Civil service test

Options

Comments

• SkimmySim
    Options
    RedfordML wrote: »
    What was the interview process involved? Seems to be huge number of vacancies, is this because of high staff turn over?

Its based on the competencies you fill out on the application form, then possibly a few more in front of a panel (2+) people! I think a lot of people have left or taken voluntary redundancy!!

My application status has changed now to application being reviewed yay lol!
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    I agree 100% with this. I have been there 15 years and the place is terrible now. I am trying very hard to get out.

I have been in another Govt Dept now for 28 years.

Wouldnt leave as I only have 12 years to go till I can retire on my contributions under the old PCPS Pension Scheme.

Also the people I work with make the job, the work isnt to bad either.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    antonic wrote: »
    I have been in another Govt Dept now for 28 years.

Wouldnt leave as I only have 12 years to go till I can retire on my contributions under the old PCPS Pension Scheme.

Also the people I work with make the job, the work isnt to bad either.

That's good and thanks for replying. I work at DWP where we have a "virtual network" and lot's of work comes through for us. They call them tasks.

Except, the deputy takes all the tasks and closes/clears them so he can sit and do nothing all day. But the problem is that some of these tasks are mines. So I will get a complaint through from a band B in the virtual network saying I have closed a task but not actioned it.

My line manager does nothing as she fancies the deputy.

I get given a box 3 - poor- as the whole place is courrupt.

Good for you, where you work, but after 15 years I can honestly say HM Government is the worst employer ever and has totally de-skilled me at EO/MPB6 level.
  • ilikewatch
    ilikewatch Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    Good for you, where you work, but after 15 years I can honestly say HM Government is the worst employer ever and has totally de-skilled me at EO/MPB6 level.

MPB6? Blimey, even when I started 12 years ago it was only the old folk there who still referred to PB/MPB grades!
  • goldsounds
    Options
    SkimmySim wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Was that for a work coach position???

Yes it was :) Please read the other thread!
  • goldsounds
    Options
    RedfordML wrote: »
    What was the interview process involved? Seems to be huge number of vacancies, is this because of high staff turn over?

I conpleted CS test with sift competencies marked at 5 & 5
    Got invited to interview in December
    Interview results were 6,6,5,4

Got the call this week to say they found me a place at local JCP for me to start in April'16.

Quite surprised I was offered considering last weeks announcement on estates ( Office ) closures.

I think as UC is being rolled out in different stages they need more WC's to support the rollout..
  • sajid123
    Options
    Can anyone email me competencies? i just want to review others and how they have portrayed their experience. and start my own. I need a baseline. Thanks
  • SkimmySim
    Options
    sajid123 wrote: »
    Can anyone email me competencies? i just want to review others and how they have portrayed their experience. and start my own. I need a baseline. Thanks

You don't need another persons competencies... Use the civil service framework and the STAR technique and try hit the points in the framework in the 250 words. Do it so you can expand on it during an interview possibly hitting more points.
  • SkimmySim
    Options
    goldsounds wrote: »
    I conpleted CS test with sift competencies marked at 5 & 5
    Got invited to interview in December
    Interview results were 6,6,5,4

Got the call this week to say they found me a place at local JCP for me to start in April'16.

Quite surprised I was offered considering last weeks announcement on estates ( Office ) closures.

I think as UC is being rolled out in different stages they need more WC's to support the rollout..

Congratulations!! I got my start date for the other role i applied for... I don't think its permanent as the lady said we have no issue with you looking for other jobs whilst with us *strange* lol.

So I'm hoping i get to the interview stage for the work coach as there permanent positions!!
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done :)

My work coach still "being reviewed" - how long does it take?

From what I remember from the time I was applying, they were planning the interviews for around 22nd Feb?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure