IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mil Collections - Letter Before action

Options

Comments

• spook104
    spook104 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    will this not have some bearing on this case ?

(Not allowed to quote the link in my reply)

Ralph:cool:

Possibly. I imagine I could add it as an additional point and hold them to strict proof that the information was not obtained from the DVLA.

The discussions below the post seem to centre around if it was a DPA breach or not, but it seems that regardless the DVLA contract prohibits the data being sold. As MIL have quite clearly told me the debt was sold to to them, this would be a breach of contract.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spook104 wrote: »
    Possibly. I imagine I could add it as an additional point and hold them to strict proof that the information was not obtained from the DVLA.

The discussions below the post seem to centre around if it was a DPA breach or not, but it seems that regardless the DVLA contract prohibits the data being sold. As MIL have quite clearly told me the debt was sold to to them, this would be a breach of contract.

You now need to get this confirmed by the DVLA
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    will this not have some bearing on this case ?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/parking-companies-breaking-data.html

Ralph:cool:
    Yes it is worth including in a defence (and after it's over, is worth suing the originating PPC for £750 for!). The originating firm WILL have got your data from the DVLA unless you gave them your details (e.g. by an early appeal).

MIL defences are very specific, not like other ones.

Have a look at cueball's thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spook104
    First Anniversary
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You now need to get this confirmed by the DVLA

Which part do you mean, the FOI response is quite clear.
    Do you mean I need to find out if the PPC obtained the data from the DVLA? I actually sent a V888 request, just over a week ago to start the process of finding out who obtained my drivers details.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spook104 wrote: »
    Which part do you mean, the FOI response is quite clear.
    Do you mean I need to find out if the PPC obtained the data from the DVLA? I actually sent a V888 request, just over a week ago to start the process of finding out who obtained my drivers details.

From the V888 will come the reply of who is PPC.

Regarding the PPC selling data to MIL is the question you need to be asking

David.Dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    form v888 , will get you that info , but why bother

amend / alter the letter below and post to the address on it , await an answer from them

Example Letter
    [Your Address]
    DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section
    Longview Road
    Morriston
    Swansea
    SA99 1AJ
    Dear Sirs
    Re: VRM AB12 XYZ
    As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details out. Please advise the information with regards to events between xx/xx/xx/ and xx/xx/xx.
    I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.
    Yours faithfully
    Mr Registered Keeper
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • spook104
    First Anniversary
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    From the V888 will come the reply of who is PPC.

Regarding the PPC selling data to MIL is the question you need to be asking

David.Dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

No you've lost me now. I'm not sure what I should be speaking to David about? Sorry, If I'm missing the obvious answer here.

I've never written to the PPC so for MIL to have obtained my information, I know it was from the PPC. MIL informed me of who the PPC was, the purpose of the V888 was to see if they (PPC) had obtain the information within the correct period of time. As I didn't get a window ticket, I understand that should of notified me within 14 days.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    send the letter I printed above , get it in writing that the PPC obtained your info from the DVLA , then you can fire back sweet bullets

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/parking-companies-breaking-data.html

who was the parking company , and approx. what date did this occur
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • spook104
    First Anniversary
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    send the letter I printed above , get it in writing that the PPC obtained your info from the DVLA , then you can fire back sweet bullets

who was the parking company , and approx. what date did this occur

PPC was One Parking Limited (T/A Capital 2 Coast Parking Management) and the date was August 2014
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One Parking Ltd (Trading as Capital 2 Coast Parking Management)

13/08/2014
    www.capital2coast.co.uk
    This Operator's AOS membership was inactive between 7th January 2015 and 17th July 2015.

now I need more info WHAT WAS THE DATE of the infringement ? as you can see , this lot joined the IPC on 13/08/2014 , so the date of the supposed ticket please
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family