiness thing out.

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2017 at 9:13AM
    Debt 09/05/2017
    Council Tax £2092.71
    Fine 1 £1250
    Fine 2 £200
    Aunt £1000
    Mum £340 + £87
    Step Dad £1000
    Friend £1379

Total £7348.71

Aims 2017
    • Be happier
    • Be more organised
    • Keep posting
    • Keep track of everything! even the bad :o
    • Sort the house*
    • Keep head out of the sand, cannot sink any lower!
    • Sort a Laptop/desktop at home so eldest can do homework at home rather than school. *
    • DO NOT borrow anymore. We where rarely making a week where we didnt borrow from someone, this HAS to stop.
    *House, needs a complete overall. Its clean, its tidy, its organised. However we need to decorate, get carpets, get basics like kids beds etc. One room at a time, slowly but surely.

* I know computer access is a luxury, however my eldest is nearly 9 and is starting to struggle to keep up with his class mates and feeling embarrassed he has to stay behind to do any work needing online/computer work. I don't plan on spending a fortune on some latest gadget, something basic that will allow google search and that's about it.

• Hiddenidenity
    edited 9 May 2017 at 1:36PM
    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 3
    Number of cars owned.................... 0

Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 0
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 1235 (Average, this varies a lot)
    Benefits................................ 728.43
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 1963.43

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 0
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 487.5 (This includes a Court order of £12.50 a week)
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 225 (This is ordered by the court to clear debt and this years bill before 2018 bill is generated)
    Electricity............................. 100 (This is prepayment and paying off a large debt so cant switch same for gas)
    Gas..................................... 100
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 0 Unsure :cool::o
    Telephone (land line)................... 0
    Mobile phone............................ 15
    TV Licence.............................. 24 Paying for 12 months over 6 then will half
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 60 A luxury that will go when out of contract. This is V1rg1n and includes everything at a discount after telling them I really cant afford the original package we had signed up too
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 320 This is being generous, but does invlude nappies and dairy free foods.
    Clothing................................ 0
    Petrol/diesel........................... 0
    Road tax................................ 0
    Car Insurance........................... 0
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 0
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 60 bus pass for OH to work.
    Childcare/nursery....................... 30 school dinners/clubs
    Other child related expenses............ 0
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 0
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 0
    Life assurance ......................... 0
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 0
    Haircuts................................ 0
    Entertainment........................... 0
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1421.5

Assets

Cash.................................... 0
    House value (Gross)..................... 0
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 0
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 0

No Secured nor Hire Purchase Debts

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Fine 1.........................1250......100.......0
    Fine 2.........................200.......20........0
    Aunt ..........................1000......50........0
    Friend.........................1200......90........0
    Step dad ......................1000......50........0
    Mum ...........................340.......50........0
    Total unsecured debts..........4990......360.......-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 1,963.43
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,421.5
    Available for debt repayments........... 541.93
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 360
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 181.93

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 0
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -0
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -4,990
    Net Assets.............................. -4,990

Created using the SOA calculator at www.stoozing.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using Firefox browser.

This will need adjusting in bits. Few things

We are paid weekly, Everything is paid weekly. While it looks like we have money left over we both smoke. which costs a sickening amount, however I've never included smoking costs in my budget before but from today I am!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Today's house work is done. Chilli in the slowcooker for dinner tonight.
    Meal plan till Friday done (Friday is also shopping day)
    I'm waiting for this weeks wage slip to see what he will be sending me this week. This week and next his wages are short due to taking unpaid leave for some important appointments with youngest. Though now he will be back in full time with overtime, hes accepted offers of weekend work too this weekend..

My first smaller aim is the £87 to my mum this needs paying asap separately to the £340.

OH has annual leave from work for the first week in June so will need to factor in a lower wage for that week, plus me and the kids could be going away for the half term with my mum.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is there anyone or organisation that could give you a computer or laptop that they are not using for your son. We gave our old one to a little girl whose mother couldn't afford to buy one for exactly the reason you stated. It is important that children have access these days when so learning much is computer orientated but I would also encourage him him to join the local library (if there is one near). They probably have computer access as well. Failing that is there a relative or neighbour who would let him have access to theirs?
    Good luck with all your efforts.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hi Hidden,

Lovely to see you back.

Have subscribed and will be cheering you on again :D xx
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Have you tried to stop smoking? This would save you tons of money.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Is there anyone or organisation that could give you a computer or laptop that they are not using for your son. We gave our old one to a little girl whose mother couldn't afford to buy one for exactly the reason you stated. It is important that children have access these days when so learning much is computer orientated but I would also encourage him him to join the local library (if there is one near). They probably have computer access as well. Failing that is there a relative or neighbour who would let him have access to theirs?
    Good luck with all your efforts.

We used our local library a lot, not just for computer access but free entertainment and toddler groups too. However it closed last year and now the nearest is a bus ride away :(

Hi Hidden,

Lovely to see you back.

Have subscribed and will be cheering you on again :D xx

Thank you have found your diary to cheer you on too x
    Have you tried to stop smoking? This would save you tons of money.

I have. We both have. We've both failed and tbh I don't think we ever will! Maybe one day who knows.
  • Hiddenidenity
    House lovely and clean, all beds changed and windows done.
    Tonight I've spent outside sweeping and cleaning, which then moved onto sweeping the whole square (in front of neighbours etc)

Wage slips in. Need to discuss what OH is sending over to me this week. It's down a day as he had 1 day off. Still a 49 hour week though but I know he has some things he needs to sort for work so he'll need more money than usual.

Not a NSD. Needed to get coffee.

Bank is sad. Very sad. Although not in the minus we might just make it to Friday.

Plan now is to meal plan and do online food shop with Mr S for Friday morning. Then shower and crash for the night
  • Sounds like a productive day.

Mine wasn't a NSD either.

Good luck with the meal plan and the food ordering x
  • Hiddenidenity
    Well I didn't get the meal plan done or the food shop. Will sort it today or I'll miss the morning slots for Friday.

Two small ones in school and the youngest happily playing play doh.

Curry for dinner tonight, I even remembered to swap the chicken from the freezer to fridge so it can thaw. No other major plan's today, just general cleaning. We have someone coming looking at the broken worktop tomorrow (it finally went all the way through and now the sink is held up by the cupboard doors! So hopefully that can be sorted.

I think OH will just be paying rent this week and not contributing to anything else. Might have to try and hold some things off and spread it out over the next couple of weeks.

Listed 4 things on ebay and 1 has bids to £5.50 already so hopefully the others will gather interest even if only 99p!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure